Umpf Drum Question

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
graeme75

11 Feb 2019

Hi

Is the following possible in Umpf?

I have a clap sound with a long tail and want it to sound on beats 2 and 4. However I dont want the tail to be on beat 4.

I have managed to do this iin Umpf by loading the same sample into 2 channels and removing the tail from one of them, I was just wondering if its possible to do on just the one channel?

TIA
Graeme

PhillipOrdonez

11 Feb 2019

graeme75 wrote:
11 Feb 2019
Hi

Is the following possible in Umpf?

I have a clap sound with a long tail and want it to sound on beats 2 and 4. However I dont want the tail to be on beat 4.

I have managed to do this iin Umpf by loading the same sample into 2 channels and removing the tail from one of them, I was just wondering if its possible to do on just the one channel?

TIA
Graeme
Have you tried automating the release?

graeme75

11 Feb 2019

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure how I would do that? In Umpf itself?

PhillipOrdonez

11 Feb 2019

graeme75 wrote:
11 Feb 2019
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure how I would do that? In Umpf itself?
The must be a couple of ways to do it. Try pressing alt and then clicking on the release "button". If that doesn't create an automation lane on the sequencer, go to the sequencer and click the automation icon when the umpf is selected and select either release or hold from the menu and automate away!

I am not on the computer now, though, and can't remember if it can be done at all but should!

graeme75

11 Feb 2019

Thats great many thanks. Could I use a similar approach for the following

I have another sample where I am using the start of the clap as a pre-clap and the rest of the sample (reversed) as a turn a round at the end of a 4/4. Again would this be possible to do on just the 1 channel?

Again I have achieved this so far by splitting the sample and loaded into 2 channels. Many thanks

FGL

11 Feb 2019

You can change the length with chop. But there is no Automation for Release.

Adabler
Competition Winner

11 Feb 2019

You could do this:
release automation.jpg
release automation.jpg (83.5 KiB) Viewed 651 times

You could also just hit record and move the envelope around and it will make an automation lane for you and record whatever you do.
:reason: 12, Win10

• Information