Cubase 10. Thoughts?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
chimp_spanner

12 Jan 2019

So after the NIGHTMARE that was my recent re-install (with an incomplete download of the C10 install causing me to needlessly reset Windows FIVE TIMES) I'm finally running C10 Pro. Gotta say, I am enjoying it. Apart from the random "poof" crashes I get sometimes. Not too happy about that.

Interestingly it's feeling a bit more like Reason, with that vertical rack of plugins I can drag onto the tracklist, complete with snapshots and everything! Nice touch.

The VST performance is, obviously, quite excellent. And it's a nice contrast to the visual "feast" of Reason, with its muted monochrome colour palette.

I still find myself wishing it had Reason's automation though. And from time to time I'm thwarted by its fixed routing. Still it's nice to have it installed and (mostly) working. And it's nice to have an alternative to Reason when I'm feeling all burnt out. What are you all making of it?

Oquasec

12 Jan 2019

Yes. I think somewhere along the line Steinberg and Propellerhead co-developed tons of stuff.
I guess if I were to use Cubase it would be for Notation related tasks since it has billions of options for articulation & all the other crap right?
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

m.arthur

13 Jan 2019

deleted

Micha1973

13 Jan 2019

Steinberg and Propellerheads -never- the engeneering ist to different.
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

Oquasec

13 Jan 2019

Steinberg vs Presonus is so hard.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

etyrnal

13 Jan 2019

Those poof crashes that so many others are willing to pretend don't exist are the entire reason that I moved away from Cubase many many years ago.

Sent from my ASUS_X017DA using Tapatalk

• Information