Nektar Panorama Remote Maps Thread

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

24 Oct 2018

Iggster wrote:
24 Oct 2018
Hey Carly,

I'm also struggling with this...

I've updated the firmware via the Nektar website and used your latest mappings file from early July and some VSTs are not behaving as expected. The Nekta website does not make it easy to understand but I think the Nektar firmware is up to date as it includes Europa mappings.

The main one i'm having issues with is Synthmaster which only has a couple of controls mapped to my P4. The patch +/- button is also having no effect on any of the VSTs i'm using including Synthmaster (as well as Hybrid 3, Vacuum Pro) which makes using and auditioning presets on VSTs really tedious.

I've tried remotely mapping by hand but the patch buttons don't seem to be mappable and i've never had any luck using the patch browser buttons on the VST wrapper RE. Surely this is right....

Any ideas on what i'm doing wrong?
Hi, not everything is mappable, also there are a couple of things that are going on.
First the mappings in general, the mapping for Synthmaster is what I call a basic mapping (you can tell they are basic mappings as they have the Page1, Page2 options or some have Page A, Page B, Page C, Page D), these mappings are setup with about 24 common parameters mapped, they are also setup to make use of the grab functionality.
The patch buttons are mapped as default to the patch buttons of the VST interface itself and there ain't that many VST's that make use of that plus they browse the Reason browser.
In the case of the Synthmaster you can audition patches a couple of ways, one is use your typing keyboard up and down arrows, the second way is map the function keys on the Nektar to do Up and Down..

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

24 Oct 2018

illlumen wrote:
24 Oct 2018

Hey Carly,
at the moment I have 18 Instruments and 30 Effects that I want to prepare for work with my P1.
I've fiddled around with Arp Odyssey. I have copied some code from substractor to get the map working - but I still have problems with the faders not getting recognized.
Is there some kind of Template, where I "only" have to fill in the blank spaces? That would be so helpful.
Something where every single knob, button and fader is already there but as an empty slot - so I could just fill my desired destinations in.
I'd love to share my final results here.
My most used Instruments are u-he Repro-5 | TAL-U-No-LX-V2 | Korg Wavestation | Arturia DX-7 | Arturia CMI V[
The effects FabFilter Pro-Q2 | SoundToys Echoboy | Unfiltered Audio Sandman & SpecOps | Valhalla Vintage Verb
There are 3 types of mappings Basic, Full and Grab (well really there is just mappings but this is how we refer to them).
Basic are just key parameters mapped but are setup to make sure of the grab functionality. (created by Nektar)
Full are more or less every parameter that can be mapped (in most cases, I did map out predator 2 recently and mapped everything apart from the ARP section). (Created by Nektar and the community)
Grab don't have anything mapped but are ready to grab parameters, there are over 2200 of these maps (created by myself as a quick workaround)

If you are new mapping you may want to look at the basic maps, basic maps will have a line of code near the beginning of

Code: Select all

Map	Device Name		"_DEVICENAMEHERE"		HOME
basically you map your parameter to a ctrl number, then that ctrl number to the encoder\fader.

If you would like a more full map then please see this, if you do the first part of the work I will produce the code for it.

Regards
PoohBear

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

29 Nov 2018

Dropbox updated.. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sberq7vvyfit ... T4sra?dl=0

New Mapping

ARP ODYSSEY
GO2 VST
LEGEND VST
Horizons
DX7 Arturia

BRITPRESSOR >Grab
SSQ >Grab
MJUC >Grab

Mapping Updated

CS-80 >updated to full mapping
Fault >updated to full mapping

New Files Added
None

Files updated
Panorama.remotemap
PanoramaP1.remotemap

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sberq7vvyfit ... T4sra?dl=0

NOTE: The file Panorama(P1).remotemap contains all the mappings talked about on this thread + any that Nektar have released them selves.

This file has to be replace\merged and can be found at:-

Windows: C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Maps\Nektar
OSX: //Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Remote/Maps/Nektar

When backing up the existing file, back it up to a totally new directory (there have been issues reported if backing up in place).

PoohBear

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tips & Tutorial's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
PoohBears Reason Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

OlafK

12 Dec 2018

Hello Carly and the community.

I am new here at Reasontalk and I am also new owner of a P1!

I really like it and I also like what you do for all Nektar users. The maps are great and it is a shame, that Nektar is not doing this for there customers.

I also got a question! I saw that Poltergeist was also added, but it doesn't work for me! I got the "No Mapping" message on my P1! Is this an error or is it not working with the P1 at the moment?

