Video editing softwares could have a rewire?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Heigen5

19 Nov 2018

Every video editing software out there should have a rewire. Then there would be no need for the DAWS to support video?

Heigen5

31 Jan 2019

This would fuckin rock!

Jagwah

01 Feb 2019

Heigen5 wrote:
31 Jan 2019
This would fuckin rock!
Hello Heigen! :)

Anything to stop the clunky workflow of jumping between two softwares - like Reason having a video track omggggggggggggggggggggggg :silent:

Rewire would make them so the tracks in both play together, that would be cool for scoring I think.

What I do wonder, as video is not a priority, is how difficult it would be to add a video track to Reason? Could we see it in a big update that adds a bunch of stuff, or would it be a big deal to add it?

I could never put in words what it would mean to me to have a video track with a couple of slicing and dicing features in Reason. It could be CV compatible. Just ugh, no words.

Heigen5

02 Feb 2019

Hello, well IMO rewire would be a better solution than video in Reason, (ok both are good options really). But Rewire would propably be easier in this case. There's not so much of need to Rewire two DAWS, as it would be to rewire Reason to a video software. Because Reason supports VST etc.

Jagwah

02 Feb 2019

Hello. Sound good. Video good. Two programs bad. Add video track button very good.

Heigen5

03 Feb 2019

Jagwah wrote:
02 Feb 2019
Hello. Sound good. Video good. Two programs bad. Add video track button very good.
Well we need to understand that Propellerheads ain't a video program developers. Rewire between DAWS and Video softwares would already be awesome. You'd do all the audio in Reason and then video in the video program. I mean you'd not need to rewire before your Reason song is done. So this means you wouldn't need to jump in between the 2 programs.

Jagwah

03 Feb 2019

Heigen5 wrote:
03 Feb 2019
Well we need to understand that Propellerheads ain't a video program developers.
Yes this is very true, and I am sad for this, but I could never be happier with the audio tools they have created.

However, we live in a massive video age right now, Youtube has literally everybody on board, then there is Twitch and kids only know what else, I think it would fare well for Reason to have video capability, it could promote the product to many more people.
Heigen5 wrote:
03 Feb 2019
Rewire between DAWS and Video softwares would already be awesome. You'd do all the audio in Reason and then video in the video program. I mean you'd not need to rewire before your Reason song is done.
I want to edit both sounds and video together, neither would be finished before the other, they would be finished together if that makes sense. The way you can stutter video by slicing and dicing is very similar to audio, doing these on the fly together is just like creating music on the fly like we do in Reason - a lot of fun and can take unexpected turns and it becomes part of the creation process.

Right now I can do this in a very clunky way with Sony Vegas and Reason, I dream of having a video track in Reason that has a few simple editing features, I believe it would be an incredible addition.

Heigen5

05 Feb 2019

Jagwah wrote:
03 Feb 2019
Heigen5 wrote:
03 Feb 2019
Well we need to understand that Propellerheads ain't a video program developers.
Yes this is very true, and I am sad for this, but I could never be happier with the audio tools they have created.

However, we live in a massive video age right now, Youtube has literally everybody on board, then there is Twitch and kids only know what else, I think it would fare well for Reason to have video capability, it could promote the product to many more people.
Heigen5 wrote:
03 Feb 2019
Rewire between DAWS and Video softwares would already be awesome. You'd do all the audio in Reason and then video in the video program. I mean you'd not need to rewire before your Reason song is done.
I want to edit both sounds and video together, neither would be finished before the other, they would be finished together if that makes sense. The way you can stutter video by slicing and dicing is very similar to audio, doing these on the fly together is just like creating music on the fly like we do in Reason - a lot of fun and can take unexpected turns and it becomes part of the creation process.

Right now I can do this in a very clunky way with Sony Vegas and Reason, I dream of having a video track in Reason that has a few simple editing features, I believe it would be an incredible addition.
I think it would be awesome too to have video in Reason. But if that's not an option, then at least Rewire between DAWs and Video softwares would also rock. I can imagine people wishing for bling-bling video-effects though.

Heigen5

05 Feb 2019

Why not having a same clock via a Rewire. One thing only please: i.e. we could press some short-key and see the video screen in Reason as well?

Heigen5

05 Feb 2019

+ a synced recording between a smartphone and Reason/Video software to live record something with a smartphone and having it in a perfect sync, please.

Heigen5

05 Feb 2019

Why not a screen-capure capability as well then already, PLEEEEASE!

jam-s

05 Feb 2019

Heigen5 wrote:
05 Feb 2019
Why not having a same clock via a Rewire. One thing only please: i.e. we could press some short-key and see the video screen in Reason as well?
Having multiple screens is really the best way to deal with this.

Creativemind

05 Feb 2019

Excellent idea but I'm still waiting to mute a midi note. :lol:
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Jagwah

05 Feb 2019

jam-s wrote:
05 Feb 2019
Heigen5 wrote:
05 Feb 2019
Having multiple screens is really the best way to deal with this.
It works with the Spectrum EQ really well!

Heigen5

05 Feb 2019

A Video recording Android app should have a feature, so you'd load your wav/mp3 into it, and then hit play/record and sing/rap along the track. I'm just wondering, how else you'd get a perfect timing sync.

• Information