Rewards!!!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Mar 2019

Electric-Metal wrote:
05 Mar 2019
MrFigg wrote:
05 Mar 2019
Anybody remember the date we got the first points?
According to the OP, it must have been around mid of July '18.
Yeah. That’d make sense. Thanks.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Mar 2019

Well, if I wait out March and April then I’m guessing all the REs in the Rewards section will be on sale cheaper than I’d get them with my €50 voucher. That in addition to the fact that I already have all the stuff I want from the Rewards section anyway. Just in time for all my points to disappear in July. Cool!!! :):):).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

sublunar

05 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
05 Mar 2019
Just in time for all my points to disappear in July. Cool!!! :):):).
Yep. My points expired before anything showed up that I wanted in the rewards section. I think it's really lame that they put an expiration on them. I'm a long time loyal customer.

RandyEspoda

05 Mar 2019

I have 25, but haven't really cared for them from the start because it said they would expire after a period,
and I simply do not buy that much. If they expire then so be it.

I do find it counter-intuitive to provide us with a 'reward' system that in the end punishes more than it rewards.
I can feel some out there that do buy a lot, but aren't really being rewarded in the sense that they are forced to buy even more
within a certain period of time...just doesn't feel right. Perhaps props should reconsider it or adapt it into something more
agreeable for the customer.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Mar 2019

I’ve got 80. Useless.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

reddust

06 Mar 2019

sublunar wrote:
05 Mar 2019
MrFigg wrote:
05 Mar 2019
Just in time for all my points to disappear in July. Cool!!! :):):).
Yep. My points expired before anything showed up that I wanted in the rewards section. I think it's really lame that they put an expiration on them. I'm a long time loyal customer.
Totally agree, I did activate 25 points as a voucher recently, thinking I could use this on any product int PHs shop just to find out that there is only a pretty short list of products available for rewards discount.
So I got 6 weeks to see if something interesting or at least not so pricey comes into this list or I can say goodbye to my reward points. Pretty useless

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Mar 2019

Would even be better if you could combine your vouchers.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Arrant
Competition Winner

07 Mar 2019

Until we can use our reward points to actually buy something (without paying extra) they are not worth the name in my opinion.
Sitting pretty on 80 or so points but not sure I will get to use them before they expire. Sad.

Reasonable man

07 Mar 2019

Do £9 re's not get you anywhere with reward points?
I'm sitting on a shitty 46 points hoping to creep up to 50 . Either it takes time to update points or £9 re's just dont count

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Mar 2019

Reasonable man wrote:
07 Mar 2019
Do £9 re's not get you anywhere with reward points?
I'm sitting on a shitty 46 points hoping to creep up to 50 . Either it takes time to update points or £9 re's just dont count
Nope. €15. Buy two at €9 and you get 1 point.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Reasonable man

07 Mar 2019

ah

two shoes

07 Mar 2019

I feel like they came up with rewards (which is about rewarding Propellerhead by creating an incentive for customers who spend a lot in the shop to spend even more and NOT about rewarding customers let's just be honest). If you could redeem points for vouchers to actually purchase entire items THAT would be a real system that actually rewarded loyal customers - instead it's just a discount limited to 50% which is basically the true price of everything in the shop anyways unless you buy stuff that isn't on sale like an idiot.

I feel like when the "rewards" system didn't generate the type of additional revenue they were hoping for they tried again and came up with the "rent-to-own" system - you can tell which one is working by the amount of stuff they've added to the rent-to-own thing versus the abandoned rewards shop. I fully expect them to quietly announce in a blog post or something that the rewards system has been cancelled any day now.

reddust

08 Mar 2019

two shoes wrote:
07 Mar 2019
I feel like they came up with rewards (which is about rewarding Propellerhead by creating an incentive for customers who spend a lot in the shop to spend even more and NOT about rewarding customers let's just be honest). If you could redeem points for vouchers to actually purchase entire items THAT would be a real system that actually rewarded loyal customers - instead it's just a discount limited to 50% which is basically the true price of everything in the shop anyways unless you buy stuff that isn't on sale like an idiot.

