Get the new Reason Drum Kits RE at 60% Discount

This forum is for discussing Propellerhead's music software. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
User avatar
CloudsOfSound
Posts: 96
Joined: 11 Aug 2015
Location: K-Pax, Lyra

Post 10 Feb 2019

To be totally honest, I don't have the licensed version of the Drum Kits, but the blog post makes it pretty clear that you don't have to have the product registered to get the discount, so I thought I'd give it a try, and it worked!

So I just got the new Drum Kits Rack Extension for around €38, that's a pretty good deal I think.

Here's a quote from the blog post:
If you already own Reason Drum Kits, you can upgrade to the Rack Extension version at a much better price. Use the voucher code below at check-out in the shop. This is regardless if you registered your ReFill version or not.

Code:
RDKSAVE

Apply this voucher at checkout to get your discount. Offer lasts until April 30th, 2019.
So, if you want it, now is the time to get it!

👍
:reason: 10 on  MacBook Pro 2017 15"
Software Developer / Wannabe Musician
"Computers are like bicycles for our mind"
- Steve Jobs

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 1933
Joined: 23 Oct 2017
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Post 10 Feb 2019

Yeah, I can confirm it works without previously owning RDK :) Great deal!
Bitwig 2 // Reason 10 // Cubase Pro 10 @ Lenovo Y730 15'' i7-8750h
my music - https://soundcloud.com/antic604
other stuff - "Psytrance in Bitwig Studio" tutorial

User avatar
Maxsu
Posts: 57
Joined: 15 Oct 2016
Location: Vienna

Post 11 Feb 2019

Thank you for the tip! At this price, i insta purchased :D
:essentials: Bring it to life :essentials:

User avatar
diminished
Posts: 505
Joined: 15 Dec 2018

Post 11 Feb 2019

antic604 wrote:
10 Feb 2019
Yeah, I can confirm it works without previously owning RDK :) Great deal!
It's not that I'm not granting this to anyone, but as someone who has the license already on his account, that leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Buying something late or not at all is probably the most rewarding game a user can play from a financial POV. Duh, of course you might say, but it's the same shit over and over, there is no feeling of being rewarded as a long time user with the PHs (no, I won't open the Reward Store topic now :D)
Reason 10 :reason: Teenage Engineering PO-33 :reason: M-Audio Venom

MrFigg
Posts: 1929
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 11 Feb 2019

diminished wrote:
11 Feb 2019
antic604 wrote:
10 Feb 2019
Yeah, I can confirm it works without previously owning RDK :) Great deal!
It's not that I'm not granting this to anyone, but as someone who has the license already on his account, that leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Buying something late or not at all is probably the most rewarding game a user can play from a financial POV. Duh, of course you might say, but it's the same shit over and over, there is no feeling of being rewarded as a long time user with the PHs (no, I won't open the Reward Store topic now :D)
I bought the boxed version of both Bass and RDK ages ago. Swithered a bit before buying Bass RE then bought at anyway. RDK RE tried for about 3 minutes and pushed the button. Yeah...it’s true we end up paying more for buying early...the Rigs still leave a bitter taste...and Radical Piano too. But screw it. What’s to do.
Rewards suck...seriously. But it’s all been said before. :).

User avatar
CloudsOfSound
Posts: 96
Joined: 11 Aug 2015
Location: K-Pax, Lyra

Post 11 Feb 2019

diminished wrote:
11 Feb 2019
It's not that I'm not granting this to anyone, but as someone who has the license already on his account, that leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Buying something late or not at all is probably the most rewarding game a user can play from a financial POV. Duh, of course you might say, but it's the same shit over and over, there is no feeling of being rewarded as a long time user with the PHs (no, I won't open the Reward Store topic now :D)
I totally get that, but if you read the blog post it literally says "This is regardless if you registered your ReFill version or not", basically saying that anyone with some sense in their head should apply the code upon purchase.

