Reverse Effect RE Request

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
owlymane

06 Mar 2019

Hi Devs,

I'd love an RE that is able to do the effect of Reverse (and not Reverse Delay) like shown in the vid:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2019

🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

owlymane

06 Mar 2019

Dude read lmao, this is a Reverse Delay, which is exactly what I don't want haha. Don't worry I have a ton of REs and search for REs practically every week :D

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2019

owlymane wrote:
06 Mar 2019
Dude read lmao, this is a Reverse Delay, which is exactly what I don't want haha. Don't worry I have a ton of REs and search for REs practically every week :D
Does reverse pretty well. Turn the delay down to zero. Then you don’t have delay :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

owlymane

06 Mar 2019

I have this RE Ima try that rn and get back to you.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2019

owlymane wrote:
06 Mar 2019
I have this RE Ima try that rn and get back to you.
Record your part then turn the mix up full. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

owlymane

06 Mar 2019

OK so Reverse doesn't work when Delay is set to 0. And even when Mix is set to 100%, the reverse effect it gives sounds ambiguous af lmao. All I'm asking for is a simple Reverse RE, just like shown in the video.

owlymane

06 Mar 2019

Yeah tried putting the Mix to 100% it sounds so weird bro lmao

owlymane

06 Mar 2019

Even Sync mode on and tried all variables, it's just ambiguous. Like why so complicated for a simple task lmao

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2019

Ha ha. Render to audio, right click and reverse maybe? :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

06 Mar 2019

RV7000 can do this. I use most of the time the Kilohearts stuff for such tasks.
Reason12, Win10

owlymane

06 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
06 Mar 2019
That's what I always do fam :D But the thang is I'd love me some reverse on Redrum (reversing the Kick Drum for example sometimes during the track for special FX) and that's why I'd love me some simple, basic, Reverse RE :D

owlymane

06 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
06 Mar 2019
RV7000 can do this. I use most of the time the Kilohearts stuff for such tasks.
Oh for real ? Damn Ima try this rn. Yeah I have all KHS REs they're pretty solid ngl but their Reverser is not my personal fav.

antic604

06 Mar 2019

owlymane wrote:
06 Mar 2019
You're pretty rude towards people who try to help you. You won't get far with that attitude...

Loque

06 Mar 2019

antic604 wrote:
06 Mar 2019
owlymane wrote:
06 Mar 2019
You're pretty rude towards people who try to help you. You won't get far with that attitude...
Agree.
Reason12, Win10

mcatalao
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2019

owlymane wrote:
MrFigg wrote:
06 Mar 2019
That's what I always do fam :D But the thang is I'd love me some reverse on Redrum (reversing the Kick Drum for example sometimes during the track for special FX) and that's why I'd love me some simple, basic, Reverse RE :D
Just load the same redrum or the same sample to a pad you don't use and reverse the sample on the sample editor.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

owlymane

06 Mar 2019

mcatalao wrote:
06 Mar 2019
owlymane wrote:
Just load the same redrum or the same sample to a pad you don't use and reverse the sample on the sample editor.

That's actually a great idea! It's just annoying that you have to anticipate what to reverse. Sometimes it's nice to make trials and errors, like for example have you heard of Looperator ? This VST is incredible when it comes to making some slick FX (tape stop. reverse, etc..) I often put it on my redrum and experiment with some crazy reverses.
I'd just love an RE that does that simply :)

artotaku

06 Mar 2019

mcatalao wrote:
06 Mar 2019
owlymane wrote:

If the OP is not tied to Redrum he could skip the reverse sampling in the sample editor by using a Kong. The Nano-XT module has a reverse checkbox to reverse the sample. Unfortunately you also need to copy the sample to new pad if you want to keep the non-reversed as well. And it is not automatable.

owlymane

06 Mar 2019

artotaku wrote:
06 Mar 2019
mcatalao wrote:
06 Mar 2019

If the OP is not tied to Redrum he could skip the reverse sampling in the sample editor by using a Kong. The Nano-XT module has a reverse checkbox to reverse the sample. Unfortunately you also need to copy the sample to new pad if you want to keep the non-reversed as well. And it is not automatable.
EXACTLY bro this is what's killing me! How awesome would it be to have an RE specifically for that task :) And when you think about it, it's really not that hard to do. Imho some very basic/simple effects yet effective are what lacks in the rack. I mean it's reverse for God's sake :D check at 0:09 of this song:

Yes I know this can be done in Reason, no doubt but I personally know this producer, he used this effect with one button on FL :D

artotaku

06 Mar 2019

owlymane wrote:
06 Mar 2019
artotaku wrote:
06 Mar 2019

EXACTLY bro this is what's killing me! How awesome would it be to have an RE specifically for that task :) And when you think about it, it's really not that hard to do. Imho some very basic/simple effects yet effective are what lacks in the rack. I mean it's reverse for God's sake :D check at 0:09 of this song:

Yes I know this can be done in Reason, no doubt but I personally know this producer, he used this effect with one button on FL :D
Making the reverse checkbox automatable would solve the problem. I also don´t understand why they didn´t in Kong. Also with the new Umpf Drum sampler it also has a reverse function and also not automatable :-(

owlymane

06 Mar 2019

artotaku wrote:
06 Mar 2019
owlymane wrote:
06 Mar 2019

Making the reverse checkbox automatable would solve the problem. I also don´t understand why they didn´t in Kong. Also with the new Umpf Drum sampler it also has a reverse function and also not automatable :-(
I feel you bro :( Like seriously I totally feel the frustration here...I'm as frustrated like bro people using FL be asking me why I'm still on Reason. And it kiiills me lmaoo because I remember the good old days when Reason was shitting on FL. But I'm crossing fingers for the next release.

EdGrip

06 Mar 2019

You can do this and lots more with Cableguys Timeshaper VST my dude lmao. https://www.cableguys.com/timeshaper.html
Remember tho that any reverser effect has to first listen to the sound you want it to reverse, and then play back the sound bsckwards lmao. So delay is inherent in the process bro. So for instance, those kicks you want to reverse at random will always be way behind the beat unless you reverse the sample like mcatalao described lmao.

The Glitch RE has a reverse module, maybe it would do what you need it to? https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... ch-effect/
It might sound ambiguous af lmao

owlymane

06 Mar 2019

EdGrip wrote:
06 Mar 2019
You can do this and lots more with Cableguys Timeshaper VST my dude lmao. https://www.cableguys.com/timeshaper.html
Remember tho that any reverser effect has to first listen to the sound you want it to reverse, and then play back the sound bsckwards lmao. So delay is inherent in the process bro. So for instance, those kicks you want to reverse at random will always be way behind the beat unless you reverse the sample like mcatalao described lmao.

The Glitch RE has a reverse module, maybe it would do what you need it to? https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... ch-effect/
It might sound ambiguous af lmao
Thx for your input mane :) Yeeess I loove the Glitch RE, prolly one of my fav, tbh never used its reverse module :roll: , more its stutter (which is HELLA dope) Ima check out the reverse thx for the tip <3

Brrruhh...TimeShaper VST looks dope affffff Ima try this A freakin SAP but see why isn't there an RE like this?!! lmao like why I don't get it why all these shitty ass lame ass useless ass REs instead of serious stuff like this!

owlymane

06 Mar 2019

Edgrip! Case closed Glitch did the job fantastically well :thumbs_up: Sometimes it's just in front of your eyes :lol: Thx for the tip G and thx for the rest of yall for your time <3

EdGrip

06 Mar 2019

You can use one instance of TimeShaper without buying a license, it's really fun to play with.

• Information