Some Rack Extensions Online Only?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
DonnieAlan

10 Feb 2019

Lately, when I boot up Reason I get the login window telling me that some RE's are online only. What I don't know how to figure out is which ones and why they're online only. Can someone enlighten me as to how to find out which ones and why that's the case? I don't recall buying or getting any RE's that were online only. Thanks

mjxl

10 Feb 2019

DonnieAlan wrote:Lately, when I boot up Reason I get the login window telling me that some RE's are online only. What I don't know how to figure out is which ones and why they're online only. Can someone enlighten me as to how to find out which ones and why that's the case? I don't recall buying or getting any RE's that were online only. Thanks
This basically means you are trialing something..?

Adabler
Competition Winner

10 Feb 2019

Log into your account on propshop and click rack-extensions. There you can see which REs has an online license.
Last edited by Adabler on 10 Feb 2019, edited 1 time in total.
:reason: 12, Win10

buddard
RE Developer

10 Feb 2019

DonnieAlan wrote:
10 Feb 2019
Lately, when I boot up Reason I get the login window telling me that some RE's are online only. What I don't know how to figure out is which ones and why they're online only. Can someone enlighten me as to how to find out which ones and why that's the case? I don't recall buying or getting any RE's that were online only. Thanks
Do you have any subscriptions or Rent to Own in progress? Any 30-day trials? Or are you testing a beta version of an RE?

NekujaK

10 Feb 2019

Lately, I've been getting this message immediately after buying and installing a new RE. I'm not trialing, renting, or subscribing to any REs. It seems that during the download/install process, my RE licenses aren't fully being written to my machine. Fortunately, the fix is very simple:

- login to the Prop Shop
- click the little person icon at the upper right and select Account
- select Rack Extensions
- click Sync All and wait for the sync process to complete

Now you should be able to launch Reason without being connected to the internet. Provided of course, you're not trialing, renting, sbscribing to any REs.
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

motuscott

10 Feb 2019

NekujaK wrote:
10 Feb 2019

- login to the Prop Shop
- click the little person icon at the upper right and select Account
- select Rack Extensions
- click Sync All and wait for the sync process to complete
Sometimes even when doing this Reason asks me to log in. Then the authorizer starts up again and repeats what it just did at the Propshop. Maybe it's a time thing, it eventually stops.
So not always so even with the above steps. Eventually it fixes itself until I trial something again.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

DonnieAlan

11 Feb 2019

Thanks guys. I suspect I'll need to do the sync thing again. Not trialing, renting or subscribing to anything with any RE's (or anything else for that matter). I buy what I use.

• Information