KRON CV Toolbox version 1.2 in the shop (new features and on sale)!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Re8et
Competition Winner

11 Feb 2019

starship wrote:
05 Nov 2018
On sale for a week, and it's a free upgrade.
https://shop.propellerheads.com/rack-extension/kron/

There's a full feature list on the shop page but basically it adds some SDK 2.5 features:

submenus for combined mod displays with thor-like amount "knobs" and menus to clear mods,
random generation custom waveform tools,
modifier keys for the custom waveforms,
sample and hold sources,
more grid sources,
curve shape menus and other front panel sources have submenus too,
some GUI tweaks and other stuff,

Hi there, is it possible to add a logic section, with and, pitch, peak, subtract, etc, like we find inside complex-1 and truth, later, modules, that could accept audio cv signals??
I understand this is going to be hell for the GUI, to go after what complex-1 has proven possible, but this would revolutionize Kron into a truly massive Swiss army knife.

Transform all cv's to accept audio (multipurpose) Is it even possible? (and add the logic functions?) Tnx.

Loque

11 Feb 2019

Re8et wrote:
11 Feb 2019
starship wrote:
05 Nov 2018
On sale for a week, and it's a free upgrade.
https://shop.propellerheads.com/rack-extension/kron/

There's a full feature list on the shop page but basically it adds some SDK 2.5 features:

submenus for combined mod displays with thor-like amount "knobs" and menus to clear mods,
random generation custom waveform tools,
modifier keys for the custom waveforms,
sample and hold sources,
more grid sources,
curve shape menus and other front panel sources have submenus too,
some GUI tweaks and other stuff,

Hi there, is it possible to add a logic section, with and, pitch, peak, subtract, etc, like we find inside complex-1 and truth, later, modules, that could accept audio cv signals??
I understand this is going to be hell for the GUI, to go after what complex-1 has proven possible, but this would revolutionize Kron into a truly massive Swiss army knife.

Transform all cv's to accept audio (multipurpose) Is it even possible? (and add the logic functions?) Tnx.
Just a simple scriptable RE would be enough for me.
Reason12, Win10

diminished
Competition Winner

11 Feb 2019

Holy crap, I'm afraid of even looking at this RE. Can't help but wonder, how many Starfleet vessels at once can you control with this thing?
Carry on, beautiful people, doing beautiful stuff with beautiful tools. Seriously.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

starship
RE Developer

12 Feb 2019

Re8et wrote:
11 Feb 2019

Hmm... I can't really add any more to it b/c I maxed out its properties. There's a few props I could reuse that are idle, so I can add an option or two... :)

It can add, subtract, and multiply, but logic-wise, it can't do and, or, etc.

And audio-wise, no. I almost did that at one point, but now it's not possible, and this code wouldn't scale well anyway. Which is why I didn't end up doing it. And honestly, the max properties thing caught me by surprise. :) I wasn't counting everything and thought I had tons of room for expansion, but nope!

starship
RE Developer

12 Feb 2019

diminished wrote:
11 Feb 2019
Holy crap, I'm afraid of even looking at this RE. Can't help but wonder, how many Starfleet vessels at once can you control with this thing?
Carry on, beautiful people, doing beautiful stuff with beautiful tools. Seriously.
lol :)

starship
RE Developer

12 Feb 2019

Loque wrote:
11 Feb 2019
Can you elaborate?

Loque

12 Feb 2019

starship wrote:
12 Feb 2019
Loque wrote:
11 Feb 2019
Can you elaborate?
Something like this: https://socalabs.com/developer-tools/maths/

Serum has a scriptable oscilator which is pretty interesting.

With some math and some simple scripting with at least store a state (variables, data) and use a block of sample data instead only the actual sample, you can do pretty cool stuff.

e.g to invert the phase just do "audio*(-1)" and things like this. Just check out this thread, where i showed a few simple examples: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=7507468

I did phase rotation, distortion, fm, am, rm, wave folding and more with some easy formulas. I even created an oscilator with it.

