You Guys Need To Jump On This U-He Deal - 50% OFF DIVA AND REPRO

Discuss VST stuff here!
Creativemind

08 Feb 2019

Emian wrote:
08 Feb 2019
Creativemind wrote:
Would you give me a quick brief of how you check the performance of a VST in Reason
Well if I add one repro 1 with a psq attached to it, and one repro 5 with a scales and chords on it, play a few keys and instantly get 4DSPbars I know enough.

That is on a i7 4790k running at 4,4 GHz

Verstuurd vanaf mijn FEVER met Tapatalk
They sound heavy. How many cores d'ya have and how much RAM you got?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

ScuzzyEye

08 Feb 2019

Creativemind wrote:
07 Feb 2019
So I've just installed Repro.

Just a quick question, what are the advantages of VST 3? Does it allow the VST's to do more?
VST3 adds a lot of new features to the plug-in format. Reason doesn't support VST3s.

Emian

08 Feb 2019

Creativemind wrote:
08 Feb 2019
Emian wrote:
08 Feb 2019
Well if I add one repro 1 with a psq attached to it, and one repro 5 with a scales and chords on it, play a few keys and instantly get 4DSPbars I know enough.

That is on a i7 4790k running at 4,4 GHz

4 cores, hyperthreading and 16GB of RAM

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

minilog

08 Feb 2019

hurricane wrote:
05 Feb 2019
But there are lots of free skins in the U-He Skin library: https://u-he.com/PatchLib/skins.html
My favorite skin for Diva so far is the Volta which I bought some time ago. I saw it in some random forum surfing and I knew she was the one for me.

Emian

08 Feb 2019

after further investigating, the hog is Repro 5. Repro one seems reasonable (comparable to "The Legend" CPU usage wise) , but the polyphonic Repro 5 is quite demanding !

hurricane
Competition Winner

08 Feb 2019

minilog wrote:
08 Feb 2019
hurricane wrote:
05 Feb 2019
But there are lots of free skins in the U-He Skin library: https://u-he.com/PatchLib/skins.html
My favorite skin for Diva so far is the Volta which I bought some time ago. I saw it in some random forum surfing and I knew she was the one for me.
I like that one too - but I hate the logo and color so I changed it. Not that mine is any better, but I can at least tolerate it:

voltahurricane.jpg
voltahurricane.jpg (926.37 KiB) Viewed 2953 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

minilog

08 Feb 2019

hurricane wrote:
08 Feb 2019
I like that one too - but I hate the logo and color so I changed it. Not that mine is any better, but I can at least tolerate it
Nice!

Boombastix
Competition Winner

08 Feb 2019

Emian wrote:
Creativemind wrote:
08 Feb 2019
4 cores, hyperthreading and 16GB of RAM
Turn off hyperthreading

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Emian

09 Feb 2019

can anyone confirm that the filter resonance of Repro 1 can not be automated ?

kitekrazy

09 Feb 2019

Loque wrote:
05 Feb 2019
CaptainBlack wrote:
04 Feb 2019
Repro is the benchmark for virtual analogue according to my ears. Just blows Arturia away.
Hum...yea, uHe can beat as much as it wants. I payed less for Arturia and Soundtoys complete bundles together. So i skip this one.
I'm done adding synths.

Loque

09 Feb 2019

kitekrazy wrote:
09 Feb 2019
Loque wrote:
05 Feb 2019

Hum...yea, uHe can beat as much as it wants. I payed less for Arturia and Soundtoys complete bundles together. So i skip this one.
I'm done adding synths.
Exactly. The only thing that could be interesting in the next time is Phaseplant from Kilohearts. But i am already sure i wont pay 200 bucks for it.
Reason12, Win10

hurricane
Competition Winner

09 Feb 2019

Judging only from the small pool of reactions across the various audio forums, this has been a very popular promotion, with many people jumping on this deal. I'm not even the slightest upset that I bought these at full price because they're THAT good and worth it. DIVA and Repro are some of the best (probably THE best) digitally analog modeled synths out there. The Arturia stuff is great, and I own and use them too, but as soon as you play Repro you can immediately feel and hear the difference. It's a noticeable jump in quality - and there's only one RE, in my opinion, that rivals the "analog" sound of Diva and Repro, and that's The Legend. If the analog thing is your THING, and you're not one of those "I only want to use REs just because they're REs" types :roll: , then these are the synths you are looking for.

Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

eusti

09 Feb 2019

I hear you, Hurricane!

