MCU Control Pro Does Not Show Ticks

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
brand

29 Jan 2019

Hi All,
Need some help if anyone has a suggestion. I use the MCU Pro with Reason 10.2.2. (Mac - Sierra)
It works fine, as expected, I really like this unit. But: I have my time display on the MCU showing bars, beats and subdivision, and ticks.
But, the display on the MCU does not show the ticks as it does in the Reason transport panel.
I know the ticks display section on the MCU works.
Kind of a geeky question I know, but it bugs me. I have asked Mackie, and also Props — not sure if they will have an answer. I have searched and have not found any clue. I suspect somehow Reason is not sending the ticks, but I'm not sure.
Would anyone have a suggestion as to why the MCU display not show the ticks in its display?
(I will share any info I get elsewhere).
Thanks! :)

jam-s

29 Jan 2019

Some of the info from this page might help you: http://www.jaexx.com/blog/reason-custom ... ap-layout/

brand

29 Jan 2019

jam-s wrote:
29 Jan 2019
Some of the info from this page might help you: http://www.jaexx.com/blog/reason-custom ... ap-layout/
Thank you very much! I took a quick look and maybe it will help. Never saw this! I have to say, while the MCU Pro works pretty well with Reason, it's not perfect.

brand

06 Feb 2019

Some feedback so far: A bit off my original topic, but I actually installed Mixer Jaexx's remote maps for the MCU Pro and it's pretty impressive, IMO. His article on it (see below link jam-s provided) is quite detailed. It's not that the Reason stock maps don't work: they do, but MJ has re-thought the entire mapping and made many very good modifications, adding functionality, etc. It's pretty obvious a ton of work went into that.

brand

23 Feb 2019

Hi -

Props support provided great help so I could fix this! For anyone interested, here it is. File location refers to Mac. If fixing in Windows, the files may be hidden, so they would have to be un-hidden. One thing I'd add: Make a copy of the original map just in case. I implemented this with the Mixer Jaexx map (which I am liking a lot, but also did not have the ticks mapped), but should also work with the Props stock map.

1. Locate the file Universal Control.remotemap in the folder Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Remote/Maps/Mackie and open it in a text editor.
2. Search for the row “Map Sub-division Display Sixteenth Position BarsBeats Song”
3. Insert a new row below that saying:
“Map Ticks Display Tick Position BarsBeats Song”
(without the quotes).
Note that there are tabs between the items, like this:
Map<tab>Ticks Display<tab><tab>Tick Position<tab><tab><tab>BarsBeats<tab>Song
4. Save the file.
5. In Reason’s Preferences, turn off “Use with Reason” for the Mackie Control, then on again.
Now the display should show ticks as well

• Information