What the future sounded like - free refill

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
Creativemind

08 Feb 2019

Very nice, love it.

Good work, thanks.

Having trouble though eq'ing the external noises off the voices though. Anyone succeeded?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

eusti

08 Feb 2019

Creativemind wrote:
08 Feb 2019
Having trouble though eq'ing the external noises off the voices though. Anyone succeeded?
Haven’t checked out the refill yet, but you might need something along the lines of IZotope RX to deal with situations like you describe.

D.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Feb 2019

Thankyou for doing and posting this. I've just worked a whole load of nights so haven't had the time to try it, but I do appreciate the effort. Thankyou again.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

aeox
Competition Winner

09 Feb 2019

Creativemind wrote:
08 Feb 2019
Very nice, love it.

Good work, thanks.

You're not going to be able to EQ those sounds out :lol:

Adabler
Competition Winner

09 Feb 2019

Thank you very much! This is really great!
:reason: 12, Win10

j00lz

09 Feb 2019

Adabler wrote:
09 Feb 2019
Thank you very much! This is really great!
Glad you enjoyed it 😀

Creativemind

09 Feb 2019

eusti wrote:
08 Feb 2019
Creativemind wrote:
08 Feb 2019
Haven’t checked out the refill yet, but you might need something along the lines of IZotope RX to deal with situations like you describe.

D.
That looks pretty damn good that Izotope RX7.

Just tried it though with the demo. Couldn't do it using the 'Repair Assistant' on dialogue. I was tryna eliminate the machinery noise in the background of the "Take People On Trips Without Taking LSD" sample. It was the last sample.

eusti

09 Feb 2019

Creativemind wrote:
09 Feb 2019

Just tried it though with the demo. Couldn't do it using the 'Repair Assistant' on dialogue. I was tryna eliminate the machinery noise in the background of the "Take People On Trips Without Taking LSD" sample. It was the last sample.
Glad it worked! :)

D.

craven

10 Feb 2019

Great stuff, thanks for sharing! I also dig your demo track a lot!
:ugeek:

Creativemind

10 Feb 2019

eusti wrote:
09 Feb 2019
Creativemind wrote:
09 Feb 2019

Glad it worked! :)

D.
Not sure if you were joking there but it didn't?

No biggy, some things are maybe just not meant to be.

jappe

10 Feb 2019

Hey all,

the first post was temporarily removed while we're checking if the download is in accordance with the copyright disclaimer for the video.

j00lz

10 Feb 2019

jappe wrote:
10 Feb 2019
Hey all,

the first post was temporarily removed while we're checking if the download is in accordance with the copyright disclaimer for the video.
Whoa that's a bit drastic, no ? It's not like I was making money or broadcasting the track. At least leave the link to the YouTube documentary?

Cheers

moneykube

10 Feb 2019

is there a link? or is it a secret?
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

j00lz

10 Feb 2019

https://www.bbc.co.uk/usingthebbc/terms ... c-content/

It seems to be a grey area. I can't imagine the BBC going after bedroom producers but I am not a lawyer.

WongoTheSane

10 Feb 2019

The BBC is pretty protective of their assets, so it wouldn't be surprising if we received a strongly worded letter from their lawyers - I mean, barristers. But there's a silver lining: they offer free access to 16.000 of their historical sounds, for free personal use (with the inevitable copyright notice that You Shall Not Distribute etc, etc) here:

http://bbcsfx.acropolis.org.uk/

With a bit of luck, you'll be able to find the original samples that were used in the video you referenced!

Edit for context: the OP posted a link to a ReFill he made from sounds extracted from a BBC Video called "What the future sounded like". The mods decided to delete that post because chances are it infringes on BBC's intellectual property. We decided to leave the thread nonetheless, because 1) it would be weird to have a thread disappear without any explanation, 2) you can search for that video in YT and do whatever you want with it, including watching it because it's darn interesting, and 3) you can use the link above to search their library and use the sounds in your own work provided it's for personal use, or use their paying service if you make money with it. Thank you for bearing with us!

j00lz

10 Feb 2019

Thanks for clarifying this. I will have a look at the web site and see if I can track down said samples...

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Feb 2019

Not to make anybody jealous but I was working night when this was posted and downloaded it immediately as I figured there'd be some sort of copyright issue within a short while. Just been sitting a while now, running it through a reverser, a pitch shifter and a reverb and well...instant mushroom music. Sorry :) Love it. Thanks
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information