Truth - AND logic - an audio rate feature request

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Re8et
Competition Winner

11 Feb 2019

Truth - AND logic - an audio rate feature request, the title say it all. Is it possible to get an upgrade to have audio I/O??

see at https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... ion/truth/

In the modular world, is not uncommon to have logic modules (and,or, add, subtract, etc). The only module in Reason that do AND math is Truth. But it's cables are cv only.
Starting from Complex-1, we see audio and cv can go together, so hopefully, we could see many older products, be updated to include audio input alongside cv.

Translating audio to cv and then back again, destroy the audio signal. If you are eager to see where this kind of logic gets implemented, take a look at 0-coast and plankton Ants!, they both have multipurpose* logic gates (* not too distinq)

Has anyone some information about other modules that can get there? I thought Kron could be a candidate, but the mixer section lacks pretty math functions, and then it's all cv, no audio at all, unlike Pulsar and Vk2. Any ideas? Tnx.

Complex :
complex-1.JPG
complex-1.JPG (138.19 KiB) Viewed 6265 times
complex logic 2.JPG
complex logic 2.JPG (165.86 KiB) Viewed 6265 times
complex-3.JPG
complex-3.JPG (184.13 KiB) Viewed 6265 times

buddard
RE Developer

11 Feb 2019

Re8et wrote:
11 Feb 2019
Truth - AND logic - an audio rate feature request, the title say it all. Is it possible to get an upgrade to have audio I/O??
Well, if you already own Complex-1 you can use that as a logic gate at audio rates!

Min is the analog equivalent of AND, and Max is the analog equivalent of OR.

Re8et
Competition Winner

11 Feb 2019

buddard wrote:
11 Feb 2019
Re8et wrote:
11 Feb 2019
Well, if you already own Complex-1 you can use that as a logic gate at audio rates!

Min is the analog equivalent of AND, and Max is the analog equivalent of OR.
Oh! This is awesome! I've been reading Truth manual for AND functions but could not translate the AND 1-1 to Min and OR 0-0 to Max of the Complex-1 manual..
One more reason to get Complex-1!

I like Truth for its look, the price tag is right, and it's small, lighter on cpu. It would still makes sense to have something small like that to snap somewhere without having free osc running on the background. th6.

Loque

11 Feb 2019

It is pretty easy:
https://socalabs.com/developer-tools/maths/

Check out the examples and discussion here:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=7507468&hilit=socalabs
Reason12, Win10

Re8et
Competition Winner

11 Feb 2019

Loque wrote:
11 Feb 2019
It is pretty easy:

Ok... I just can't find examples or presets but it works, that's nice!
math.JPG
math.JPG (141.55 KiB) Viewed 6207 times
Where I'm supposed to input the min anyway??? Left is X and right is Y... gotta break a coffee...
min.JPG
min.JPG (103.4 KiB) Viewed 6207 times

Loque

11 Feb 2019

Re8et wrote:
11 Feb 2019
Yea, put your audio stuff accordingly to Left or Right. Than you generate output for Left and Right. It's like
Left := min(l,r)
Right := max(l,r)
Or whatever you want...
Reason12, Win10

Re8et
Competition Winner

11 Feb 2019

Loque wrote:
11 Feb 2019
Re8et wrote:
11 Feb 2019
Yea, put your audio stuff accordingly to Left or Right. Than you generate output for Left and Right. It's like
Left := min(l,r)
Right := max(l,r)
Or whatever you want...
Yea, thanks a lot, experimentation is paramount!

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

11 Feb 2019

Loque wrote:
11 Feb 2019
It is pretty easy:

That's really interesting. One spends so long buried in one's own projects one can miss what's around elsewhere.

One of the first design mock-ups of Ammo 1200 had a maths data entry section for building outputs via text. Sadly we weren't allowed to do it for reasons I can't go into of course. (That said, as it was ruled out before we really started, we never tried it, so I'm not even sure it would have been possible; I guess we should have tried it anyway! ).

Loque

12 Feb 2019

JiggeryPokery wrote:
11 Feb 2019
Loque wrote:
11 Feb 2019
It is pretty easy:

That's really interesting. One spends so long buried in one's own projects one can miss what's around elsewhere.

One of the first design mock-ups of Ammo 1200 had a maths data entry section for building outputs via text. Sadly we weren't allowed to do it for reasons I can't go into of course. (That said, as it was ruled out before we really started, we never tried it, so I'm not even sure it would have been possible; I guess we should have tried it anyway! ).
Man, i always wondered why nobody did this, because it was so obvious and simple to do...
Reason12, Win10

• Information