Recording "The Echo" activities

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
djgroovecellar

10 Jan 2019

Dear All

I created for a Song the Drumline with Dr. Octo Rex. (Drums Complet)
In order that I can downmix the kick, snare and tops separately I added 3 Mixchannels (Kick, Snare, Tops) and rooted every loop Slice to the right channel.

Than I opened for the Snare Mix-Channel the effect "The Echo" including a separately Echo track. Now when i move the ROLL button I can here the results but it is not possible to record it. When I push the record button and than move the ROLL or other buttons nothing is recorded.

Does anyone have an idea how I can record effect activities on a Mix-Channel?

Thank you very much
Pascal[/img]
Attachments
Rreason Snip.PNG
Rreason Snip.PNG (245.58 KiB) Viewed 486 times

WongoTheSane

11 Jan 2019

You did select the Echo track in the track list before recording, did you? Because if the track "Drums Complet" is selected, it won't record The Echo changes. The little red indicator shows you which track is armed for recording:

echo.PNG
echo.PNG (4.04 KiB) Viewed 462 times

djgroovecellar

19 Jan 2019

Thank you very much, the problem is solved.

Strange, until now i never had to activate that indicator in order to record. I always selectet the echo track and than I was able to record.

Cheers Pascal

WongoTheSane

19 Jan 2019

It might be because you recently changed the "Master Keyboard" setting in Preferences? Once you set it to "Separated", the track isn't selected automatically anymore when you click on the device.

surfaces.PNG
surfaces.PNG (63.08 KiB) Viewed 415 times

AnneL

14 Feb 2019

After choosing just an instrument in Reason (10), f.e. a beat in dr. octo rex, I want to use some echo with The Echo. I can hear the effects while playing f.e. the role effect. But I can not record any effect. What am I doing wrong? Please help me step by step, I am just a beginner.
Many Thanks,
Anne

Loque

14 Feb 2019

AnneL wrote:
14 Feb 2019
After choosing just an instrument in Reason (10), f.e. a beat in dr. octo rex, I want to use some echo with The Echo. I can hear the effects while playing f.e. the role effect. But I can not record any effect. What am I doing wrong? Please help me step by step, I am just a beginner.
Many Thanks,
Anne
Read the post above from WongoTheSane. You need to "arm" the track of The Echo and if there isn't one, you need to create one first.
Reason12, Win10

• Information