Guess the beta release date for Reason 10.3 ...

This forum is for discussing Propellerhead's music software. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
User avatar
Zac
Posts: 1522
Joined: 19 May 2016

Post 11 Jan 2019

No prizes, just a bit of fun :thumbs_up:

I'll go for 30th January.
Chilled Electronica - Autumn's End : see viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7514785

User avatar
Oquasec
Posts: 2525
Joined: 05 Mar 2017

Post 11 Jan 2019

I guess January 17th at the earliest.
Producer/Sound Designer.

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 6149
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 11 Jan 2019

I guess around end of january and beginning of february.
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

EdGrip
Posts: 1584
Joined: 03 Jun 2016

Post 11 Jan 2019

No new Reason version in 2018, they said. It's 2019 now. Anything could happen. ;)

Although presumably they'll need to do the VST-optimised 10.x update before anything else.

scratchnsnifff
Posts: 1329
Joined: 21 Sep 2016

Post 11 Jan 2019

EdGrip wrote:
11 Jan 2019
No new Reason version in 2018, they said. It's 2019 now. Anything could happen. ;)

Although presumably they'll need to do the VST-optimised 10.x update before anything else.
I do believe the props have a blog post stating that the 10 performance patch will be next. And that it got delayed. But in my own opinion I’d rather wait and have everything sorted.

In my personal case with vst. I really haven’t had much issue except for synthmaster crashing every now and again. I just hope this next update doesn’t break any performance for users who aren’t having much issue lol that would be quite the plot twist.

As far as other vst improvements, I do think the propellerhead vst and the vst wrapper absolutely needs the sample drag and drop feature for the use of vst. Folder diving can take way too long and can turn into a bunch of clicking. I have my favorite packs in the favorites section and it would be nice to be able to just drag them over :)

For now, my guess is also around late January because that last post they had stated something to the effect of “ it’s going better than expected but will take a little bit longer” so I’m assuming Reason will handle vst like other DAWs and my last guess is that it will also be free. As they stated all of the updates for 2018 would be free and this one was suppose to be during the previous year :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

User avatar
Noise
Posts: 172
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 11 Jan 2019

Thought this maybe interesting for window users:

Windows 10 Update, January 2019

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperi ... ild-18312/
FLS Slot Limit Increase
As PCs get more powerful, musicians have created increasingly complex projects with more tracks, more instruments, and deeper effects chains. As a result, some of those musicians were running up against a FLS (Fiber Local Storage) slot allocation ceiling that prevented them from loading into their DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations) as many unique plugins as they’d like. This build greatly raises that per-process FLS slot allocation ceiling, allowing loading potentially thousands of unique plugins. Beyond musicians, this change will positively impact any application that dynamically loads hundreds or thousands of unique DLLs that have statically-linked Visual C++ runtimes, or otherwise allocate FLS slots.

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 1443
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 11 Jan 2019

Oquasec wrote:
11 Jan 2019
I guess January 17th at the earliest.
I’m thinking the same, since that’s the day Allihoopa shuts down, and they’ll presumably need to release an update to remove the button.

User avatar
Oquasec
Posts: 2525
Joined: 05 Mar 2017

Post 11 Jan 2019

Yeah it feels like there will be news round that time unless they have something else in the works.
Producer/Sound Designer.

User avatar
xylyx
Posts: 172
Joined: 11 Feb 2015

Post 11 Jan 2019

As they love Reason users and also like uniformity, it will be released on February 14th. At 14.14 CET.

antic604

Post 11 Jan 2019

Zac wrote:
11 Jan 2019
No prizes, just a bit of fun :thumbs_up:

I'll go for 30th January.
Make it a poll with weeks leading up to the end of Q1.

jlgrimes
Posts: 366
Joined: 06 Jun 2017

Post 11 Jan 2019

Zac wrote:
11 Jan 2019
No prizes, just a bit of fun :thumbs_up:

I'll go for 30th January.
January 14, 2020

User avatar
nscerri
Posts: 84
Joined: 01 Apr 2015
Location: Malta

Post 11 Jan 2019

Noise wrote:
11 Jan 2019
Thought this maybe interesting for window users:

Windows 10 Update, January 2019

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperi ... ild-18312/
FLS Slot Limit Increase
As PCs get more powerful, musicians have created increasingly complex projects with more tracks, more instruments, and deeper effects chains. As a result, some of those musicians were running up against a FLS (Fiber Local Storage) slot allocation ceiling that prevented them from loading into their DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations) as many unique plugins as they’d like. This build greatly raises that per-process FLS slot allocation ceiling, allowing loading potentially thousands of unique plugins. Beyond musicians, this change will positively impact any application that dynamically loads hundreds or thousands of unique DLLs that have statically-linked Visual C++ runtimes, or otherwise allocate FLS slots.
Thanks for sharing, this is really interesting news and deserve a dedicated post.