But you should be aware, that JP said, it is not allowed to do such things in RE world: viewtopic.php?p=431912#p431912
Reason12, Win10

starship
RE Developer

12 Feb 2019

Loque wrote:
12 Feb 2019
But you should be aware, that JP said, it is not allowed to do such things in RE world: viewtopic.php?p=431912#p431912
That's what I figured. :)

ejanuska

12 Feb 2019

KRON is cool.
Hang in there Alien Seed Starship dude.

starship
RE Developer

13 Feb 2019

ejanuska wrote:
12 Feb 2019
KRON is cool.
Hang in there Alien Seed Starship dude.
Thanks! :)

Re8et
Competition Winner

27 Feb 2019

Does anybody knows hot to get Sample and hold with the new Kron version???
I'm stuck...

here's a quick video showing my testing.

Reasonable man

28 Feb 2019

Interested in this too, although i'm not sure if sample and hold is a necessary part of krons make up.
I put together this combi . Admittedly its not very good . Maybe you can improve on it.

The problem with it is the mod matrix entries are basically redundant. I'M feeding kron a matrix gate and the s/h imputs a matrix curve. I have the kron grid feeding Europa's gate but if im honest it all feels unessary as i think this could be achieved by just sticking a matrix curve straight into Europa's cv freq!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d33gmxezsyzxh ... eason?dl=0

Reasonable man

28 Feb 2019

Yea i tried it there again but you may have to press recieve notes in the combi for europa to get it working ...which kinda defats the purpose

starship
RE Developer

01 Mar 2019

Hmm.. Could have sworn I posted a reply here but it's not showing up.

The sample and hold sources only convert e.g. matrix gates into something more like matrix curves. If the source drops to 0, the sample and hold version doesn't drop to 0.

The quantizer section is also kinda "sample and hold." You can drive it with gates or let it oscillate, and then freeze (or smooth) some other input coming in on the LFOs or Grid using the quant channel knobs.

Everything with a gate type menu (quants, LFOs, grid) can trigger in different ways, e.g. doing an n-shot or n-hold or 1-shot. Honestly not sure how much this has to do with sample and hold, but that might help. *shrug*

Re8et
Competition Winner

01 Mar 2019

I tried it, but I'm not sure the trigger works, it seems that you are using only the grid functions to me.

I'v uploaded some combi in a new section under refill and patches, this time I think it works as intended

viewtopic.php?f=8&p=434244#p434244

Reasonable man

01 Mar 2019

Re8et wrote:
01 Mar 2019

I tried it, but I'm not sure the trigger works, it seems that you are using only the grid functions to me.

I'v uploaded some combi in a new section under refill and patches, this time I think it works as intended

viewtopic.php?f=8&p=434244#p434244
Yea . It was rushed . i'l have a gander at those cheers.
i'm starting to use it as my main pattern sequencer! Don't know why ..i think that it fills that gap between arp and sequence pattern in a unique way. Device is growing on me!

starship
RE Developer

02 Mar 2019

Reasonable man wrote:
01 Mar 2019
i'm starting to use it as my main pattern sequencer! Don't know why ..i think that it fills that gap between arp and sequence pattern in a unique way. Device is growing on me!
:)!

dvdrtldg

03 Mar 2019

I love Kron, but it's the one RE above all others that makes me wish we had scalable UIs. I'm usually OK with fiddly interfaces but this one gives me a nosebleed sometimes. It's worth the effort, and I get that the whole point of the device is that there's an amazing amount crammed into it. But being able to scale it up would make a huge difference in ease of use

boingy

03 Mar 2019

I don't get people who say it's a bit complicated. The thing is easily understood by spending a few minutes studying the one page quick start guide:

Loque

03 Mar 2019

boingy wrote:
03 Mar 2019
I don't get people who say it's a bit complicated. The thing is easily understood by spending a few minutes studying the one page quick start guide:

Thanks! That overview is what I missed. Now it's damn simple!
Reason12, Win10

starship
RE Developer

29 Apr 2019

The KRON is now rent-to-own! (Actually has been for a few days but I'm kinda lazy. :))

• Information