Don't you agree?

I would also feel a bit disgruntled if I'd payed $99 or something for the original drum kits, but when the Propellerheads announce the product this way, it's obvious that they don't care if this code is used by previous buyers of the drum kits or not, and that the price for this RE is actually a time limited promo until the code stops working April 30th, 2019.
It's not an upgrade exclusive to previous owners when they don't care to check if you actually own the previous version.

That's how I choose to interpret it in my own egocentric way, anyhow.
:reason: 10 on  MacBook Pro 2017 15"
Software Developer / Wannabe Musician
"Computers are like bicycles for our mind"
- Steve Jobs

j00lz
Posts: 8
Joined: 01 Feb 2019

Post 11 Feb 2019

Thanks for the tip :)

User avatar
BananaSkins
Posts: 198
Joined: 29 Sep 2017

Post 11 Feb 2019

For any bitter Reason Users; prepare to suck more lemons because it won't be long before the RDK RE is included free of charge in a near future update... :puf_bigsmile:

Maybe 1st May? :puf_wink:

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 1933
Joined: 23 Oct 2017
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Post 12 Feb 2019

diminished wrote:
11 Feb 2019
antic604 wrote:
10 Feb 2019
Yeah, I can confirm it works without previously owning RDK :) Great deal!
It's not that I'm not granting this to anyone, but as someone who has the license already on his account, that leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Buying something late or not at all is probably the most rewarding game a user can play from a financial POV. Duh, of course you might say, but it's the same shit over and over, there is no feeling of being rewarded as a long time user with the PHs (no, I won't open the Reward Store topic now :D)
I'd imagine that if you bought the RDK refill years ago you've used it a lot since then, either actually making money off of it or at least getting pleasure from having realistic drums in your music (if like me, you're a hobbyist and don't make a living out of music). So in absolute terms the cost of the RE should be the same for both of us ;)
Bitwig 2 // Reason 10 // Cubase Pro 10 @ Lenovo Y730 15'' i7-8750h
my music - https://soundcloud.com/antic604
other stuff - "Psytrance in Bitwig Studio" tutorial

daisky
Posts: 17
Joined: 18 May 2018

Post 13 Feb 2019

antic604 wrote:
12 Feb 2019

I'd imagine that if you bought the RDK refill years ago you've used it a lot since then, either actually making money off of it or at least getting pleasure from having realistic drums in your music (if like me, you're a hobbyist and don't make a living out of music). So in absolute terms the cost of the RE should be the same for both of us ;)
Exactly. I never understand these complaints, "But I paid more for it 5 years ago!" -- sure, and you used it for 5 years more than anyone who is going to buy it today. The landscape is also very different, especially in software. Something that sold for $X 5 years ago is probably worth way less than $X today.

User avatar
napynap
Posts: 82
Joined: 08 Sep 2017
Location: Palmdale, CA

Post 14 Feb 2019

Thanks for the code, it worked for me!
visit http://www.napynap.com to learn more about me. Thank you.

User avatar
diminished
Posts: 505
Joined: 15 Dec 2018

Post 14 Feb 2019

daisky wrote:
13 Feb 2019
antic604 wrote:
12 Feb 2019

I'd imagine that if you bought the RDK refill years ago you've used it a lot since then, either actually making money off of it or at least getting pleasure from having realistic drums in your music (if like me, you're a hobbyist and don't make a living out of music). So in absolute terms the cost of the RE should be the same for both of us ;)
Exactly. I never understand these complaints, "But I paid more for it 5 years ago!" -- sure, and you used it for 5 years more than anyone who is going to buy it today. The landscape is also very different, especially in software. Something that sold for $X 5 years ago is probably worth way less than $X today.
More like two months ago during the sale. But sure, whatever fits your perspective. Sigh. Once again for the record, I'm glad everyone can get this nice RE at a great price, I'm just confused that there is no distinction between current owners and new customers _at all_. Especially because the discount code was advertised as such in the email I received. Is this such an unvalid opinion, really?
Reason 10 :reason: Teenage Engineering PO-33 :reason: M-Audio Venom

