Setting "Rec Source" from sequencer

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
RustyShakleforde

20 Jan 2019

It would be nice if there was the option to set a track, or multiple tracks as rec sources from the sequencer window, as opposed to having to open rack, unfold track (if folded) and click on the little button to select Rec Source.

Would be quicker if i had the option to select from sequencer window, set input on audio track (as you already can) then ready to go.

What do others think?

jam-s

20 Jan 2019

I don't see how this could be implemented in a simple way as you can have multiple midi/sequencer lanes driving instruments that end up in single mix channel or the inverse of this. As there is no general 1:1 link between mix channels and sequencer lanes this functionality would be confusing imho.

RustyShakleforde

21 Jan 2019

I thought as the rec source button is on the mixer channel in the rack, even if you had multiple midi channels for one source, you sould be setting the rec source at the channel level just before it goes to SSL

michal22

23 Jan 2019

I also think that it will be misleading and incorrect logically. The recording source refers to the audio, not to the sequencer. I think that the "mix channel" and "audio track" should be freeze buttons with frostbite for editing and the flatten button for getting audio of a specific audio channel without delay. Currently, the bounce function is visible for midi traces, which is illogical in my opinion - very often there is a need to replace several midi tracks into one audio channel. The option of changing to audio should be visible to a specific audio channel, not for the midi in the sequencer.
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

EdGrip

27 Jan 2019

It would make more sense to have a Rec Source button on the SSL channels. They're all laid out in a row and it's quick to see which channel you want.
In the rack, you often have to scroll a long way in 2 dimensions, and then expand a by-default-collapsed mix channel in order to access the relevant Rec Source button.

PhillipOrdonez

27 Jan 2019

Unlike most of you, I would not mind a rec source option from the sequencer.

selig
RE Developer

27 Jan 2019

EdGrip wrote:It would make more sense to have a Rec Source button on the SSL channels. They're all laid out in a row and it's quick to see which channel you want.
In the rack, you often have to scroll a long way in 2 dimensions, and then expand a by-default-collapsed mix channel in order to access the relevant Rec Source button.
I totally agree it would make sense to be able to view/set the rec source from the mixer as well as the rack, but only if you can also set the input for new channels from the Mixer view.

As it is, you can only set inputs from the Rack and Sequencer view, so even after setting rec source from the Mixer view, you would still have to move to Seq or Rack view to setup a destination - kinda negating any advantage of setting from Mixer view.

But there is at least one other way to solve these issues, which would be to do away with the rec source button entirely and instead allow all sources to be viewed from the input list. Unless you are using high numbers of channels this would streamline the process by eliminating one step entirely. It would also allow you to do everything from either Rack or Sequencer view.

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information