Win update DAWs focusing???

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Re8et
Competition Winner

12 Jan 2019

https://ask.audio/articles/this-windows ... n-your-daw

How this apply to us Reasoner??
I haver no clues on how to read this news...

...There's 11th of january update related info whereby to upper Ask link big title of this:

FLS Slot Limit Increase
As PCs get more powerful, musicians have created increasingly complex projects with more tracks, more instruments, and deeper effects chains. As a result, some of those musicians were running up against a FLS (Fiber Local Storage) slot allocation ceiling that prevented them from loading into their DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations) as many unique plugins as they’d like. This build greatly raises that per-process FLS slot allocation ceiling, allowing loading potentially thousands of unique plugins. Beyond musicians, this change will positively impact any application that dynamically loads hundreds or thousands of unique DLLs that have statically-linked Visual C++ runtimes, or otherwise allocate FLS slots.

:idea: :idea: :idea: :?: :?: :?: I don't think this could make a huge difference then on low spec pc's, but I also do not run stuff like Studionone on my lappy (nor on my wortkstation either) to much compare .

Ask, quotes:

The limitation goes back to the Vista and XP timeframe. The reason folks are running into it now, is PCs have gotten so powerful, that musicians are hitting this limit where before they would simply run out of memory or CPU.”

end quote

demt

12 Jan 2019

onwards and upwards with windows 10 audio leading the way. its nice 2 max out. more vsts the better.
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Warnertet

17 Jan 2019

Does anybody know how to roll back an update on android? This new steam update is unusable.

• Information