music memos - holy shit is this amazing

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
WeLoveYouToo

25 Feb 2019

so while this isn’t specifically reason related... if reason mobile ever does get made, it will need to really step its game up because of an app i juat downloaded on ios called “music memos”.
i know it sounds innocuous.
but not since the first time i sat behind a pro tools console in college have i been this amazed by technology.

you can pick up an acoustic guitar, hit record, and upon playback, the app AUTOMATICALLY generates a bassline ad a drumline. it deciphers the chords you are playing in!

i know alot of people on here are anti-user friendly apps, and want complexity and microcontrol... but if you are writing on an ipad, then you are probably making a demo or tracking an idea, not recording a real take, and for that this is the most amazing recording method i have come accross in 20 years.

try it. it’s free.

26 Feb 2019

I know, eh! :D

I hope they continue to update it or bring the functionality into Garageband or Logic!

Why should I play to the computer? It should play to me!

WeLoveYouToo

06 Mar 2019

6502 wrote:
26 Feb 2019
I know, eh! :D

I hope they continue to update it or bring the functionality into Garageband or Logic!

Why should I play to the computer? It should play to me!
yeah, i think in a few years this kind of analytic software will really start become the norm... i first saw it in melodyne when it could show you piano and guitar chords and change individual notes IN the chord, so voice memos isn’t even the fanciest thing out there, but the full melodyne is damn 700 bucks.

• Information