Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Ahornberg

26 Jan 2019

giiiiiiiiiiigle

demt

27 Jan 2019

hmmm
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

dioxide

28 Jan 2019

"Mute and solo is not available." :lol:

danc

28 Jan 2019

dioxide wrote:
28 Jan 2019
"Mute and solo is not available." :lol:

At first I did sit up and think... ooh this looks nice. Then I started to dig into it...

PROS:
- BUCKETS - it's a neat way to GROUP channels. On large projects it is really annoying in Reason to have a massive strip of channels and no way of collapsing them into groups. Yes - you can colour code them, but collapsible groups is what I'd like.
- EQ - it adds an SSL'esque colour to your mixes.
- CLA-76 - nice to have this compressor option on each channel.

BIG CONS:
- NO SENDS / RETURNS
- NO MUTE / SOLO
- WAVES ONLY INSERTS

So - In Reason we pretty much have this already. I already have Waves Scheps Omni-Channel, which has a great EQ and range of compressors. However... I just wish I had a way to group my channels.
Check my Soundcloud:

Karim
Competition Winner

28 Jan 2019

It is not exactly the same. But this indicates how we would need a total emulation or another SSL model of your choice in Reason. But Waves is not new in hardware emulations
S1GNL wrote:
24 Jan 2019
... when watching the Waves CLA MixHub ad, feeling like

„Ehm... yeah... we already got that in Reason years ago ...“ :lol:
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

DonnieAlan

10 Feb 2019

danc wrote:
28 Jan 2019

PROS:
- BUCKETS - it's a neat way to GROUP channels. On large projects it is really annoying in Reason to have a massive strip of channels and no way of collapsing them into groups. Yes - you can colour code them, but collapsible groups is what I'd like.

BIG CONS:
- NO SENDS / RETURNS
- NO MUTE / SOLO
- WAVES ONLY INSERTS

So - In Reason we pretty much have this already. I already have Waves Scheps Omni-Channel, which has a great EQ and range of compressors. However... I just wish I had a way to group my channels.
I don't use Reason as a DAW (I'm a Pro Tools guy), but use it as a major VI. So, I am curious to ask about the SSL "coloring" for a mix. I know the Reason mixer looks like and is designed after the SSL consoles. But, how does it do in emulating the SSL coloring of a mix, in your opinion, as compared to, say, the CLA Mixhub, or other channel strip emulators out there? I've never once mixed anything in Reason, so have no basis for comparison. Just curious to know how your Reason users see it (or, rather, hear it!).

Ahornberg

10 Feb 2019

DonnieAlan wrote:
10 Feb 2019
danc wrote:
28 Jan 2019

PROS:

BIG CONS:
- NO SENDS / RETURNS
- NO MUTE / SOLO
- WAVES ONLY INSERTS

I don't use Reason as a DAW (I'm a Pro Tools guy), but use it as a major VI. So, I am curious to ask about the SSL "coloring" for a mix. I know the Reason mixer looks like and is designed after the SSL consoles. But, how does it do in emulating the SSL coloring of a mix, in your opinion, as compared to, say, the CLA Mixhub, or other channel strip emulators out there? I've never once mixed anything in Reason, so have no basis for comparison. Just curious to know how your Reason users see it (or, rather, hear it!).
The Reason mixer was first introduced in 2009. It looks like an SSL 9000k and IMO it sounds very clean.

jam-s

10 Feb 2019

DonnieAlan wrote:
10 Feb 2019
The mixer in Reason looks like a SSL and has very similar EQ and compressor/gate curves, but it does not emulate a SSL mixer with respect to any saturation.

DonnieAlan

11 Feb 2019

Ahornberg wrote:
10 Feb 2019

The Reason mixer was first introduced in 2009. It looks like an SSL 9000k and IMO it sounds very clean.
I remember that. I've had Reason since 4.0. I know it sounds clean. What I was wondering is do the EQ's and Compressors on the mixers behave the way the SSL ones do? If I understand it right, I believe that the focus of the CLA Mixhub was to model and emulate the behavior of the SSL compression and EQ etc. Does the Reason version do that? Its not a negative if it doesn't. I'm just wondering is all.

