Most forgotten RE ever?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

13 Feb 2019

Konarie Chirp Synthesizer.

I don't think I've ever seen so little talk about a rack extension before.
Zero people have rated it in the shop, which is very unusual.
Does anyone use it?

I remember trying it. Thought it sounded ok but had no particular use for it so I didn't get it.

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... nthesizer/

aeox
Competition Winner

13 Feb 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
13 Feb 2019

Does anyone use it?

I remember trying it. Thought it sounded ok but had no particular use for it so I didn't get it.

It just doesn't offer anything that you can't do with tools most people already have. Another RE that has no ratings is "Doppio Delay Effects", which is just another delay device which offers nothing new. When there are devices such as Steerpike out there it's hard to gain any traction.

sublunar

13 Feb 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
13 Feb 2019

Does anyone use it?

First time I'm hearing of this. That's actually kind of ..impressive and depressing at the same time. It looks like they put a lot of effort into it with the hardware aspect. But there's no reviews, no comments on the youtube vid. Too bad it's just a very basic synth that covers the same ground most everything else can do.

minilog

13 Feb 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
13 Feb 2019
Konarie Chirp Synthesizer
They released it the week after Black Friday. :?

I just finished an album too.

Never heard of it until now; I can appreciate the concept if somebody wants to go all out but now you can get an actual (hardware) synth for a few hundred bucks. Not sure what else to say.

jam-s

13 Feb 2019

I guess it also does not help that the hardware that they suggest to control it (the BCR2000) is not manufactured anymore and thus can only be found 2nd hand. Also the price is not enticing at all in comparison to other heavy-weight synths in the shop.

Faastwalker

14 Feb 2019

I liked the concept. Hands on control of software synths is still an issue for me. So having something purpose made for knob per function from a controller is a neat idea ........ if you already had a BCR2000. Without it this RE doesn't offer much to be honest. Incidentally the BCR2000 is still a great controller having so many knobs. I wish Behringer would update & release it again. It's a bit of a big ugly thing. But there are not many controllers that have this many knobs, which is what you need to control software synths.

boingy

14 Feb 2019

jam-s wrote:
13 Feb 2019
I guess it also does not help that the hardware that they suggest to control it (the BCR2000) is not manufactured anymore and thus can only be found 2nd hand.
This.

challism

14 Feb 2019

ha ha ha, exactly what I was going to post!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

scratchnsnifff

14 Feb 2019

aeox wrote:
13 Feb 2019
TritoneAddiction wrote:
13 Feb 2019

Does anyone use it?

It just doesn't offer anything that you can't do with tools most people already have. Another RE that has no ratings is "Doppio Delay Effects", which is just another delay device which offers nothing new. When there are devices such as Steerpike out there it's hard to gain any traction.

I use doppio quite often! I love it. The oscillator shapes are unique as far as I know. But I don’t own the JP delay units.

I also think that it’s fun to use for the rhythmic presets. It adds some interesting variation to my normal use of the echo
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Breach The Sky

15 Feb 2019

Pisces Limiter by J-Yul Sound. I have a hard time believing that somebody ever said "This. This is now my favorite limiter".

The Numerical Sound stuff feels awfully redundant by now.

joeyluck

15 Feb 2019

jam-s wrote:
13 Feb 2019
I guess it also does not help that the hardware that they suggest to control it (the BCR2000) is not manufactured anymore and thus can only be found 2nd hand. Also the price is not enticing at all in comparison to other heavy-weight synths in the shop.
Speaking of, hopefully Behringer releases at some point a BCR replacement in the X-Touch line.

minilog

15 Feb 2019

Breach The Sky wrote:
15 Feb 2019
I bought the RiVerb Up-front Spaces a while ago and still use it. :oops:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2019

Breach The Sky wrote:
15 Feb 2019
Pisces Limiter by J-Yul Sound. I have a hard time believing that somebody ever said "This. This is now my favorite limiter".

Pisces Limiter, never heard of it. And I thought I had trialed all the RE limiters. Apparently not.

Yeah the Numerical Sound stuff isn't very popular right now, but at least people have mentioned them every now and then in the past.
And their ReStereo RE has 571 ratings, unfortunately the average is a 2 star rating. But hey at least it has ratings. Some people took the time to try it out.

Maybe this thread will make a few people try the Konarie Chirp Synthesizer. Perhaps it's great for some people and they just don't know it existed.

