Loopcloud 4.0: Introducing The Loop Editor

Discuss VST stuff here!
EnochLight

22 Jan 2019

Nice! The fact that this syncs to Reason perfectly and is one of the best sample library managers out there only makes it even more bad ass. Looking forward to the update:

You can get Loopcloud 3.0 for free. Works great with Reason:

https://www.loopcloud.net/
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Wobbleburger

24 Jan 2019

Loopcloud is cool... No doubt. I happen to use Splice instead but I might switch at some point. Does Loopcloud manage samples outside of their own store? I have a lot of loose samples from the past as well as a huge load of Splice samples. Would Loopcloud help me sort these by instrument/key?

I want something that I can throw thousands of samples at. Then it comes back with an algorithm to sort by kick, snare, stabs... if it can determine pads vs leads, that's even better! What are you guys using because the Reason browser isn't my favorite. I like the "Favorites" list but you can't even sort by name/modified and other basic things in the browser.
In the 90s, my midi music was on the Baulder's Gate site. That was my life peak.
Reasonite since 2000. My music (and my old midi) can be found here:
https://futurewizard.org

EnochLight

24 Jan 2019

Wobbleburger wrote:
24 Jan 2019
Does Loopcloud manage samples outside of their own store?
Yes.
Wobbleburger wrote:
24 Jan 2019
I have a lot of loose samples from the past as well as a huge load of Splice samples. Would Loopcloud help me sort these by instrument/key?
Yes.
Wobbleburger wrote:
24 Jan 2019
I want something that I can throw thousands of samples at. Then it comes back with an algorithm to sort by kick, snare, stabs... if it can determine pads vs leads, that's even better!
Yes, this is what I use it for. It automatically tags your samples, and you can edit them (by bulk or alone) so if it gets some tags wrong, you can edit them.
Wobbleburger wrote:
24 Jan 2019
What are you guys using because the Reason browser isn't my favorite. I like the "Favorites" list but you can't even sort by name/modified and other basic things in the browser.
I'm using Loopcloud. ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Oquasec

24 Jan 2019

Think I had loopcloud since it came out.
If you wanna back your custom files up though you gotta use a good one
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

EnochLight

24 Jan 2019

Oquasec wrote:
24 Jan 2019
If you wanna back your custom files up though you gotta use a good one
Yes, backing up any files on your computer is a good idea. What would you suggest is a "good one"?

Oquasec

24 Jan 2019

Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

EnochLight

24 Jan 2019

Oquasec wrote:
24 Jan 2019
These (the 2019 version) https://www.cloudwards.net/award/best-o ... -services/
I've been using Blackblaze for years (ever since CrashPlan phased out their consumer services). It's fast and cheap (unlimited data). I've got 9.2 Terabytes backed up so far. ;)

dezma

28 Jan 2019

Didn't find this information yet, so if you have some drums in reason playing, will loopcloud play the loops in sync?

Like if you have a beat, and want a filler hi-hat loop, will it play in sync to the drums already playing?

Always missed this, so far ableton live was the only way to do this.

EnochLight

28 Jan 2019

dezma wrote:
28 Jan 2019
Didn't find this information yet, so if you have some drums in reason playing, will loopcloud play the loops in sync?

Like if you have a beat, and want a filler hi-hat loop, will it play in sync to the drums already playing?

Yes. 3.0 does this already. It’s free - give it a try!

dezma

28 Jan 2019

EnochLight wrote:
28 Jan 2019
dezma wrote:
28 Jan 2019

Yes. 3.0 does this already. It’s free - give it a try!
Great, will do.
I think I allready subscribed some time ago, but never used it as I couldn't access my own samples so great to see 3.0 has this functionality.

On a sidenote, I don't understand reason doesn't do tempo synced loop auditing out of the box yet, live has this for ages.

EnochLight

28 Jan 2019

dezma wrote:
28 Jan 2019
On a sidenote, I don't understand reason doesn't do tempo synced loop auditing out of the box yet, live has this for ages.
Alas, we've complained about this for years to Props. :( The only way it works is with REX files being auditioned in a Dr. Octo. Really wished they had expanded this to all samples.

dezma

28 Jan 2019

EnochLight wrote:
28 Jan 2019
dezma wrote:
28 Jan 2019
Alas, we've complained about this for years to Props. :( The only way it works is with REX files being auditioned in a Dr. Octo. Really wished they had expanded this to all samples.
Rex files don't make up for more than 1% of my library so better then nothing, but not a lot, anyway very happy to hear there's finally a VST that does exactly that and much more.

dezma

28 Jan 2019

I was not very impressed at first when adding first folder, a bit hit n miss on the loops then realised it needed BPM analyzing :?

This is a fantastic tool, simlifies workflow a lot. The fact alone that you can drag n dropped the already synced file.

Finally no reason to start live any more.

THANKS LOOPCLOUD FOR THIS FREE TOOL

EnochLight

28 Jan 2019

dezma wrote:
28 Jan 2019
I was not very impressed at first when adding first folder, a bit hit n miss on the loops then realised it needed BPM analyzing :?

This is a fantastic tool, simlifies workflow a lot. The fact alone that you can drag n dropped the already synced file.

Finally no reason to start live any more.

THANKS LOOPCLOUD FOR THIS FREE TOOL
Yeah, it's pretty bad ass.

• Information