Ahornberg

11 Feb 2019

DonnieAlan wrote:
11 Feb 2019
Ahornberg wrote:
10 Feb 2019

I remember that. I've had Reason since 4.0. I know it sounds clean. What I was wondering is do the EQ's and Compressors on the mixers behave the way the SSL ones do? If I understand it right, I believe that the focus of the CLA Mixhub was to model and emulate the behavior of the SSL compression and EQ etc. Does the Reason version do that? Its not a negative if it doesn't. I'm just wondering is all.
maybe this answer helps viewtopic.php?p=350848#p350848

dvdrtldg

12 Feb 2019

I'm on a few Waves plugin forums, it's amazing how many people seem to have insta-bought CLA Mix Hub and don't like it

DonnieAlan

13 Feb 2019

dvdrtldg wrote:
12 Feb 2019
I'm on a few Waves plugin forums, it's amazing how many people seem to have insta-bought CLA Mix Hub and don't like it
In my view, one needs to use this plugin for a while before deciding like or not. I used the trial version first and tried it out in different scenarios. I liked the workflow, so ended up getting it. I'm glad I did. Doesn't mean I'll use it on every mix, but at the initial offer price, it was a good deal and a great tool to have in one's mixing kit bag! On a recent mix, I put the Mixhub on all the submixes of the sections, drums, vocals, guitars, etc. It was easy and nice to make some final subtle tweaks all in one plugin and it did warm up the mix a bit too.

No one plugin, no matter how good, is going to be the magic plugin that suddenly "transforms" your mix. But, some tools are much better than others to help you get a better mix and ease the workflow to get there. This is definitely one of those, in my opinion. I'll be using it a lot!

dvdrtldg

13 Feb 2019

These days I won't even consider buying any Waves plugin until it (inevitably) goes on sale for $29

S1GNL

14 Feb 2019

dvdrtldg wrote:
13 Feb 2019
These days I won't even consider buying any Waves plugin until it (inevitably) goes on sale for $29
I wouldn’t even use it for free. I used to own the gold bundle and ended up using the RCompressor only. And the plugin is not worth the buggy Waves Central hustle with limited support.

Ahornberg

14 Feb 2019

S1GNL wrote:
14 Feb 2019
dvdrtldg wrote:
13 Feb 2019
I wouldn’t even use it for free. I used to own the gold bundle and ended up using the RCompressor only. And the plugin is not worth the buggy Waves Central hustle with limited support.
And Waves plugins often crash when starting Reason.

S1GNL

14 Feb 2019

Ahornberg wrote:
14 Feb 2019
S1GNL wrote:
14 Feb 2019

That’s the "Waves Central" Software. It’s also crashing Studio One.

dvdrtldg

14 Feb 2019

Have to say, I've never had any issues with Waves Central or their plugs crashing Reason. I use quite a few and they're rock solid

ionly

15 Feb 2019

S1GNL wrote:
14 Feb 2019
Ahornberg wrote:
14 Feb 2019

Which version of Studio One? I have version 2 and my latest Waves V.10 purchases keep crashing everything (TG Mastering Chain + Abbey Rd Chamber). V.9s work fine, but once I drag a V.10 into the mastering suite, all goes to hell (V.9s then stop working/no longer show in Studio One AND Reason 10). Annoying is an understatement. I've corresponded with Waves and they advise re-installing everything (deleting folders, blah blah...) - still no joy.

Ahornberg

15 Feb 2019

ionly wrote:
15 Feb 2019
S1GNL wrote:
14 Feb 2019

Which version of Studio One? I have version 2 and my latest Waves V.10 purchases keep crashing everything (TG Mastering Chain + Abbey Rd Chamber). V.9s work fine, but once I drag a V.10 into the mastering suite, all goes to hell (V.9s then stop working/no longer show in Studio One AND Reason 10). Annoying is an understatement. I've corresponded with Waves and they advise re-installing everything (deleting folders, blah blah...) - still no joy.
Could it be a Windows issue? I'm on Win 10 and I had the same problem on Win 8.

• Information