Optic Multi Channel Analyzer V1.1: Major Performance Update & Sale [Trials Reset]

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Socram
RE Developer

07 Jan 2019

Hey everyone! Today I'm super excited to announce that a long overdue performance update to the RE, Optic Multi Channel Analyzer, is now live! This is a free update to existing owners. It is also currently 25% off!

A lot of people had some very valid complaints when it came to the performance of this device on initial release. It took me awhile, but I'm confident in saying that this update solves ALL of those problems. But you don't have to take my word for it:

For those who are unfamiliar, Optic is a multi-channel spectrum analyzer capable of analyzing up to 7 different stereo channels at once, displaying their frequency content side by side for comparative and creative purposes.

All trials have been reset, so if you tried it in the past and you weren't happy with the performance or have never seen it before I highly suggest giving it a shot.

Store Page (with full change log): https://shop.propellerheads.com/rack-ex ... -analyzer/

To long time users, I really appreciate your patience in waiting for this update.
I have also created an additional video to answer one of my most frequently asked questions: How to see Mix Channel changes in Optic
Last edited by Socram on 08 Jan 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Static Cling - Rack Extension Developer of Tome, Index, Optic, Chord Detector, Delta, and AutoLatch.
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

Loque

07 Jan 2019

Oh...very good job!
Reason12, Win10

antic604

07 Jan 2019

Awesome! Thanks - I'll probably get it this time :)

Loque

07 Jan 2019

I am just curious, what you did for the optimisation or is this companies top secret stuff?
Reason12, Win10

Socram
RE Developer

07 Jan 2019

Loque wrote:
07 Jan 2019
I am just curious, what you did for the optimisation or is this companies top secret stuff?
A lot of the improvements came from gradually gaining a better understanding of the SDK through work on other RE's, better understanding its drawing system and throttling draw calls properly. The DSP side of things was already pretty well optimized in version 1.
Static Cling - Rack Extension Developer of Tome, Index, Optic, Chord Detector, Delta, and AutoLatch.
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

Loque

07 Jan 2019

Socram wrote:
07 Jan 2019
Loque wrote:
07 Jan 2019
A lot of the improvements came from gradually gaining a better understanding of the SDK through work on other RE's, better understanding its drawing system and throttling draw calls properly. The DSP side of things was already pretty well optimized in version 1.
Wow! Again, nice job!
Reason12, Win10

Socram
RE Developer

07 Jan 2019

Oh, and I forgot to mention, its currently on sale for 25% off!
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

antic604

08 Jan 2019

Bough it! Really great stuff - thanks!!! :)

Some ideas for future versions (also posted on FB):
- automatically populate the name of the frequency spectrum with name of the track it comes from or at least the name of the device, or patch,
- in "Peak Hold" mode, would it be possible to still have the spectrum graph bouncing, but leave the "shadow" or "outline" of the peak signal, so that you could see both the peak and momentary levels? sometimes the peak can be far above the average levels, so that can be misleading,
- can you consider adding "masking" indicator like iZotope Neutron or FabFilter Q3, where the plugin actually highlights the are where frequencies are clashing the most, based on some criteria (eg. loudness and persistence of the overlap, freqency [the lower the freq, the more audible the clashing]),
- could you move the "Precision [FFT]" setting to the front?
- could you add global "M" / "S" switches to mute and un-solo all tracks at once?

Socram
RE Developer

28 Jan 2019

Just 3 days left in the upgrade sale!
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

antic604

28 Jan 2019

Socram wrote:
28 Jan 2019
Just 3 days left in the upgrade sale!
I already bought it, but wanted to ask - is it in developer's discretion to request from Props reset of the trials?
I wonder why more devs don't do this, if that's the case?

Socram
RE Developer

28 Jan 2019

I am not the first dev to get trials reset, but it is not something we can do ourselves. So perhaps other devs don't think to ask, or are denied if the changes aren't substantial enough, I am not sure.

Thanks for all the suggestions btw, I have noted them all in my request tracker!
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

eusti

28 Jan 2019

This looks fairly useful! Thank you for reminding me of this... It somehow slipped through...

D.

NaviRetlav

28 Jan 2019

I would buy this any day if it could have the FL Studio EQ style view with the bright bars instead of shapes.
Can you work on that ?

Socram
RE Developer

29 Jan 2019

That could potentially be done, my only concern is how hard it might be to distinguish different overlapping colors, the whole "multi-channel" aspect was the main intention of the device.
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

BananaSkins

29 Jan 2019

I'm using windows 7

Just downloaded Optic Multi Channel Analyzer for trial.

I am hit with a problem straight away!

I can not get the 'Release Dial' setting to 5ms as suggested in your video.

Control+Click takes it to 50ms, set device to default takes it to 50ms

Holding down shift whilst using the mouse takes it up or down in increments of 10ms; meaning 10ms is the lowest I can go without hitting zero...

Thought I would have been able to enter any number by double clicking the Release dial number to highlight it then enter the value by my keypad?

Any advice?

BananaSkins

30 Jan 2019

Guess I will have to contact internal support for my problem / possible bug!

Socram
RE Developer

30 Jan 2019

Hey buddy, give me a day to reply at least ha!

As I noted in the change notes, with v1.1 I rescaled the Release setting to cover a much wider range, and changed the default to something I felt was more fitting. If you're seeing 5 ms, its because you're watching the pre v1.1 videos, it was the old default.

Double clicking to enter a number is not supported on Custom Displays by the SDK, so that's not a feature I can add unfortunately.

Is 10ms not sufficiently low enough for your needs? I figured 1 ms granularity was not needed, but if it is I will make note of that and see about bringing it back.
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

Aosta

30 Jan 2019

Missed this release but it looks interesting and much respect to you as you seem like a single dev working on this alone so it must have been hard work to update it.
Hope it sells well :)
Tend the flame

BananaSkins

30 Jan 2019

Cheers for the reply; enjoying the trial :thumbs_up:

two shoes

02 Feb 2019

i use optic on most stuff i do in reason - it's helped me get better at corrective eq and ducking stuff. thanks for the update!

sleep1979

04 Mar 2019

NaviRetlav wrote:
28 Jan 2019
I would buy this any day if it could have the FL Studio EQ style view with the bright bars instead of shapes.
Can you work on that ?

I prefer shapes so please dont take that away , maybe have both options cheers

• Information