8Z Free and 8Z Pro - Discover all the Yamaha FM Synths - All for PX7!

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
motuscott

14 Feb 2019

Holy Moly. That looks like a buttload of work, nicely categorized.
And that's the free one!!
Thanks for your service.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

bitley

14 Feb 2019

motuscott wrote:
14 Feb 2019
DLing 8Z Free now. Looking forward to making some sense out of PX7 patch madness.
Thanks Bitley!
Thanks! Yes, that's the mission :)

I will extend the Pro deal for a day - but only - if you guys promise to keep commenting in this thread. <3

motuscott

14 Feb 2019

bump

bitley

14 Feb 2019

Thanks - you must surely have more to say if you look closer :)

bitley

15 Feb 2019

(Hey Reasontalkers... the disappearing from recent issue still boggles me and it means I have to wake this thread up in order for it to be seen.)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2019

bitley wrote:
15 Feb 2019
(Hey Reasontalkers... the disappearing from recent issue still boggles me and it means I have to wake this thread up in order for it to be seen.)
It only disappears from recent if you’ve looked at the newest post man.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

bitley

15 Feb 2019

Is it so? :D Ok, I will learn...

So... anyone liking the completely free, giant PX7 library that took me weeks to finish? :D

motuscott

15 Feb 2019

Not particularly a synth guy but this refill has brought FM and specifically PX7 back to my modest toolkit. For that sir, thank you.
I believe the other RTers are correct about how the New Posts thingy works.

bitley

15 Feb 2019

Cool :) If u guys make a piece of music with my combis etc please post it

bitley

16 Feb 2019

Hi folks! I would truly appreciate more feedback & activity, worked so very hard with these two libraries! :-) Thanks

bitley

18 Feb 2019

hurricane wrote:
28 Jan 2019

So, $69 eh?

Interesting - but first a few questions that I would appreciate being addressed clearly and specifically, if you don't mind.

1. The 22,000 unique PX7 patches - I'm guessing you didn't create these from scratch and that you took patches that are widely available on the net and "tweaked" them?

2. You individually tweaked ALL 22,000?

3. And where you say the "WBF 8Z comes with brand new PX7 patches" and described how you went through the classic banks and made variations - again, so you're saying you took patches I already have and tweaked them, thus making them "new"?

4. So what is essentially NEW new (as in, never having existed before in any form whatsoever) are the "70 Combinator patches and about 80 new PX7 patches". Is this correct?

Thanks.

Hi there Hurricane and others! I'm updating these replies accordingly as the refill has been changed and divided into two products - and I am very proud of both. All Reason users should rush to get 8Z Free really as it contains some amazing sounds. 8Z Pro is even cooler of course but yes, it will set you back $69. If that is correct english? I think I read it in a magazine. ;-)

1. Those are indeed public domain patches, I went through over 300,000 patches and killed all duplicates, ended up with over 23,300.

2. Yes, in a way, I renamed them and sorted them into all kinds of categories, but I certainly didn't tweak their parameters.

3. In 8Z Pro all of the work is my own programming - and I do all that from scratch mostly, or based on patches I made previously because I know them from inside out - the other work is available for anyone freely now with 8Z Free. Nothing in none of these refills is just "new", I would say that presenting all of it this way it's actually NEW new, even if you only get 8Z Free. Once browsing around and using it you will probably see that it's much easier and more fun to use than the "DX7 sysex compilation refills" that were so immensely popular just after the PX7 had been introduced. To rephrase that in an even better way it also works great alongside those, as you would then get both perspectives and two different ways of finding hidden gems.

4. Everything in 8Z Pro is NEW new and the number of patches is higher today & will be higher soon as I will add more. All purchasing users have the link so it will be easy for them to download updates as we move along. As for 8Z Free the NEW news is that it comes with an entertaining list of brand new combinator patches that I made exclusively for the free version. As a way to say to those not having tried my work previously... that it might be cool to actually get my refills some day.

bitley

18 Feb 2019

Now, for a question too. Once upon a time a very long time ago I played a DX7II in a store and it had patches that (reflected the hard working programmer's work and) attempted to sound like the Roland D-50, which is truly extreme since the synths are so radically different. I think those must have been programmed to be used in dual mode. I was looking really carefully to find D-50 inspired patch names, like Soundtrack, Fantasia, Pizzagogo, Native Dancer, etc etc. I found some patches with D-50 inspired names - but they didn't sound good or close to the D-50 at all. Perhaps anyone knows?

Why do I want that? I have a SY77 and a D-50 right here?! Isn't that enough? Well, I am always curious. Always. Curious. :lol:

eusti

18 Feb 2019

bitley wrote:
18 Feb 2019
Now, for a question too. Once upon a time a very long time ago I played a DX7II in a store and it had patches that (reflected the hard working programmer's work and) attempted to sound like the Roland D-50, which is truly extreme since the synths are so radically different. I think those must have been programmed to be used in dual mode. I was looking really carefully to find D-50 inspired patch names, like Soundtrack, Fantasia, Pizzagogo, Native Dancer, etc etc. I found some patches with D-50 inspired names - but they didn't sound good or close to the D-50 at all. Perhaps anyone knows?

Why do I want that? I have a SY77 and a D-50 right here?! Isn't that enough? Well, I am always curious. Always. Curious. :lol:
Can’t answer your question, but would love to know if you are doing D50 (or D05) patches... ;)

D.

bitley

18 Feb 2019

eusti wrote:
18 Feb 2019
bitley wrote:
18 Feb 2019

Can’t answer your question, but would love to know if you are doing D50 (or D05) patches... ;)

D.
Yes, I am - a project that takes a very long time but I am moving closer to work on the D-50, it's a plan :) Actually selling stuff to focus more on the most dear instruments. I've demoed some D-50 sounds on my U2Bchannel by the way :)

eusti

18 Feb 2019

bitley wrote:
18 Feb 2019
eusti wrote:
18 Feb 2019

D.
Yes, I am - a project that takes a very long time but I am moving closer to work on the D-50, it's a plan :) Actually selling stuff to focus more on the most dear instruments. I've demoed some D-50 sounds on my U2Bchannel by the way :)
Will check that out! Thx! :)

D.

bitley

19 Feb 2019

bitley wrote:
30 Jan 2019
This is just one of the combinators

Hurricane saw this?

hurricane
Competition Winner

19 Feb 2019

Yup - good PX7 EPs. Your stuff would be even sparklier with a better chorus, like OSL's free chorus. I know you're aiming for compatibility across Reason versions, but, just sayin'. :thumbs_up:
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

bitley

20 Feb 2019

Ok! I have kHs Chorus and I like it but I have used stock devices. A patch like this doesn't need much chorusing though really as it's a TX-816 sound, using eight PX7 units.

bitley

21 Feb 2019

I've just added a free demo EP patch you can re-edit and re-upload (linked here of course) if you want to, if so that might be added to a new range of signature patches with credits to the creators. Or simply just play it & have fun with it. :) The link is in the first post.

minilog

24 Feb 2019

motuscott wrote:
14 Feb 2019
Holy Moly. That looks like a buttload of work, nicely categorized.
And that's the free one!!
Thanks for your service.
+1

I was recently giving high praise to PX7 and this will guide me in getting the most out of it. Thank you for your work, Bitley.

bitley

24 Feb 2019

Cool! All feedback welcome so both versions can be improved :)

Magnus

24 Feb 2019

This is great work from Bitley! He is a synth programming genius. Highly recommended.

bitley

25 Feb 2019

Just a freak! ;) Thanks

bitley

03 Apr 2019

Any entertaining discoveries within the refills out there? It's very silent :-)

• Information