The following REs are also not working, but if I am right, they have not been mapped until now!

The Beatmakers
Granada 49
Luna & Maia
Umpf Club
Umpf Retro
Layers Wave

Thank you for your great work!

Greetings from Germany
Olaf

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

12 Dec 2018

OlafK wrote:
12 Dec 2018
Hello Carly and the community.

I am new here at Reasontalk and I am also new owner of a P1!

I really like it and I also like what you do for all Nektar users. The maps are great and it is a shame, that Nektar is not doing this for there customers.

I also got a question! I saw that Poltergeist was also added, but it doesn't work for me! I got the "No Mapping" message on my P1! Is this an error or is it not working with the P1 at the moment?

The following REs are also not working, but if I am right, they have not been mapped until now!

The Beatmakers
Granada 49
Luna & Maia
Umpf Club
Umpf Retro
Layers Wave

Thank you for your great work!

Greetings from Germany
Olaf
Poltergeist has been sorted and the dropbox updated, it was down to scope name change.

Yes you are correct those have not been done, my time is quite short at the moment and I only have been working on mappings where I own the RE or VST.

PoohBear

OlafK

14 Dec 2018

Hello Carly

Thank you! I totally understand you.

And Poltergeist is working now! :-)

Greetings
Olaf

Luis Bicho

20 Dec 2018

Hello again dear Carly Merry Christmas for you and yours.
:rt: :post: :refillpacker: :ignition: :reason: :refill: :re:

Stamatz

24 Jan 2019

Hello,

New to Nektar and have a P4, when loading the remotemap file I receive and error on the following mesasges "Map Plugin View Proxy Open Plugin Window Instrument"

I reinstalled the nektar drivers but still receive this error. I noticed on a previous post this was corrected by reloading the drivers but that didn't work for me?

Did nektar change this parameter? After I remove the error lines, the remotemap file does load.

Am I missing something or did nektar change something?
Nektar P4, Alesis VX49, Roland DJ-202, Korg DS-8, Casio RZ-1, Epiphone Guitar, MOTU M4, Samson BT Monitors. Twin Displays. AMD Ryzen 9 7950x3D, 32 GB Ram, AMD Radeon 6800XT,

Stamatz

24 Jan 2019

Nebermind, I found Poohbears lua file and used that and now everything seems to be working. Thanks for the work on the remotemap files. Happy Nektar P4 owner!
Nektar P4, Alesis VX49, Roland DJ-202, Korg DS-8, Casio RZ-1, Epiphone Guitar, MOTU M4, Samson BT Monitors. Twin Displays. AMD Ryzen 9 7950x3D, 32 GB Ram, AMD Radeon 6800XT,

djsegwon

24 Jan 2019

Poohbear, the man, nektar should cut that check cause he's doing their job!
Stamatz wrote:
24 Jan 2019
Nebermind, I found Poohbears lua file and used that and now everything seems to be working. Thanks for the work on the remotemap files. Happy Nektar P4 owner!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

29 Jan 2019

OlafK wrote:
14 Dec 2018
Hello Carly

Greetings
Olaf
Do you want to PM me those Remote files that have not been mapped?
Also have you seen this

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

29 Jan 2019

Luis Bicho wrote:
20 Dec 2018
Hello again dear Carly Merry Christmas for you and yours.
Thank you.
Stamatz wrote:
24 Jan 2019
Good news..
djsegwon wrote:
24 Jan 2019
Poohbear, the man, nektar should cut that check cause he's doing their job!
:D

PoohBear

OlafK

16 Feb 2019

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
29 Jan 2019
OlafK wrote:
14 Dec 2018
Hello Carly

Greetings
Olaf
Do you want to PM me those Remote files that have not been mapped?
Also have you seen this

Hello Carly

Sorry, I didn't see this post earlier, but sure, I will take a look at it and Try to do what you need.

Greetings
Olaf

PGR

18 Feb 2019

Is this remotemap file compatible with Panorama T-series?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

18 Feb 2019

PGR wrote:
18 Feb 2019
Is this remotemap file compatible with Panorama T-series?
No however there is one up on my dropbox (same location) called Panorama2.remotemap , you will be the first apart from me to test it :P
It has a few new maps but it does hold all my grab maps.

PoohBear

PGR

18 Feb 2019

Thank you so much. I have not yet bought the keyboard but knowing you support these keyboards is a strong argument for buying it. You are doing a good job!!!

ztevil

23 Apr 2019

Hello guys,

I've had my p1 for a couple of days now. What a fantastic device to get as long time reason. Always had a simple m-audio 25 key midi controller that sucked ...BUT..

