(Adcore) In All Things

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
adfielding

08 Feb 2019

Been a while since I posted anything here outside of streams, so figured I'd change that today :)

This is a tune that I originally wrote & recorded in October 2016, which I've since tweaked along with all of the other tunes from that particular session... but I still haven't found a home for all of them. I guess it's a sort of progressive/electronic kind of thing, but I'm rubbish with genres so I'll leave that up to you.

I'd love to know what you think of it! :D

rgdaniel

08 Feb 2019

ooh I love that nine feel... nice groove... reminds me of Belew-era King Crimson....

MarkTarlton

08 Feb 2019

yeah, has a king crimson vibe with the guitar...I would love to hear this with a real drummer! nice to hear something a bit different from you!

DrGOA®

09 Feb 2019

Nice work!

gullum

09 Feb 2019

well sounding mix and lovely vibes makes me somehow feel like I'm floating in space

FLVZ

12 Feb 2019

Like the sound of this!

Reminds me so much of Tycho in the lighter floaty areas of the track

Auryn

12 Feb 2019

Wow, loved this. It's definitely a left turn from the more pastoral/ethereal sound that I've heard before from you, which makes it more appealing to me. Excellent mix too. The meandering guitar patterns remind me of Celtic Cross - Hicksville, but the heavier part departs from that template. Great mix too... I should probably watch your video's sometime to pick up some tips.

(edit: btw if you name the genre "adcore" I'm expecting an advertisement-sampling sonic collage with distorted beats... but maybe that's me)
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

adfielding

19 Feb 2019

Apologies for the delay in replying!
rgdaniel wrote:
08 Feb 2019
ooh I love that nine feel... nice groove... reminds me of Belew-era King Crimson....
Thanks! As is often the way when I'm working with odd time signatures, I didn't sit down and think "oh hey, it'd be fun to write something in 9/8" - I was just noodling on the guitar and it sort of turned out that way. It's always fun when that happens :)
MarkTarlton wrote:
08 Feb 2019
yeah, has a king crimson vibe with the guitar...I would love to hear this with a real drummer! nice to hear something a bit different from you!
Cheers - ahh yeah, I'd love to get a real drummer on some of my tracks but for a lot of my music I think it'd be cost prohibitive, unfortunately. That said, I'm currently looking to bring in a drummer on another project so if that works out well then, hey, who knows!
DrGOA® wrote:
09 Feb 2019
Nice work!
Thanks! :D
gullum wrote:
09 Feb 2019
well sounding mix and lovely vibes makes me somehow feel like I'm floating in space
Thank you, really glad to hear you liked the vibe!
Flavolous wrote:
12 Feb 2019
Like the sound of this!

Reminds me so much of Tycho in the lighter floaty areas of the track
Oh wow, thanks! I'd never really considered much of a similarity to Tycho in this track, but I'd be lying if I said that I hadn't been influenced by Tycho's music before so it wouldn't surprise me if a little bit of that bled into this track :)
Auryn wrote:
12 Feb 2019
Wow, loved this. It's definitely a left turn from the more pastoral/ethereal sound that I've heard before from you, which makes it more appealing to me. Excellent mix too. The meandering guitar patterns remind me of Celtic Cross - Hicksville, but the heavier part departs from that template. Great mix too... I should probably watch your video's sometime to pick up some tips.

(edit: btw if you name the genre "adcore" I'm expecting an advertisement-sampling sonic collage with distorted beats... but maybe that's me)
Haha, thanks! The mix in particular is something I seem to be constantly tweaking with the tunes I wrote in October 2016 (to be fair, the original versions sound like utter crap) so I'm glad to hear the mix doesn't sound too wonky. Also, I just realised from your logic that "Adcore" would be a perfect descriptor for Imagine Dragons. Eughhh.... :P

Melody303

21 Feb 2019

Great production Adam, I'd call this stuff Breaks (Progressive Breaks, if you need more descriptors), it reminds me of BT's style most. Everything is top notch here.
I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.
Feel free to listen here: melodyklein.bandcamp.com/

adfielding

22 Feb 2019

Melody303 wrote:
21 Feb 2019
Great production Adam, I'd call this stuff Breaks (Progressive Breaks, if you need more descriptors), it reminds me of BT's style most. Everything is top notch here.
Thanks! Not sure I'd go with progressive breaks, myself - buuuut given that I'm rubbish with genres in general I'm not really in a position to criticise :) Glad you liked it!

MindTheft

22 Feb 2019

Really nice. Delicious full sound, and nice breaks.

adfielding

25 Feb 2019

MindTheft wrote:
22 Feb 2019
Really nice. Delicious full sound, and nice breaks.
Thanks, I'm glad you like it! :)

• Information