I feel like when the "rewards" system didn't generate the type of additional revenue they were hoping for they tried again and came up with the "rent-to-own" system - you can tell which one is working by the amount of stuff they've added to the rent-to-own thing versus the abandoned rewards shop. I fully expect them to quietly announce in a blog post or something that the rewards system has been cancelled any day now.
Totally agree with this. I have the impression that currently a lot of financial experts in many businesses are treating their customers like idiots, not just things like this in the propellerhead shop, but every mobile app trying to get customers in a subscription plan, game enterprises doing very little work but hoping for a lot of money coming from microtransactions... they're just showing their greedy faces without hiding them at least in an acceptable product. Sorry for the off topic but it's something I'm seeing almost everyday on different situations and platforms and I think people like that are actually damaging the image of the enterprises they represent.

I chose Reason because they were and partly still are pretty fair, I've had some good responses from them even concerning money matters, but this kind of greedy tactics aren't welcome and also not good for the image of the business. I hope enterprises start to think twice before doing things like this in the future.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Mar 2019

reddust wrote:
08 Mar 2019
I've had some good responses from them even concerning money matters, but this kind of greedy tactics aren't welcome and also not good for the image of the business. I hope enterprises start to think twice before doing things like this in the future.
I don’t think they’re necessarily being greedy. They introduced the Rewards, they’re not taking any extra money for it and you get the chance to get some money off some stuff.
I do however agree with the majority of the people on this forum that it doesn’t reward anyone. Sure...use your voucher to buy an RE or wait for a month and get it in the sale for the same price and keep your voucher. Being able to combine two €50 vouchers in order to get something for “free” would have been much fairer in my opinion but there you go. That would have actually made saving points worthwhile. So yeah...the whole thing doesn’t seem so well thought through but nobody has lost anything out of it.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

reddust

08 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
08 Mar 2019
I don’t think they’re necessarily being greedy. They introduced the Rewards, they’re not taking any extra money for it and you get the chance to get some money off some stuff.
I do however agree with the majority of the people on this forum that it doesn’t reward anyone. Sure...use your voucher to buy an RE or wait for a month and get it in the sale for the same price and keep your voucher. Being able to combine two €50 vouchers in order to get something for “free” would have been much fairer in my opinion but there you go. That would have actually made saving points worthwhile. So yeah...the whole thing doesn’t seem so well thought through but nobody has lost anything out of it.
Yeah, I never meant Propellerheads in general to be greedy but the financial experts working for enterprises like them nowadays. Their optimization tactics sometimes give useless results like this because they think greedy and forget about the customer, not the whole enterprise.

These PH rewards have a lot of limitations that make them pretty useless, like the very short list of (mostly expensive) items you can apply reward vouchers to, the time limit, the discount percentage limit on the total price... at the end of the day it is very little what you can do with these reward points. And those limitations come from people who think greedy, they actually don't want to reward the customer at all but get him buying more stuff by using a bait.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Mar 2019

Well I reckon it’s pretty sure bet that we’re not going to see much more added to the Rewards store. You never know...but well.
Times ticking in the points and, having already bought most of the stuff previously , the only two REs I am even slightly interested in are Torsion (got everything else by Lectric Panda) and Super Audio Cart. Two very different machines I know.
Anyway...whatcha think? I could use either one of them...even if I don’t need them. More for fun really. Thing is I can’t make up my mind if I should just forget the points instead and move on with my life.
I know it’s only me who can make the decision at the end of the day..but what would you do?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

15 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
15 Mar 2019
Well I reckon it’s pretty sure bet that we’re not going to see much more added to the Rewards store. You never know...but well.
Times ticking in the points and, having already bought most of the stuff previously , the only two REs I am even slightly interested in are Torsion (got everything else by Lectric Panda) and Super Audio Cart. Two very different machines I know.
Anyway...whatcha think? I could use either one of them...even if I don’t need them. More for fun really. Thing is I can’t make up my mind if I should just forget the points instead and move on with my life.
I know it’s only me who can make the decision at the end of the day..but what would you do?
Do you need those toys? You have time to pay with them?
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
15 Mar 2019
MrFigg wrote:
15 Mar 2019
Nope. Don’t need ‘em in the slightest. Sure...I have time but I’ve got a million other toys to play with.
Guess that pretty much answers my question for me :).
Except that... :)

Actually...now that I think about it, the question was what would you do? Not what should I do? :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

15 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
15 Mar 2019
Loque wrote:
15 Mar 2019

Nope. Don’t need ‘em in the slightest. Sure...I have time but I’ve got a million other toys to play with.

