Rob papen predator

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
sleep1979

05 Mar 2019

Trying it out seems cool whats your views is it one of the best synths in the shop ?

challism

06 Mar 2019

It's an oldie, but a goodie, as they say. Very versatile and it comes with like 3000 presets or something crazy. Definitely one of the best synths in the shop, yeah. Some people don't like it because the knobs are so small, but that's not a problem if you hit Windows key and + button. It's a very solid synth and it sounds great.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

antic604

06 Mar 2019

I wonder why it was never updated to match Predator 2 VST?

sleep1979

06 Mar 2019

antic604 wrote: ↑
06 Mar 2019
Was it not ? I hit buy on one month rent to own so hope it will be

sleep1979

06 Mar 2019

challism wrote: ↑
06 Mar 2019
It's an oldie, but a goodie, as they say. Very versatile and it comes with like 3000 presets or something crazy. Definitely one of the best synths in the shop, yeah. Some people don't like it because the knobs are so small, but that's not a problem if you hit Windows key and + button. It's a very solid synth and it sounds great.
Does i been trying all the synths in the shop out and predator and antidote sound the sweetest to me but i plumped a rent to own for predator as it wil take less time to pay πŸ™‚

sleep1979

06 Mar 2019

06 Mar 2019
Are u sure the version number aint different coz its an re?

antic604

06 Mar 2019

sleep1979 wrote: ↑
06 Mar 2019
06 Mar 2019
Are u sure the version number aint different coz its an re?
No. Predator 2 was released 2.5 years ago and the RE wasn't updated to match added features (or perhaps it's a mix of v1 and v2 features?):
https://www.soundonsound.com/news/rob-p ... predator-2

dusan.cani

06 Mar 2019

06 Mar 2019
It won't be. Rob said that the Predator 2 does not fit into the reason rack format. But some features of the Predator 2 are implemented in the Go2 synth - for example osc morphing.

sleep1979

06 Mar 2019

dusan.cani wrote: ↑
06 Mar 2019
06 Mar 2019
It won't be. Rob said that the Predator 2 does not fit into the reason rack format. But some features of the Predator 2 are implemented in the Go2 synth - for example osc morphing.
Wow i didnt know that if its only a version one why isnt it cheaper then hmmm where did he say this ?

dusan.cani

06 Mar 2019

06 Mar 2019
Wow i didnt know that if its only a version one why isnt it cheaper then hmmm where did he say this ?
In comments of the youtube video

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2019

If you’ve already got any RP products then look at the deals in the eXplorer 5 VST bundle. Great value.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

sleep1979

06 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote: ↑
06 Mar 2019
If you’ve already got any RP products then look at the deals in the eXplorer 5 VST bundle. Great value.
Nah im renting to own this i already have maia and europa and thor i dont need any more synths tbh , so anyway im not too much botherd about the rack being different to version 2 ( still sounds amazing )as long as they update it in some form

antic604

06 Mar 2019

06 Mar 2019
BTW, that also includes REs - for example I have Go2 in both formats and that counts as 2 Rob Papen products, making me eligible for Xplorer 5 at EUR199, which looks like a pretty damn great deal :)

SynthRatings

06 Mar 2019

05 Mar 2019
Trying it out seems cool whats your views is it one of the best synths in the shop ?
Yes, I'd say it's pretty much a must-have if you like RE synths.
It's versatile, and has an enormous preset library as well as a very flexible effects section which you can route any audio into.
Predator RE is also arguably better than the original Predator VST (which you can't buy separately anymore in any case) because it was a updated quite a while after release with a significantly improved reverb algorithm.
I publish ratings of VST and RE instruments on a dedicated YouTube channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/c/SynthRatings

sleep1979

06 Mar 2019

06 Mar 2019
06 Mar 2019
BTW, that also includes REs - for example I have Go2 in both formats and that counts as 2 Rob Papen products, making me eligible for Xplorer 5 at EUR199, which looks like a pretty damn great deal :)
Thanks man but im not really interested in vsts any more πŸ™‚

sleep1979

06 Mar 2019

SynthRatings wrote: ↑
06 Mar 2019
05 Mar 2019
Yes, I'd say it's pretty much a must-have if you like RE synths.
It's versatile, and has an enormous preset library as well as a very flexible effects section which you can route any audio into.
Predator RE is also arguably better than the original Predator VST (which you can't buy separately anymore in any case) because it was a updated quite a while after release with a significantly improved reverb algorithm.
Im renting to own it

antic604

06 Mar 2019

06 Mar 2019
06 Mar 2019

It was a PSA. You're not the only one reading those posts :)

sleep1979

06 Mar 2019

06 Mar 2019
06 Mar 2019

It was a PSA. You're not the only one reading those posts :)
I know πŸ™‚

mcatalao
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2019

I love RP stuff. But if you don't have any synth of them, you would be better off buying Synth Rig. For the price of 2 synths, you get a MASSIVE amount of stuff, and the new rig 3 includes Antidote, Quad, Predator, Spire Re, Nostromo and Expanse. If i was in your shoes, with not many synths, i'd cancel that and wait for some sales. Even without a sales, you get 14 synths for the price of 3!

mcatalao
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2019

PS.: I bought Rig 1 at a discount price, so i believe Propellerheads will do some sale with it. Usually sales are in May, August, Black Friday and December (Christmas).

dezma

07 Mar 2019

06 Mar 2019
06 Mar 2019
Thx for this, I purchased explorer 5 with crossgrade discount this weekend. Some very nice synths in there. Also, afik some functionality is still missing in RE, such as sample import in punchBD.

sleep1979

07 Mar 2019

mcatalao wrote: ↑
06 Mar 2019
I love RP stuff. But if you don't have any synth of them, you would be better off buying Synth Rig. For the price of 2 synths, you get a MASSIVE amount of stuff, and the new rig 3 includes Antidote, Quad, Predator, Spire Re, Nostromo and Expanse. If i was in your shoes, with not many synths, i'd cancel that and wait for some sales. Even without a sales, you get 14 synths for the price of 3!
Thanks anyway man ( if your talking to me ) i do not want 14 synths id get too diatracted lol πŸ˜‚.
i have reason intro so only have europa thor and subtractor plus samplers and drun machines apart from grain, ( i also have reason drum kits re and the bass refill) i dont really use thor subtractor hardly at all .

Europa i do use but i just wanted one really great synth that i could learn through and through and i think this could be it as im not overly keen on the sound of europa

i would have gone for antidote if it was Β£89 but id rather pay off as i have two kids and both there birthdays are coming up , so no more toys for me apart from paying off for this ,
and then maybe in black friday ill upgrade to reason hopefully for Β£169 or cheaper then ill be compete .
thanks guys for your input πŸ™‚ predator re for me it is πŸ™‚just have to get some vids and learn the shit out of it now πŸ™‚

mcatalao
Competition Winner

08 Mar 2019

Rigs are on Sale!

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/bro ... mat=bundle

The Synth bundle is now 129 eur.

eXode

08 Mar 2019

06 Mar 2019
Antidote was removed from Rig 3, it was in Rig 2 though, iirc.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

13 Mar 2019

eXode wrote: ↑
08 Mar 2019
06 Mar 2019
Antidote was removed from Rig 3, it was in Rig 2 though, iirc.
Hey eXode, your patches that comes with RP Quad are fantastic. Do you have more Quad patches to share/sell somewhere?
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

• Information