Red Rock American EQ series...

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
two shoes

07 Mar 2019

...has disappeard from the shop. Anyone know why? Mr. Red Rock?

aeox
Competition Winner

07 Mar 2019

It's possible this thread has something to do with it.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7511007

two shoes

07 Mar 2019

I don't think so - that was just an unhinged dude that seemed to have something personal against Red Rock. Anyways I believe they have since been updated to correct the delay reporting issue which is all it was if I understood correctly, not a fake oversampling function as the op in that thread was alleging.

aeox
Competition Winner

07 Mar 2019

two shoes wrote:
07 Mar 2019
I don't think so - that was just an unhinged dude that seemed to have something personal against Red Rock. Anyways I believe they have since been updated to correct the delay reporting issue which is all it was if I understood correctly, not a fake oversampling function as the op in that thread was alleging.
What I meant was the parts in the thread about the design/knobs being from API. Maybe Red Rock has removed it to make changes to the overall design and knobs to avoid trouble.

two shoes

07 Mar 2019

It's possible I suppose, but as he himself pointed out most of his product line (along with a bunch of other REs) is, shall we say, "inspired" by real hardware. I'd be quite surprised if that's the reason - in any case I hope they come back and go on sale in May as I've gotten some good results from them on trial.

boingy

08 Mar 2019

Neither side covered themselves in glory in that particular thread imo. If you have an argumentative customer on a forum you need to resist fanning the flames.

Red Rock

08 Mar 2019

two shoes wrote:
07 Mar 2019
Yes, we are changing the GUI at the moment. In my opinion, we did it even better than before.

aeox
Competition Winner

08 Mar 2019

Red Rock wrote:
08 Mar 2019
two shoes wrote:
07 Mar 2019
Yes, we are changing the GUI at the moment. In my opinion, we did it even better than before.
Glad to hear :D

FLVZ

08 Mar 2019

two shoes wrote:
07 Mar 2019
not a fake oversampling function as the op in that thread was alleging.
I found this allegation quite strange, I have the EQs there is clearly a difference in sound when you change the oversampling. He said he couldn't hear a difference. Arguably I heard more of a difference than when pressing the analog button which adds saturation. Try this out; if you took 8k band and 16k band and maxed them out with a lead synth or guitar (these are the sounds I was using) then toggled between the oversampling settings you hear big differences in quality.

seqoi

15 Mar 2019

two shoes wrote:
07 Mar 2019
Note - i absolutely did not had anything personal against him. Why would i? I bought his Re's. And used it. Found something strange. I reported strange behavior and then he started to ridicule my findings with other users. Read thread carefully from the beginning and then tell me i am the first one started ridiculing? Which is when i said i'll take the beating but i won't shut up so i returned back.

Mind you i NEVER reported him to anyone. Literally not to anyone. When i saw how i am labelled by people which don't care for quality of RE (like you just did it with "unhinged dude" ) i just told myself i had enough of that crap and left thread. I don't care you can call me by names and no i did not reported him to anyone. The fact that all these RE's are removed should tell you who was right.

My guess is that he either get his senses straight up or someone from Propellerhead monitored that thread and told him that actually i am right. You can not blatantly steal someone else graphical ideas, inverse them horizontally and call them your own and earn money on that. That's copyright breach.

Now when i browse his store i see he removed all RE's i mentioned in that thread which were actually blatant steal of someone else graphical work (that was my opinion).

I will repeat - what i said above on why he possibly removed all RE's i mentioned - is a bold guess not fact.

edit: sorry i now see. I was responding to you but i didn't read thread further. I see RR get his sense straight and he is actually working on individual GUI updates. At least something good turned out that nonsensical thread. Mind you i felt wrong i could played it more mature but he kept ridiculing me like he's i don't know last word in DSP processing development so i lost my nerves. My bad.

• Information