Love Kompulsion

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Jan 2019

Got a Linn Drumachine VST with one cv and one note input. I’m sick of Drum Sequencer having only 16 steps. So I took out Propulsion. Hmmm...I thought, now I’ll need to get TM-1 Trigger Multiplexer afterall. But then I thought...here, wait a minute. What about Kompulsion? And what do you know...worked a treat and 32 steps into the bargain. So that’s it...Love Kompulsion. Just sayin’. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

KirkMarkarian

12 Jan 2019

Kompulsion is my favorite sequencer within Reason - has almost ALL of what I'm looking for, and the bits it doesn't have are not necessary, just flourishes that I dream of. :D

seqoi

12 Jan 2019

KirkMarkarian wrote:
12 Jan 2019
Kompulsion is my favorite sequencer within Reason - has almost ALL of what I'm looking for, and the bits it doesn't have are not necessary, just flourishes that I dream of. :D
+1

it replaced everything for me. I don't use anything else for synth sequencing anymore.

m.arthur

12 Jan 2019

+1 here as well, recently got it, love it.

I'll never understand what madness was controlling Prop's brains when they said "let's make a fully featured new drum/step sequencer and then give it just 16 steps per pattern!!!!!" Effin' surreal, that.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Jan 2019

m.arthur wrote:
12 Jan 2019
+1 here as well, recently got it, love it.

I'll never understand what madness was controlling Prop's brains when they said "let's make a fully featured new drum/step sequencer and then give it just 16 steps per pattern!!!!!" Effin' surreal, that.
It really is a shame.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Boombastix
Competition Winner

12 Jan 2019

Still need to be able to slide notes so we can change the timing of claps and snares. It is so simple, but so extremely important to get the grooves right.
I do not understand why the developer keeps ignoring this, I must have requested this since it was released.
I would appreciate some feedback that it is on it's way.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

KirkMarkarian

12 Jan 2019

Boombastix wrote:
12 Jan 2019
Still need to be able to slide notes so we can change the timing of claps and snares. It is so simple, but so extremely important to get the grooves right.
I do not understand why the developer keeps ignoring this, I must have requested this since it was released.
Use the "Delay" function. It will give you slop and swing and everything in between. So easy to use. I did this track using it to adjust the claps over the snares.

https://www.songtradr.com/songs/kirk-ma ... /fall-dusk

Since the delay only allows you to shift the note forward, sometimes you might want to shift the note in the other direction. You can't, so put the note a sixteenth note behind where you would normally place it, then shift the note forward by raising the delay value. Sometimes you gotta get creative with the device.

mjxl

13 Jan 2019

KirkMarkarian wrote:
12 Jan 2019
Boombastix wrote:
12 Jan 2019
Use the "Delay" function. It will give you slop and swing and everything in between. So easy to use. I did this track using it to adjust the claps over the snares.

Since the delay only allows you to shift the note forward, sometimes you might want to shift the note in the other direction. You can't, so put the note a sixteenth note behind where you would normally place it, then shift the note forward by raising the delay value. Sometimes you gotta get creative with the device.
Does this not work ? (set delay normally on the notes you want, then set the delay to subtract?)
Annotation 2019-01-13 062751.jpg
Annotation 2019-01-13 062751.jpg (6.46 KiB) Viewed 941 times

KirkMarkarian

13 Jan 2019

mjxl wrote:
13 Jan 2019
KirkMarkarian wrote:
12 Jan 2019

Does this not work ? (set delay normally on the notes you want, then set the delay to subtract?)
Never tried it that way, I bet it does. So, we have another option, sweet! 😃

PhillipOrdonez

13 Jan 2019

mjxl wrote:
13 Jan 2019
KirkMarkarian wrote:
12 Jan 2019

Where is that panel on kompulsion? I cannot find where to set the delay to subtract.

rcbuse
RE Developer

13 Jan 2019

Boombastix wrote:
12 Jan 2019
I made an attempt at this a while back and found it to be quite difficult. First, it broke backwards compatibility on the patches. Second, implementing a look-ahead for negative delays started to get crazy with all the different repeats, directions, and mixers. So, this is still on the backlog for further consideration because it is a good idea, but I'm not sure if this particular feature is going to make it.

rcbuse
RE Developer

13 Jan 2019

mjxl wrote:
13 Jan 2019
KirkMarkarian wrote:
12 Jan 2019

Unfortunately that isn't going to work, internally the delay would be clamped to zero.

• Information