User avatar
CloudsOfSound
Posts: 96
Joined: 11 Aug 2015
Location: K-Pax, Lyra

Post 14 Feb 2019

diminished wrote:
14 Feb 2019
More like two months ago during the sale. But sure, whatever fits your perspective. Sigh. Once again for the record, I'm glad everyone can get this nice RE at a great price, I'm just confused that there is no distinction between current owners and new customers _at all_. Especially because the discount code was advertised as such in the email I received. Is this such an unvalid opinion, really?
I totally get your point.
I was surprised as well, that the blog post specifically states that you DON'T need the registered ReFill in your account.
If you go to the store directly, it's €99, and no mention about any discount on the PH site except in this one blog post.
60% is a substantial discount, so I really don't get it, unless, as I mentioned earlier, that they really wanted to push this as a time-limited offer to everyone, but some marketing folks or something didn't agree, so they found away around it.
:reason: 10 on  MacBook Pro 2017 15"
Software Developer / Wannabe Musician
"Computers are like bicycles for our mind"
- Steve Jobs

User avatar
esselfortium
Posts: 1148
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 14 Feb 2019

I bought Reason Drum Kits in 2005 and never registered it, so it's not in my account. I imagine there are a lot of people in a similar situation, since there's not really any reliable way to track who owns a ReFill unless they bought it in the RE shop that didn't exist yet when RDK was created, so Propellerhead just decided to take the simplest option and give out an unlocked discount code and rely on the honor system.

User avatar
ScuzzyEye
Posts: 1284
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 14 Feb 2019

esselfortium wrote:
14 Feb 2019
I bought Reason Drum Kits in 2005 and never registered it, so it's not in my account. I imagine there are a lot of people in a similar situation, since there's not really any reliable way to track who owns a ReFill unless they bought it in the RE shop that didn't exist yet when RDK was created, so Propellerhead just decided to take the simplest option and give out an unlocked discount code and rely on the honor system.
I bought it, and registered it, but it doesn't show on my account. So the code was exactly for cases like mine.

MrFigg
Posts: 1929
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 14 Feb 2019

esselfortium wrote:
14 Feb 2019
I bought Reason Drum Kits in 2005 and never registered it, so it's not in my account. I imagine there are a lot of people in a similar situation, since there's not really any reliable way to track who owns a ReFill unless they bought it in the RE shop that didn't exist yet when RDK was created, so Propellerhead just decided to take the simplest option and give out an unlocked discount code and rely on the honor system.
Different subject Sarah, but did you ever get a reply from Kuassa regarding the bypass bug on their amps?

User avatar
CloudsOfSound
Posts: 96
Joined: 11 Aug 2015
Location: K-Pax, Lyra

Post 14 Feb 2019

esselfortium wrote:
14 Feb 2019
I bought Reason Drum Kits in 2005 and never registered it, so it's not in my account. I imagine there are a lot of people in a similar situation, since there's not really any reliable way to track who owns a ReFill unless they bought it in the RE shop that didn't exist yet when RDK was created, so Propellerhead just decided to take the simplest option and give out an unlocked discount code and rely on the honor system.
I'm sad to say so, but I think that the so called "honor system" is dead, if it ever existed outside a circle of close friends, colleagues or relatives.
Kinda like when Nietzsche proclaimed that "God is dead!", there is no honor left in our general society when it comes to both saving money and getting something you really want.
:reason: 10 on  MacBook Pro 2017 15"
Software Developer / Wannabe Musician
"Computers are like bicycles for our mind"
- Steve Jobs

User avatar
esselfortium
Posts: 1148
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 14 Feb 2019

MrFigg wrote:
14 Feb 2019
esselfortium wrote:
14 Feb 2019
I bought Reason Drum Kits in 2005 and never registered it, so it's not in my account. I imagine there are a lot of people in a similar situation, since there's not really any reliable way to track who owns a ReFill unless they bought it in the RE shop that didn't exist yet when RDK was created, so Propellerhead just decided to take the simplest option and give out an unlocked discount code and rely on the honor system.
Different subject Sarah, but did you ever get a reply from Kuassa regarding the bypass bug on their amps?
I haven't heard anything about it in a while, unfortunately!

