Gentle Pad [Ambient] (WIP)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
artotaku

03 Feb 2019

I´m a sucker for gentle, wide, spacey sounding pads which has always been a challenge to achieve in Reason before the introduction of REs.
Glad that we now have 2x Antidote + 2x Humana + 1x Kraft and a lot of DR-1 reverb.

FLVZ

03 Feb 2019

Epic sounding stuff man,

This is perfect to soundtrack visuals on many different themes!

How do you design your pads, I've always used presets. It is a dark art

artotaku

04 Feb 2019

Flavolous wrote:
03 Feb 2019
Epic sounding stuff man,

This is perfect to soundtrack visuals on many different themes!

How do you design your pads, I've always used presets. It is a dark art
Thanks.

Here I started with a preset from eXode´s amazing EDM for Antidote ReFill.
It already sounded very lush when the cut off freq is lowered. Then I typically tweak it a bit to my liking.

If you have a track where the pad stands on its own (like in my track) you typically need to layer multiple devices: one for the high (white noise), one for medium and one for the bass layer.One Antidote is not enough since it has only two main oscillators.

The "low" device just plays the root bass note while the "mid" device plays the chords. The "hi" device plays the whitenoise but also a lead.
White noise panned hard to left and right (or spread) gives the impression of wideness and light.
Good sounding reverb is very important, it removes the harshness. Synapse DR-1 is great for that.

I also added further devices (Humana) to give it that mystic touch and sonic variation.
Humana itself sounds a bit boring but it is good device to support the main sound.

LarsK

05 Feb 2019

Just brilliant!

FLVZ

06 Feb 2019

So you're a preset tweaker as well. Your technique sounds interesting will have to try it.

artotaku

07 Feb 2019

Wav-E wrote:
04 Feb 2019
very interesting, good work
Thanks!

artotaku

07 Feb 2019

LarsK wrote:
05 Feb 2019
Just brilliant!
Thanks!

artotaku

07 Feb 2019

Flavolous wrote:
06 Feb 2019
So you're a preset tweaker as well. Your technique sounds interesting will have to try it.
It depends. Sometimes I design pads from the ground up but if I immediately find a good patch I just take it. No need to reinvent the wheel while you´re in the flow ;-)

• Information