Reverse Effect RE Request

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
antic604

06 Mar 2019

"my dude"
"hella dope"
"brrruhh"
"shitty ass lame ass useless ass REs"

Feels like I'm in a Spike Lee movie or something :D

owlymane

06 Mar 2019

EdGrip wrote:
06 Mar 2019
You can use one instance of TimeShaper without buying a license, it's really fun to play with.
Its tape stop looks MUCH more flexible than Kilohearts'! And it has a Scratch module?!! Say no more IM SOLD BABY

owlymane

06 Mar 2019

antic604 wrote:
06 Mar 2019
"my dude"
"hella dope"
"brrruhh"

hahahahaha

owlymane

06 Mar 2019

antic604 wrote:
06 Mar 2019
"my dude"
"hella dope"
"brrruhh"

That's the spirit bro :) No need to call me rude or whatever, It's all love ma G

mcatalao
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2019

Hey what about Peff Buffre Beat Repeater? It has a reverse mode and i think it can reverse a single hit.

The thing is that if you have a hit with multiple stuff it will reverse everything. But most drums in reason allow you to process them outside the device.

There's also an interesting idea i had if you want EVEN more control for example reverse EVERY single drum hit you want.
Following the idea of multiple devices, you could create 2 versions of a redrum (or any other device) and put them on a a Keyswitching combinator (you can search for keyswitching devices on the factory bank where they use thor to keyswithch).

Reasonable man

06 Mar 2019

Murder rythmn cutter is great on drums for the chop (reverse ,repitch,repeat) thing that umpf club drums does but agree that timeshaper probably has more algorithmns for just reverse

rootwheel

23 Nov 2021

EdGrip wrote:
06 Mar 2019
It might sound ambiguous af lmao
This has my vote for being one of the all-time best posts on ReasonTalk. dope af fam lmao bro

artotaku

23 Nov 2021

On topic: We now have Mimic that can reverse a sample *AND* it is remotable (automatable as well?). Very first device in Reason that allows this.

Loque

23 Nov 2021

artotaku wrote:
23 Nov 2021
On topic: We now have Mimic that can reverse a sample *AND* it is remotable (automatable as well?). Very first device in Reason that allows this.
Well, not really. RV700MKII can reverse a sound and with Grain you can play a sample from end to start or vice versa.

With Europa you can "scroll" through a sample in both directions.
Reason12, Win10

rootwheel

23 Nov 2021

Loque wrote:
23 Nov 2021
artotaku wrote:
23 Nov 2021
Well, not really. RV700MKII can reverse a sound and with Grain you can play a sample from end to start or vice versa.

NN-XT has a reverse playback mode per sample also.

I found this thread after searching to see what options were available for reverse delay Effects. In the end I've realised I can get the sound I want using Sonic Charge's Permut8. What an amazing plugin it is :)

challism

23 Nov 2021

rootwheel wrote:
23 Nov 2021
EdGrip wrote:
06 Mar 2019
It might sound ambiguous af lmao
This has my vote for being one of the all-time best posts on ReasonTalk. dope af fam lmao bro
Just reading this thread now. I don't remember seeing it back then. Kind of cringy, huh? Maybe I blocked it from my memory. Yikes!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

artotaku

24 Nov 2021

Loque wrote:
23 Nov 2021
artotaku wrote:
23 Nov 2021

Ah, sorry, I think I was not clear enough with my post. I meant sampler devices where you can load user samples and you can remote map the reverse button. There are sampler devices like NNXT, Kong and the Umpfes where reversing the sample is possible but it is not remote mappable.
But I have to check Grain and Europa again it might be possible to remote map the reverse function.

Loque

24 Nov 2021

artotaku wrote:
24 Nov 2021
Loque wrote:
23 Nov 2021

Ah, sorry, I think I was not clear enough with my post. I meant sampler devices where you can load user samples and you can remote map the reverse button. There are sampler devices like NNXT, Kong and the Umpfes where reversing the sample is possible but it is not remote mappable.
But I have to check Grain and Europa again it might be possible to remote map the reverse function.
In Europa and Grain should it be remoteable.

I never understood why the old samplers didnt had this feature and it was quite often requested. Also to change the loop points.
Reason12, Win10

artotaku

24 Nov 2021

Loque wrote:
24 Nov 2021
artotaku wrote:
24 Nov 2021

In Europa and Grain should it be remoteable.

I never understood why the old samplers didnt had this feature and it was quite often requested. Also to change the loop points.
This got me interested, so I first checked Grain. It is doable... sort of. To just switch reversal of a sample on the fly with a MIDI controller button you have to set Algorithm to Tape and One Shot and then set start and stop position to an inverted position. Since you have two properties to change best is to put Grain in a combinator and assign a one combi switch to both start and end postion. Then remote map to the combi switch.
Alternatively, you can assign the Grain mod wheel to start and end position in the mod matrix and remote map the mod wheel. Or I missed something obvious.

Europa on the other hand I don´t understand how to just play a user sample unmodified. It is converted into grains and you can cycle through it but it never sounds as the original even if the wave knob is modulated by a envelope ramp.

So in the end, Mimic is the easiest to change reverse play on/off from MIDI controller.

• Information