Actually...now that I think about it, the question was what would you do? Not what should I do? :)
I have Torsion and don't want Audio Cart.
Reason12, Win10

guitfnky

15 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
15 Mar 2019
MrFigg wrote:
15 Mar 2019

he was asking for opinions on them, not asking whether you have/want them. :lol:
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Loque

15 Mar 2019

guitfnky wrote:
15 Mar 2019
Loque wrote:
15 Mar 2019

he was asking for opinions on them, not asking whether you have/want them. :lol:
I guess I gave the answer.
Reason12, Win10

guitfnky

15 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
15 Mar 2019
guitfnky wrote:
15 Mar 2019

I guess I gave the answer.
well, if that’s an answer, it’s not a very good one. I own a lamp that cost me $2. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone else, but I have it. and I don’t want a Ferrari, but I’d imagine it’s a pretty nice ride. 😆

but fair enough. you do you. 🙃
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

sleep1979

19 Mar 2019

reddust wrote:
08 Mar 2019
MrFigg wrote:
08 Mar 2019
Yeah, I never meant Propellerheads in general to be greedy but the financial experts working for enterprises like them nowadays. Their optimization tactics sometimes give useless results like this because they think greedy and forget about the customer, not the whole enterprise.

These PH rewards have a lot of limitations that make them pretty useless, like the very short list of (mostly expensive) items you can apply reward vouchers to, the time limit, the discount percentage limit on the total price... at the end of the day it is very little what you can do with these reward points. And those limitations come from people who think greedy, they actually don't want to reward the customer at all but get him buying more stuff by using a bait.
Its a bit annoying when u like something / like a company , the more small independent they are( less money they make ) the more there willing to do you a deal talk to you give you support.
And the more big they become , the less willing to reward the individuals and please they become and more about making more money they become .

its like a date you have to really impress the woman at first but once shes proper into you , u can chill out a bit and you dont put as much effort in ( but this cAn backfire take note big companies as she could leave you for another man that would treat her better u get me )

If i had to go into a shop and deal with these people in real life , i would avoid the shopkeepers who didnt give me a smile and a good deal ,

Companys should realise yes its a love affair but it can end , romantic weekends should be encouraged to bring the spark back , and whats wrong with a little gift every now and then something to show you care it keeps a woman ( ehh man i mean interested 😂
Basically im saying rewards suck ,reward people with better stuff and they will be inclined to spend more , i have 22 reward points there gonna dissapear u have to spend like over £90 to even get some decent rewards and i just dont spend that much rarely if ever cheers

reddust

19 Mar 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
19 Mar 2019
Its a bit annoying when u like something / like a company , the more small independent they are( less money they make ) the more there willing to do you a deal talk to you give you support.
And the more big they become , the less willing to reward the individuals and please they become and more about making more money they become .

its like a date you have to really impress the woman at first but once shes proper into you , u can chill out a bit and you dont put as much effort in ( but this cAn backfire take note big companies as she could leave you for another man that would treat her better u get me )

If i had to go into a shop and deal with these people in real life , i would avoid the shopkeepers who didnt give me a smile and a good deal ,

Companys should realise yes its a love affair but it can end , romantic weekends should be encouraged to bring the spark back , and whats wrong with a little gift every now and then something to show you care it keeps a woman ( ehh man i mean interested 😂
Basically im saying rewards suck ,reward people with better stuff and they will be inclined to spend more , i have 22 reward points there gonna dissapear u have to spend like over £90 to even get some decent rewards and i just dont spend that much rarely if ever cheers
Yes, I totally see it like that too. Companies shouldn't forget that sells are a deal between two parties, so both sides have to offer something interesting, customers offer money and companies offer a product, but sometimes they get lazy indeed and want to maximize wins by little effort. The point is that customers aren't silly and notice that, and as you said, they can end up taking the decision to go for a new "lover".

I'm a regular gamer and game companies are currently a very clear example of how companies are treating their customers as if they were stupid by offering very little innovation or changes in a given product but charging customers with a lot of micro transactions. Same goes for mobile apps that are switching their purchase models from one time purchase to subscriptions when their products aren't always suitable for a subscription model from the customer point of view.

I think Propellerheads is still making pretty decent and interesting offers in general but the rewards system is pointless for me too, the offer is very limited and all products are very expensive, which wouldn't be that bad if at least there weren't a time limit on these points, but not like it is now.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2019

Just checked and I’ve got 80 points.
Sigh!!!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information