Mac OSX: Individual Windows/Instances of Rack/Mixer/Sequencer

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Troublemecca

11 Jan 2019

So on PC I used to be able to get a separate process/window/instance when i detached the rack, so I was able to eg. place it on a separate screen. Rather than use the cumbersome f5,f6,f7 keys, now that i'm on OSX I would like to now use the 4 finger swipe left/right on the trackpad to switch between views on OSX, but alas, when you detach the rack in OSX it gets appended to a window WITHIN the one instance of Reason, with tabs at the top of this one window to choose between views, defeating me...

Help.

joeyluck

11 Jan 2019

I think it has to do with the order in which you do these things.

Sounds like you have it in full screen mode to start? I think you want to detach the windows first, then place each of them in full screen mode.

Troublemecca

11 Jan 2019

joeyluck wrote:
11 Jan 2019
I think it has to do with the order in which you do these things.

Sounds like you have it in full screen mode to start? I think you want to detach the windows first, then place each of them in full screen mode.
Thank you, that was maddening... the process to enable this feels unintuitive...spent about 5 minutes trying to just figure out how to get all three windows to appear at the same time... then full screen each one... but mission accomplished, and it works beautifully. Appreciate the response!

• Information