User avatar
PeZiK
Posts: 26
Joined: 18 Jan 2015
Location: Iceland

Post 11 Jan 2019

1st of april 2019...

User avatar
Zac
Posts: 1522
Joined: 19 May 2016

Post 11 Jan 2019

PeZiK wrote:
11 Jan 2019
1st of april 2019...
I see what you did there ;)
Chilled Electronica - Autumn's End : see viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7514785

User avatar
EnochLight
Posts: 5849
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: your mom

Post 11 Jan 2019

nscerri wrote:
11 Jan 2019
Noise wrote:
11 Jan 2019
Thought this maybe interesting for window users:

Windows 10 Update, January 2019

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperi ... ild-18312/

Thanks for sharing, this is really interesting news and deserve a dedicated post.
You mean like the one I started here? :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7510541
Win 10 | Reason 11 |  Studio One 4.5 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live | Roland System 8 and System 1 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland VT-4 | Roland MX-1

User avatar
AttenuationHz
Posts: 1881
Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Location: Back of the Rack-1

Post 11 Jan 2019

12th or 19th March
Waiting for Navigation by Routing to be added! viewtopic.php?p=275484#p275484f=6&t=749 ... 97#p275497
:refill: http://rwrd.io/qx9m5wx Referral!

User avatar
Zac
Posts: 1522
Joined: 19 May 2016

Post 11 Jan 2019

AttenuationHz wrote:
11 Jan 2019
12th or 19th March
Whoa! Really? That would be well wide of the original statement. But i guess they didn't publicise the internal bandwidth for nothing. I just hope you are way looooong.
Chilled Electronica - Autumn's End : see viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7514785

fretshot7
Posts: 345
Joined: 02 Apr 2018

Post 11 Jan 2019

feb 29th 2019 😀

User avatar
AttenuationHz
Posts: 1881
Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Location: Back of the Rack-1

Post 11 Jan 2019

Zac wrote:
11 Jan 2019
AttenuationHz wrote:
11 Jan 2019
12th or 19th March
Whoa! Really? That would be well wide of the original statement. But i guess they didn't publicise the internal bandwidth for nothing. I just hope you are way looooong.
Yeah but I won't be disappointed! :D
Waiting for Navigation by Routing to be added! viewtopic.php?p=275484#p275484f=6&t=749 ... 97#p275497
:refill: http://rwrd.io/qx9m5wx Referral!

User avatar
Zac
Posts: 1522
Joined: 19 May 2016

Post 11 Jan 2019

AttenuationHz wrote:
11 Jan 2019
Zac wrote:
11 Jan 2019


Whoa! Really? That would be well wide of the original statement. But i guess they didn't publicise the internal bandwidth for nothing. I just hope you are way looooong.
Yeah but I won't be disappointed! :D
Good point. If they do a good job i won't be disappointed either. Whenever it is.
Chilled Electronica - Autumn's End : see viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7514785

User avatar
ProfessaKaos
Posts: 313
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post 11 Jan 2019

Beta will start 26th Jan, go for a month, release 26th Feb.
:reason: 10 PC- Windows 10, Intel 6800k, x99A-II, 32GB RAM, M.2. Samsung 970EVO, GTX1060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 2015
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 11 Jan 2019

please please please... fix optimization on racks... don't use vst... racks keep running out of steam and like after 3 minor racks

Popey
Posts: 116
Joined: 04 Jul 2018

Post 12 Jan 2019

ProfessaKaos wrote:
11 Jan 2019
Beta will start 26th Jan, go for a month, release 26th Feb.
This would work for me as hopefully Massive X will be released about this time 👍😊

User avatar
flightONE
Posts: 67
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 16 Jan 2019

Popey wrote:
12 Jan 2019
ProfessaKaos wrote:
11 Jan 2019
Beta will start 26th Jan, go for a month, release 26th Feb.
This would work for me as hopefully Massive X will be released about this time 👍😊
Wasn't Massive X delayed till june??? :(...

Popey
Posts: 116
Joined: 04 Jul 2018

Post 16 Jan 2019

flightONE wrote:
16 Jan 2019
Popey wrote:
12 Jan 2019


This would work for me as hopefully Massive X will be released about this time 👍😊
Wasn't Massive X delayed till june??? :(...
Your right. I didnt know they had changed the release date until your post, just seen it online.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Yandex [Bot] and 7 guests