[Solved] Oberon - love it, but I have these issues...

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
dusan.cani

13 Feb 2019

Hi,

I am exploring Oberon synth in trial mode. Since I love its beautiful original sound I consider to buy it (together with Noxious).

But unfortunately, I am experiencing some major performance issues. I encountered two problems:

1) Sometimes when I change wave shape mod intensity, my system breaks down and "Computer too slow..." message pops up (but the DSP meter is at zero all time). I saved the patch where this situation occurs. Try load the "test1.repatch", it is attached with this post. Select Wave 1 and shape 2, then try to mess with mod1 intensity parameter (in the patch, "FM Auto" is set). After while the system is overloaded.

2) Another problem is when "Device error..." message pops out unexpectedly and the synth is immediately disabled. I also saved the patch where this happens. Try load "test2.repatch", it should cause this error.

I have pretty fast laptop, so there should not be any problem...I run on Win 7.

Have someone experienced similar issues with this awesome synth ?
Attachments
oberon-test-presets.zip
(8.89 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
oberon-error.PNG
oberon-error.PNG (34.54 KiB) Viewed 1441 times

Micha1973

14 Feb 2019

Reinstall Oberon. I think its a install Problem. I have no Problems ans i make full Track only with it. See here

Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

dusan.cani

14 Feb 2019

I have reinstalled the synth, but it has no effect :(

Did anyone tried my patches ? Do they cause the problems on other systems too ?

Loque

14 Feb 2019

dusan.cani wrote:
14 Feb 2019
I have reinstalled the synth, but it has no effect :(

Did anyone tried my patches ? Do they cause the problems on other systems too ?
I will try to check it out tomorrow.

You should contact the dev, especially if you have a very good repro test.
Reason12, Win10

dusan.cani

14 Feb 2019

OK, thank you Loque.

two shoes

14 Feb 2019

i was able to reproduce the second error but not the first one.

zvork

27 Feb 2019

dusan.cani wrote:
13 Feb 2019
Hi,

I am exploring Oberon synth in trial mode. Since I love its beautiful original sound I consider to buy it (together with Noxious).

But unfortunately, I am experiencing some major performance issues. I encountered two problems:

1) Sometimes when I change wave shape mod intensity, my system breaks down and "Computer too slow..." message pops up (but the DSP meter is at zero all time). I saved the patch where this situation occurs. Try load the "test1.repatch", it is attached with this post. Select Wave 1 and shape 2, then try to mess with mod1 intensity parameter (in the patch, "FM Auto" is set). After while the system is overloaded.

2) Another problem is when "Device error..." message pops out unexpectedly and the synth is immediately disabled. I also saved the patch where this happens. Try load "test2.repatch", it should cause this error.

I have pretty fast laptop, so there should not be any problem...I run on Win 7.

Have someone experienced similar issues with this awesome synth ?
Hi Dusan.cani. I just came accross your post and I'll try to reproduce your bugs with your patches and see what we can do.

dusan.cani

28 Feb 2019

zvork wrote:
27 Feb 2019
Hi Dusan.cani. I just came accross your post and I'll try to reproduce your bugs with your patches and see what we can do.
Micha1973 wrote:
14 Feb 2019
Reinstall Oberon. I think its a install Problem. I have no Problems ans i make full Track only with it. See here
Hi Zvork !

I am glad to see you here ;)

Fortunately, I have good news !

As the user Micha1973 suggested, the reinstall helped. Although that patches I made before still cause error, the synth works without any problems or issues since the reinstall. So I consider the problem as solved.

zvork

28 Feb 2019

dusan.cani wrote:
28 Feb 2019

Hi Zvork !

I am glad to see you here ;)

Fortunately, I have good news !

As the user Micha1973 suggested, the reinstall helped. Although that patches I made before still cause error, the synth works without any problems or issues since the reinstall. So I consider the problem as solved.
Cool! I'll double check though. Just in case there really was a bug.

Micha1973

28 Feb 2019

:!: and now it´s going?
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

• Information