Any coders here? In need of a little help!

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
chimp_spanner

09 Jan 2019

Hey everyone! Bit of a long shot but here's the rub. I used to have a utility which someone very kindly coded for me over lunch. It would allow me to select multiple WAV files and assign ACID WAV attributes to them. In the process of wiping my laptop, I lost the program and stupidly had not backed it up anywhere.

I know there are a few of you around here who know your stuff and I'd be happy to compensate for your time if need be! The original was coded simply by me sending an example of the un-altered WAV file, and then an ACID WAV version of the same file. From that he was able to produce a small runnable that allows me to tag multiple files with key, tempo, and other information specific to ACID WAV files. Thanks so much in advance for any help!

Re8et
Competition Winner

12 Jan 2019

What kind of vaping did you do?? hot tubes? window throwing? Stone drilling?>?
Is the drive accessible somehow??

WongoTheSane

12 Jan 2019

Would it be possible for you to post two files, a normal one and an acidized one? Also, when you say "assign attributes", how did that work? Is it the program adding tags automatically from something that is already in the file, or did you have to fill out a form, drop the wav files on it and then the files would be tagged with the tags you filled out?

chimp_spanner

12 Jan 2019

WongoTheSane wrote:
12 Jan 2019
Would it be possible for you to post two files, a normal one and an acidized one? Also, when you say "assign attributes", how did that work? Is it the program adding tags automatically from something that is already in the file, or did you have to fill out a form, drop the wav files on it and then the files would be tagged with the tags you filled out?
Hey Wongo! Here ya go;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7mo1pdmsj39fs ... f.zip?dl=0

The way it used to work was I'd add a bunch of files from a folder, sort by size so it'd naturally group all of the 8/16/32/etc. beat loops. Then I could select one or more and use a dropdown to select key (or choose "no root key") and manually type in the number of beats. There's also a tickbox for one-shot files. Then I could check the results in Sony ACID which, despite being the only program that officially writes that data, is unable to process multiple files.

WongoTheSane

13 Jan 2019

Thanks! No promise but I'm going to have a look :)

• Information