Finally one fader solution for Reason

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
sonicbyte

11 Feb 2019

I just saw the new Platform Nano from Icon

https://iconproaudio.com/product/platform-nano/

I was so disappointed when know that behringher and studio one similar line of products doesn't support Reason, so i'm glad this one it will be soon available. Also because the previous version from Icon was "ok" in features but the build quality was horrific (as far as I know)... but this one looks promising.

:clap:

jetpilot00

11 Feb 2019

There is just one problem. Mackie Control in Reason is horrible and requires many, many man hours to set up all of the features of the hardware.

Believe me, I'm patiently waiting for the ultimate marriage between Reason and hardware controllers. I've had the Mackie Controller, M-Audio Project Mix IO, Behringer X-Touch and Presonus Faderport.

All of them worked with the very basic features but none only the X-Touch worked with a moderate amount of features in Reason. I'm very, very hopeful that Propellerhead spends time mapping ALL Mackie Control features of the hardware people want to use with their program.

Nektar does a stellar job of implementation of their hardware but not everyone wants another keyboard controller.

Of course, some of the members or our community are working on a solution as well and that is something I'm looking forward too as well.

-JP
***If life is a song, I've just passed the guitar solo.***

motuscott

11 Feb 2019

I felt pretty burnt when I had the Frontier Alphatrack working reasonably well and a mac OS update destroyed it all.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

sonicbyte

11 Feb 2019

jetpilot00 wrote:
11 Feb 2019
There is just one problem. Mackie Control in Reason is horrible and requires many, many man hours to set up all of the features of the hardware.

Believe me, I'm patiently waiting for the ultimate marriage between Reason and hardware controllers. I've had the Mackie Controller, M-Audio Project Mix IO, Behringer X-Touch and Presonus Faderport.

All of them worked with the very basic features but none only the X-Touch worked with a moderate amount of features in Reason. I'm very, very hopeful that Propellerhead spends time mapping ALL Mackie Control features of the hardware people want to use with their program.

Nektar does a stellar job of implementation of their hardware but not everyone wants another keyboard controller.

Of course, some of the members or our community are working on a solution as well and that is something I'm looking forward too as well.

-JP
As far as I know the Icon platform devices works fine with Reason (I see a video somewhere), have no idea why or how it works...But they have setup a specific preset for Reason, something the other brands don't, as you mention, because they don't support it out of the box.

If anyone have/had any Icon device please correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks

SoulState

11 Feb 2019

jetpilot00 wrote:
11 Feb 2019

-JP
I've been using the M-Audio ProjectMix IO since it appeared 10 years ago. I can't fault it. When locked to the SSL mixer every parameter can be controlled eg. Dynamics, Eq section, send FX, Faders etc. Sometimes lock it to Malstom or Kong for hands-on control.

Don't use "Mackie mode"...using Projectmix's own mode in preferences is the way to go!

Qcon Icon looks cool...got an I on it if/when P/Mix ever packs in :(
:reason:

• Information