Will lowering prices do the trick?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
bitley

25 Feb 2019

[ Aside from repeated suggestions on making huge changes and creating rack extensions instead, no thanks to more of that please, considering I worked a lot with making my refills & rack extensions would not improve these sounds, I hope it will be uplifting for you to know that as of today prices are down by as much as 50% on some titles! ]

Lower prices! Grab'em all!

Have a great week wherever u are & thanks in advance for all orders! There are direct links to all products and very fast download times.

If you have been thinking about getting one of the Fairlight refills - XXL is dirt cheap now and still amazing to use & compatible with Reason 4 and up. It would be cool with some love for Orlando JX10 as well, would love to hear what you would create with that. Likewise, it's compatible with Reason 4 and up.

Besides: Three free refills if you don't have any cash & just commenting in this thread or the others will help me greatly towards all future progress! Thank you all!

Kudos / Patrick

25 Feb 2019

Free refills?
How? :o r1

tt_lab

25 Feb 2019

Where can I find the update road for WBF? I haven't update to R2.

bitley

25 Feb 2019

Hi! Here you go. I don't have it up on the site but you should absolutely upgrade. :)

minilog

25 Feb 2019

bitley wrote:
25 Feb 2019
Will lowering prices do the trick?
Yes! Thanks. :)

Peter

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2019

Maybe. If I could see the prices without having to click on the buy now link which takes me to PayPal. Doesn’t really matter as I’ve already got the majority of them. The PX7 ones I haven’t bought yet as I don’t have PX7...but I no doubt will. Anyway, just a suggestion :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

minilog

25 Feb 2019

MrFigg wrote:
25 Feb 2019
Maybe. If I could see the prices without having to click on the buy now link which takes me to PayPal. Doesn’t really matter as I’ve already got the majority of them. The PX7 ones I haven’t bought yet as I don’t have PX7...but I no doubt will. Anyway, just a suggestion :).
I bought the PX7 Refill for $39. :thumbs_up:

bitley

25 Feb 2019

Thanks for input, this was hard to do on the phone because I don't know how to overview things inside PayPals "edit buttons" layout. I think it's not easy to get this info even from a desktop browser.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2019

bitley wrote:
25 Feb 2019
Thanks for input, this was hard to do on the phone because I don't know how to overview things inside PayPals "edit buttons" layout. I think it's not easy to get this info even from a desktop browser.
Can’t you just write the prices next to the products on the website? Guess not if you’re doing it from your phone.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

bitley

25 Feb 2019

It's always been like that but I'm prepared to change things to get more attention :D I might create youtube videos nude and oiled up as well to get some action :D

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2019

bitley wrote:
25 Feb 2019
It's always been like that but I'm prepared to change things to get more attention :D I might create youtube videos nude and oiled up as well to get some action :D
Bitleyfäbojäntan :)
Do it!!! :):):)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2019

Way Beyond Fäbojäntan R23
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

bitley

25 Feb 2019

On a more serious note though; checking the prices on PayPal to get everything correct means going through line by line and hovering above a certain icon and that's when I realize I've got too many products but everything except the cheapest refills has been lowered enormously.

bitley

25 Feb 2019

MrFigg wrote:
25 Feb 2019
Roxette & etc drum programmer / producer Jimpan aka Shooting Star (with roots from Småland) used to call me Putte, which became Puttefnask and later on Fnasket ;)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2019

bitley wrote:
25 Feb 2019
MrFigg wrote:
25 Feb 2019
Roxette & etc drum programmer / producer Jimpan aka Shooting Star (with roots from Småland) used to call me Putte, which became Puttefnask and later on Fnasket ;)
I thought that Askungen was about a guy called the Ass King :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

retreed
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2019

bitley wrote:
25 Feb 2019
On a more serious note though; checking the prices on PayPal to get everything correct means going through line by line and hovering above a certain icon and that's when I realize I've got too many products but everything except the cheapest refills has been lowered enormously.
Hello bitley, I hope I am allowed to put some feedback here, but this mess you just comment on is your website/shop and it is exactly what it looks like from a potential customer's side as well. While you are very active here and there seem to be quality refills behind the courtain, your website/shop looks horribly unorganized to a degree that scares customers away.