Breach The Sky

15 Feb 2019

minilog wrote:
15 Feb 2019

I bought the RiVerb Up-front Spaces a while ago and still use it. :oops:
:D Yes, that one is actually pretty good in creating ambient space! Not worth it tough, IMO.

TritoneAddiction wrote:
15 Feb 2019

Pisces Limiter, never heard of it. And I thought I had trialed all the RE limiters. Apparently not.

Yeah the Numerical Sound stuff isn't very popular right now, but at least people have mentioned them every now and then in the past.
And their ReStereo RE has 571 ratings, unfortunately the average is a 2 star rating. But hey at least it has ratings. Some people took the time to try it out.

Maybe this thread will make a few people try the Konarie Chirp Synthesizer. Perhaps it's great for some people and they just don't know it existed.
I just remembered.. In the dawn of RE time in the land of Prop's forum there was somewhat of an controversy regarding the awful looking faceplate off ReStereo. It was very entertaining, although somewhat unfair for the developer.

two shoes

16 Feb 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
14 Feb 2019
aeox wrote:
13 Feb 2019

I use doppio quite often! I love it. The oscillator shapes are unique as far as I know. But I don’t own the JP delay units.

I also think that it’s fun to use for the rhythmic presets. It adds some interesting variation to my normal use of the echo
i use doppio too - i need to give it a ratin! for me it's kind of a simpler version of le space. i'm a sucker for delay effects though.

two shoes

16 Feb 2019

i should say i still use echobode as much as all the other rythmic delay effect stuff put together.

two shoes

16 Feb 2019

one RE i never knew existed till i ran across it on a deep dive into the shop during one of the big sales and have never heard anyone else mention since is the SM Multiband Waveshaper. it has one of my favorite GUIs of any RE - I've mostly used it to make lead/melodic sounds a little more interesting in sparse arrangements.

Steedus
Competition Winner

19 Feb 2019

I've always been curious about the Phonetic RE (was originally called Bakelite I believe).

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... simulator/

Might be fun for making ambient/textured stuff. I don't recall seeing much talk about it. I always check to see if it goes on sale, but I don't think it ever does.

eusti

19 Feb 2019

Steedus wrote:
19 Feb 2019
I've always been curious about the Phonetic RE (was originally called Bakelite I believe).

Might be fun for making ambient/textured stuff. I don't recall seeing much talk about it. I always check to see if it goes on sale, but I don't think it ever does.
I like this one for voice destruction fxy stuff.

D.

Loque

19 Feb 2019

Steedus wrote:
19 Feb 2019

It was on sale a few weeks back. I think it was 9 bucks, the price was ok. Never had payed 29.

I use it to make something sound older. It works, but it is a bit limited and sounds static. It needs additional treatment for the real "old" sound.
Reason12, Win10

Steedus
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2019

Loque wrote:
19 Feb 2019
It was on sale a few weeks back. I think it was 9 bucks, the price was ok. Never had payed 29.
Damn really? I'll have to check more often then!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Feb 2019

Quadelectra BeatChop. Just dug this out of hibernation. Actually pretty cool :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Reasonable man

27 Feb 2019

Veteren reason users alreay have this refill i'm guessing but for new reasoners or ones that are getting there slowly (like me) and you never heard of rostnomo ...download the refill in this vid ..(and rostnomo from the shop obviously).

Never heard of this synth myself. The only reason i know about it now is that the vid showed up on my suggested view list on you tube ( been looking up alot of reason tutorials latley) To my surprise its a free synth from the panda people and since i've never once heard it mentioned on the forum i'm half thinking its reason rack extensions best kept secret ha ha .
When you fire this yoke up to a kron or a psq stuff gets busy. Lovely patches too.

Loque

27 Feb 2019

Reasonable man wrote:
27 Feb 2019
Veteren reason users alreay have this refill i'm guessing but for new reasoners or ones that are getting there slowly (like me) and you never heard of rostnomo ...download the refill in this vid ..(and rostnomo from the shop obviously).

Never heard of this synth myself. The only reason i know about it now is that the vid showed up on my suggested view list on you tube ( been looking up alot of reason tutorials latley) To my surprise its a free synth from the panda people and since i've never once heard it mentioned on the forum i'm half thinking its reason rack extensions best kept secret ha ha .
When you fire this yoke up to a kron or a psq stuff gets busy. Lovely patches too.
Its the small version of Nostromo and i guess most ppll have this synth, because it is a must have.
Reason12, Win10

• Information