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 892
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 14 Feb 2019

I was going to say that even paying full price is a good deal for this RE. $100 is $50 cheaper than most quality VST rival products, but...I just checked the price on Addictive Drums to see what the current going rate is, and it’s on sale right now for $99 at Sweetwater. that’s an incredible price for such a kickass-sounding plug-in. if you prefer VSTs for some reason, or want a bit higher quality, and have a little higher budget, it’s hard to beat. or if you use the code for RDK, you can get both for the cost of less than what Addictive Drums normally costs alone.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... WMQAvD_BwE

so cool to have so many great options these days! 😃

User avatar
CloudsOfSound
Posts: 96
Joined: 11 Aug 2015
Location: K-Pax, Lyra

Post 14 Feb 2019

guitfnky wrote:
14 Feb 2019
I was going to say that even paying full price is a good deal for this RE. $100 is $50 cheaper than most quality VST rival products, but...I just checked the price on Addictive Drums to see what the current going rate is, and it’s on sale right now for $99 at Sweetwater. that’s an incredible price for such a kickass-sounding plug-in. if you prefer VSTs for some reason, or want a bit higher quality, and have a little higher budget, it’s hard to beat. or if you use the code for RDK, you can get both for the cost of less than what Addictive Drums normally costs alone.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... WMQAvD_BwE

so cool to have so many great options these days! 😃
Already have the Addictive Drums Package.
Got that one + 2 ADPacks for $49 as an "upgrade" for a DAW that I really only "leased" for a couple of months, that included some light version of AD2.
After I stopped paying for the DAW in question I still kept the full version of AD2 registered to my account at their site, so I'm kinda like a pirate.

No morale, no honor, just want to save as much money as possible, grabbing anything before me with no bad feelings what so ever! 👹 :lol:

So now I have more drums than I can handle. AD2, Reason Drum Kits RE plus I newly purchased an audio interface that came with Air Music Strike Drums 2 which is a 40 GB+ Sampled library of drums and a VST interface for creating drum tracks for free... Saved $149 on that as well...
:reason: 10 on  MacBook Pro 2017 15"
Software Developer / Wannabe Musician
"Computers are like bicycles for our mind"
- Steve Jobs

MrFigg
Posts: 1929
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 14 Feb 2019

esselfortium wrote:
14 Feb 2019

I haven't heard anything about it in a while, unfortunately!
Nah. Same here. They’ve gone dark.

daisky
Posts: 17
Joined: 18 May 2018

Post 15 Feb 2019

Two questions:

1. Is there something in Reason like Logic Drummer?

2. Is there any advantage to having this RE (over RDK) other than the interface?

User avatar
esselfortium
Posts: 1148
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 15 Feb 2019

daisky wrote:
15 Feb 2019
Two questions:

1. Is there something in Reason like Logic Drummer?

2. Is there any advantage to having this RE (over RDK) other than the interface?
It's possibly not the answer you're after, but I'd say the interface itself is a pretty huge advantage, because it directly exposes features that were completely buried and difficult to access in the refill. For instance, there was originally no way to change the mic leak levels for individual drums without dissecting the mountain of cable spaghetti and adding line mixers everywhere.

User avatar
AS7RO
Posts: 114
Joined: 04 Aug 2018

Post 15 Feb 2019

cant hear you over my kontakt drum kits :) but I appreciate the tip
Why are you reading this?

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: reggie1979 and 4 guests