Example situation: I have 30$ available and want to give bitley a try (hypothetical). Before I click through your PayPal links one by one to see what cool prices hide behind your lowered prices story, I already lost interest. Maybe you never received this sort of feedback for your website/shop and the comment helps.

WarStar

25 Feb 2019

What Bitley refills would you recommend for someone who produces hip-hip/synth-wave type stuff on Reason 7? Always heard great things about your refills but haven't took the dive yet...

bitley

25 Feb 2019

Thanks - retreed: I've always had visible prices and that will of course be fixed :) WarStar: Definitely check WBF R2, free demo refill on that page so you can start trying the vibe.

bitley

26 Feb 2019

retreed wrote:
25 Feb 2019
bitley wrote:
25 Feb 2019
Hello bitley, I hope I am allowed to put some feedback here, but this mess you just comment on is your website/shop and it is exactly what it looks like from a potential customer's side as well. While you are very active here and there seem to be quality refills behind the courtain, your website/shop looks horribly unorganized to a degree that scares customers away.

Example situation: I have 30$ available and want to give bitley a try (hypothetical). Before I click through your PayPal links one by one to see what cool prices hide behind your lowered prices story, I already lost interest. Maybe you never received this sort of feedback for your website/shop and the comment helps.
Prices are up now and I'm sorry to hear your this, I can only say that I've worked for many years to create the sounds and I only wish people's attention span would be wider; these are no quickly made bullshit sounds and there are no Combinator "template patches" that I always use; many of them are made one by one from scratch with totally different assignments and layouts. I worked with a graphical designer to conceptualize and create combinators in a very deep process to really create something that would be useful and inspiring to myself as well as all other Reason users. So dislike the site but it's just a means to get truly inspiring sounds, the site will always change in look and feel.

AnnWanges

27 Feb 2019

Well, it's a resourceful link you've here) Thanks for sharing, i've been thinking about buying PX7, so I guess it's the time to rock it.
Editing program I use: Adobe Photoshop CC

bitley

27 Feb 2019

You are most welcome! The main work for me has been the Fairlight refills of course and one of the best releases I ever made is now lowered to just $39 which should be OK for 3,000 patches / 5 Gb of data before packing.

Several thousand waveforms to toy with (over 5,000 wavefiles). Demo tracks - to experiment with, and compability stretching as far back as to Reason 4.

bitley

27 Feb 2019

Ok, that's a better comment of course. I am completely heartbroken right now so it might be a good therapy session to rebuild the whole thing.

joeyluck

27 Feb 2019

bitley wrote:
27 Feb 2019
Ok, that's a better comment of course. I am completely heartbroken right now so it might be a good therapy session to rebuild the whole thing.
:puf_smile:

I think just some simple goals will help... Hopefully most just involves reorganization.

- Keep it simple. Don't let products go overlooked because they are buried all on one page with a wall of text.
- Individual product pages with descriptions found on the individual pages (not the main page - keep scrolling to a minimum). Let each product have its own spotlight on each own page.
- A list to browse products (via menu and/or main page) that is just the name of each product, an image, and link to product page.
- Your left sidebar is a million things. It's alphabetical with no categories/sub-categories. One link is 'demos,' another is a particular ReFill, others are 'General' and 'page 1'...it's a bit confusing how to navigate and easy to get lost.
- Presentation. We know you don't throw your ReFills together, but not everyone knows that. Giving attention to the presentation will help. People seem to like those box renderings; you don't have to necessarily do that, but little touches like that help.

Some examples of shops from familiar names:

https://nucleus-soundlab.com/downloads/ ... /featured/
https://sounds.doubleoeight.com/collect ... on-refills
https://soundiron.com/collections/all-products
https://impactsoundworks.com/products/

I'm not sure what you use to sell your ReFills, but sellfy seems to have a nice, clean setup:
https://sellfy.com/edited4tv/

Hope that helps give some ideas!

bitley

28 Feb 2019

Wow man that was lovely, thanks for taking the time. :)

• Information