Bass frequency transparency

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Zac

11 Jan 2019

I just bought myself a cheap pair of bluetooth headphones... beltron hd800... after fiddling with various songs and genres, i started playing with my android player EQ

A long story short, I decided the 50mm drivers must be a bit 'stiff'. The highs and mids are fine but the sub bass is lacking and the bass and low mids are boxy. Kind of like having a bluetooth speaker strapped to your head.

I imagine if the cones were more flexible the low frequencies could power through more? And not be so 200 to 500hz boxy?

Ok, thanks for staying with me...

Is this a believeable idea? If so is there an easy way i can make my mixes have less stiff speaker sounds for bass freqs?

I have been drinking. Just so you know ;)

guitfnky

11 Jan 2019

I know speakers can have a 'breaking in' period. sounds like the real problem though is you might be expecting a bit too much from the headphones. ;)
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Zac

11 Jan 2019

guitfnky wrote:
11 Jan 2019
I know speakers can have a 'breaking in' period. sounds like the real problem though is you might be expecting a bit too much from the headphones. ;)
I just woke up with them still going strong. £13.99 used on ebay. Amazing. Cabled if needed too. I sooo like that option.

With poweramp on android i can save an eq for all my headphones. Happy days xx

guitfnky

11 Jan 2019

well yeah, just because they’re cheap doesn’t mean they won’t necessarily last you a while. the problem is you’re not likely to get the best quality speaker drivers on very low-budget headphones.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

O1B

12 Jan 2019

- You can stay unplugged for up to 10 hours of wireless listening.
- 13% lighter than before and feature a stronger headband.

'Battery ' life expectations of 10 hours - and, they're light.

" the sub bass is lacking and the bass and low mids are boxy." sounds about Right.

Nice headphones for the quid, though .

minilog

13 Jan 2019

Zac wrote:
11 Jan 2019
I just bought myself a cheap pair of bluetooth headphones...
:?

• Information