Softphonics question

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
scratchnsnifff

08 Mar 2019

So I was wondering....
Why did they have to remove their rack extensions. Now that I remember it. They released a multi band distortion effect and a synthesizer. I can understand having them remove sample packs. I now remember thinking that the synth looked cool.

Idk if softphonics made that synth. Or if it was a design from a contractor coder. If that’s the case, I would like to see that person re release that synth :p

Also what is the status for those of us who purchased refills from that company. Should I keep or delete them? I don’t want some other company coming after me for using the impact strikes sounds when u purchased structure
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Loque

08 Mar 2019

There is eomwhere a huge thread about all that stuff. AFAIR in short, they stole samples and included them also in their synths. They/he quit or gave up the company more or less and nothing new can be expected to be released under that name.

AFAIK, you bought something and you did not not knew it was stolen and in my country it is yours now. I also remember, that PH gave some statement about that things in the thread...Maybe i gonna search it, but i am lazy as hell...
Reason12, Win10

moneykube

08 Mar 2019

wish collosus made it to shop... liked that one and made many patches... kay sara sara
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Loque

08 Mar 2019

moneykube wrote:
08 Mar 2019
wish collosus made it to shop... liked that one and made many patches... kay sara sara
It was crap tbh...
Reason12, Win10

RobC

09 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
08 Mar 2019
moneykube wrote:
08 Mar 2019
It was crap tbh...
I think the idea itself wasn't bad. But my concept is combining different synthesis types, instead of just placing them next to each-other. I'll probably do that in Reaktor.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

09 Mar 2019

moneykube wrote:
08 Mar 2019
No, that almost certainly had stolen content in it too - he specifically told me he'd added a load of choir samples. I don't know what Kay or the two Sara's had to do with it, but they certainly didn't provide new and exclusive vocal samples for him! :)

Que sera sera!

moneykube

09 Mar 2019

:o :oops: :shock:
to my disappointment it was indeed true... theft... it was the most time I spent testing a re sadly
live and learn
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

kitekrazy

09 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
08 Mar 2019
There is eomwhere a huge thread about all that stuff. AFAIR in short, they stole samples and included them also in their synths. They/he quit or gave up the company more or less and nothing new can be expected to be released under that name.

AFAIK, you bought something and you did not not knew it was stolen and in my country it is yours now. I also remember, that PH gave some statement about that things in the thread...Maybe i gonna search it, but i am lazy as hell...
The thread is a sticky called copyright.

I don't think anyone has to worry abut litigation since the theft would have to be in the millions.

sleep1979

11 Mar 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
08 Mar 2019
So I was wondering....
Why did they have to remove their rack extensions. Now that I remember it. They released a multi band distortion effect and a synthesizer. I can understand having them remove sample packs. I now remember thinking that the synth looked cool.

Idk if softphonics made that synth. Or if it was a design from a contractor coder. If that’s the case, I would like to see that person re release that synth :p

Also what is the status for those of us who purchased refills from that company. Should I keep or delete them? I don’t want some other company coming after me for using the impact strikes sounds when u purchased structure
See the problem is we all have decided to pay for our software ( we could use some sort of cracked if we like
But we dont want too , so knowing that its using stolen samples are you going to feel good using it like its yours ? Like you own it ? Because lets face it , you could make an album with crackes software and who is gonna know ? Who is going to come after you bro ?.
Lets be serious here , i think the real question your asking here is for some validation from us that your a good guy and you aint doing nothing bad , well you are a good guy and you aint soing nothing bad ,
if you can sleep at night using them do it , you paid some money and if you feel ok with that its up to u .
Because u done nothing wrong andrew skelton did , the asswipe he stole your money and spent it on vodka , u did nothing wrong . I broke up my sphere cd i got from amaZon it had clicks in the samples anyway ✌🏻

• Information