I own Repro and love the sound... But then never use it... DSP consumption is just too high... And I hate freeze and delete to commit too early... As my songs shift and change over time... Unfortunately I’m not the “just writing down what is in my head” kind of guy... Some things are constantly evolving before hopefully coming to a satisfying end...

D.

Emian

09 Feb 2019

Emian wrote:can anyone confirm that the filter resonance of Repro 1 can not be automated ?
Please someone? The sound is great tough...

eusti

09 Feb 2019

Emian wrote:
09 Feb 2019
Emian wrote:can anyone confirm that the filter resonance of Repro 1 can not be automated ?

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=498375

D.

eusti

09 Feb 2019

Downloaded the Diva demo and on my system it is eating up too much power at the moment...
When I like the way it plays and sounds (and it really sounds great!!!) it eats up up to 3 bars of DSP while simply playing one patch, triads with longer release times... Have to mull this over a bit more, but tend to say it's a no for me... (I hope I can actually stick with that... ) ;)

D.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

09 Feb 2019

eusti wrote:
09 Feb 2019
Downloaded the Diva demo and on my system it is eating up too much power at the moment...
When I like the way it plays and sounds (and it really sounds great!!!) it eats up up to 3 bars of DSP while simply playing one patch, triads with longer release times... Have to mull this over a bit more, but tend to say it's a no for me... (I hope I can actually stick with that... ) ;)

D.
Not every patch is a CPU hog, and if you want to use the beautiful "Roland" filters on a low voice count, it works pretty OK (I have an older i7 4 core). VK-2 and Expanse can be demanding as well, but as always it is patch dependent - big time. Some Diva patches barely budge the needle (single notes) and some almost hit the ceiling (with a chord). But what is coming with the Reason CPU/VST efficiency update?
Well, I ran the same Diva patch and chords in both Maschine (stand alone) and Reason 10.2. Reason sucked up about double CPU compared to Maschine. The right most number is the CPU % usage from Windows resource monitor. Running exactly the same patch and a 3 note chord, both running simultaneously.
Diva Masch vs Reas.gif
Diva Masch vs Reas.gif (2.68 KiB) Viewed 2772 times
Now with that being said, that was CPU load and not DSP load. The DSP load difference is smaller, but it is still there, no doubt. Just make sure you also ENABLE multi core on Diva. My DSP meters dropped down to half when I did that and that works in both Maschine and Reason. If Diva still gives you DSP problems, check the patch and its Voices and Stack settings, you can easily cut the DSP load another 50% by doing that so you can continue to work. Then set it back to higher numbers when it is time to bounce. With these two strategies I can get a Diva patch to drop from 100% DSP load to 25%. And with the Reason DSP update that would probably get down to 20%. Sure, lower Stack setting sounds thinner, but it is just a way to continue to work without rendering.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

EdGrip

10 Feb 2019

As a rough guide to how they'll perform on your system after the optimization update, just download Reaper and see if your system can handle the U-he synths viably in Reaper. I'm my experience I can just pile multiple Repros into Reaper and my laptop just shrugs.
Then, for a rough estimate, assume that post-optimization New Reason will be halfway between Current Reason and Reaper, VST performance-wise.

I'm gonna estimate "slightly worse than, or about equal to, Ableton Live".

Emian

10 Feb 2019

eusti wrote:
09 Feb 2019
Emian wrote:
09 Feb 2019

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=498375

D.
thx for the link !

hurricane
Competition Winner

10 Feb 2019

7 days to go for this sale. Then you'll *probably* never see Dive or Repro at this price ever again. Not even during black friday.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

ScuzzyEye

16 Feb 2019

There's about a day and a half left on this deal at the time I'm posting this.

I picked up the Collection, because I've wanted Satin from when it was announced that U-he would stop making REs.

EdGrip

17 Feb 2019

Contemplated getting Diva, but I've got Repro and so much other good stuff - I don't need it.

jam-s

17 Feb 2019

I'm not buying U-He until he fixes the long known bugs in his REs.

ScuzzyEye

17 Feb 2019

jam-s wrote:
17 Feb 2019
I'm not buying U-He until he fixes the long known bugs in his REs.
They're not getting fixed. You can no longer buy them.

I don't know if the deal is still on, but I got an email from him when he made the choice to stop RE development. The offer gave me the full set of Ubik VSTs for free, because I had bought at least 5 REs. There were smaller discounts for people who bought fewer than 5.

eusti

17 Feb 2019

Obviously I broke down an got Diva after all. I’m a hopeless synth addict... :/

In any case: I’m on a Mac and can’t figure out how to install alternate skins... For some reason I can’t get it to work. :(
Any ideas?

D.

• Information