Navigating all the features I started to try out some QWERTY macro's for the transport buttons and F keys. The macro's feature is fantastic but after I made a few and saved them a couple of times. The p1 clears all F key maps and the transport macro's that were mapped, all show the same identical shortcuts ?

Anyone here had the same issue ? Im on windows 10

I reinstalled the driver. the win reason support files. The original mappings. Restored Factory settings, Restarted Laptop after every step. Latest fimware is present. And tried all USB Ports, a powered hub and cables and it keeps doing this.

Already requested a support ticket but has anyone had similar problems ?

I had a few brilliant shortcuts on the fader buttons like on 1- create thor, on 2_add scales and chords on 3 add dual arp and a button to instantly lock/unlock p1 controls to a chosen device. After figuring out this problem im gonna shortcut every-freekin-thing. Anyone like to share the qwerty's that improve workflow ?

basedcarbon

19 Jun 2019

Hi, I just bought a used Nektar P1 to use with Reason 10. I defaulted it to factory settings and patched it using the latest drivers, etc from Nektar. I noticed quickly that I had no mappings defaulted for Grain/Europa, so I found your thread. I followed your instructions and added your updated P1 remote mapping to the appropriate directory.

I'm still getting 'No Mapping' for Grain/Europa (haven't tested others yet).

Any idea?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2019

basedcarbon wrote:
19 Jun 2019
Hi, I just bought a used Nektar P1 to use with Reason 10. I defaulted it to factory settings and patched it using the latest drivers, etc from Nektar. I noticed quickly that I had no mappings defaulted for Grain/Europa, so I found your thread. I followed your instructions and added your updated P1 remote mapping to the appropriate directory.

I'm still getting 'No Mapping' for Grain/Europa (haven't tested others yet).

Any idea?
The setup is a 3 step process.

The file you get from Nektar has 2 exe's you have to run,
1) for the firmware
2) for the Reason mappings.

The last step is to install the mappings from here..

Regards
PoohBear.

Jackjackdaw

29 Jun 2019

Hi there, I am keen to learn how to write maps. I have watched Carly's 'helping us' video and made an excel layout and read the very short guide on the Nektar website. Is there any more resources at all out there?

I'm starting off doing a map for Monotone as it's fairly straightforward then I would like to do one for Umph club drums.

I am struggling to deconstruct the existing maps to figure out how to create pages , menus etc... If I just had a bit more tutorial I'd be fine.

Jackjackdaw

29 Jun 2019

After spending some time messing about with making maps I'm actually well fcked off that there is no decent documentation on how to do it. I'm wasting all this time on trial and error just to reinvent the wheel.

jam-s

02 Jul 2019

Jackjackdaw wrote:
29 Jun 2019
After spending some time messing about with making maps I'm actually well fcked off that there is no decent documentation on how to do it. I'm wasting all this time on trial and error just to reinvent the wheel.
That's because the documentation on the Remote protocol is linked to a NDA for developers: https://www.propellerheads.com/developers (https://www.propellerheads.com/developer/remote.php)

I suppose this old article is still relevant: https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques ... les-reason

Jackjackdaw

04 Jul 2019

But its the Nektar mapping protocol that I am interested in. All of the remote data I need can be exported from reason. Nektar could easily do a manual for how to construct an in depth map.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

05 Jul 2019

Jackjackdaw wrote:
04 Jul 2019
But its the Nektar mapping protocol that I am interested in. All of the remote data I need can be exported from reason. Nektar could easily do a manual for how to construct an in depth map.
Sorry to say I had re-engineer what was there and I went through a few different loops before I have settled on the way I do my mappings now which is quite straight forward, one scope per page, I use to layer my scopes but could not really see the advantage and it just led to a complex mess TBH.

There are 2 ways to map, the old way which I do still use to write my full maps and a new way, which allows use of the grab functionally.
The reason I never moved over to the new way was at that time there were issues with labels (in that you could not do your own), I have noticed that looks fixed now.

But saying that using either the old or new way the navigation is the same. If you want to pass over the Monotone spreadsheet I will produce a couple of maps for you, a full one and a stripped down one which may give you more insight on how to make them.

Jackjackdaw

24 Jul 2019

Thanks for the offer but I am not going to pursue the self mapping route. Too much head scratching for me. I have just been in touch with a guy from Nektar who suggested a new update should be coming soon which should satisfy my needs. I’m looking forward to it!

• Information