[Breakcore/Braindance] Logical Pocket - Sndyndl

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
logicalpocket

08 Nov 2018

This started as a lazy Sunday afternoon noodle on my volca bass but somehow I lost control :P

Blep

AS7RO

08 Nov 2018

gotta love the chaos but some parts are kind of in harmony nonetheless
Why are you reading this?

Auryn

15 Nov 2018

Once again some seriously amazing programming man, hats off.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

MannequinRaces

15 Nov 2018

Fun stuff! Thanks for sharing!

MannequinRaces

16 Nov 2018

Do you program your parts in the sequencer by hand or use Redrum, REs, etc. for the beats?

logicalpocket

17 Nov 2018

AS7RO wrote:
08 Nov 2018
gotta love the chaos but some parts are kind of in harmony nonetheless
I'm all about the chaos ;)
Auryn wrote:
15 Nov 2018
Once again some seriously amazing programming man, hats off.
Thank you kindly
MannequinRaces wrote:
16 Nov 2018
Do you program your parts in the sequencer by hand or use Redrum, REs, etc. for the beats?
Thanks. I normally do a mixture. I'll often have a simple backbone that I program into redrum and program the secondary percussion into the sequencer. I think this one was all manually added to the sequencer though. I normally bounce to wav files and edit the beats further from there as well.
Blep

MannequinRaces

17 Nov 2018

logicalpocket wrote:
17 Nov 2018
AS7RO wrote:
08 Nov 2018
Thanks. I normally do a mixture. I'll often have a simple backbone that I program into redrum and program the secondary percussion into the sequencer. I think this one was all manually added to the sequencer though. I normally bounce to wav files and edit the beats further from there as well.
Sweet! What kind of editing do you do after you bounce to wav? Slice up the audio, effects?

logicalpocket

17 Nov 2018

MannequinRaces wrote:
17 Nov 2018
logicalpocket wrote:
17 Nov 2018

Sweet! What kind of editing do you do after you bounce to wav? Slice up the audio, effects?
All sorts :P Transient editing, pitch shifting, time stretching, tempo alterations. I love creating weird polyrythms by taking a small segment of a beat and repeating it in subdivisions of the time signature. You can also do a fun pseudo-granular and glitch effects by breaking individual beats into multiple parts and repeating them in weird intervals :)

I like getting really involved with the beat editing.
Blep

MannequinRaces

17 Nov 2018

Awesome! Thanks again and nice work. Not sure if I follow you on SoundCloud but if I don’t I will now. Do you think Reason needs improvements to audio editing?

logicalpocket

21 Nov 2018

MannequinRaces wrote:
17 Nov 2018
Awesome! Thanks again and nice work. Not sure if I follow you on SoundCloud but if I don’t I will now. Do you think Reason needs improvements to audio editing?
I don't that anything 'needs' improving. There are lots of professional artists who achieve amazing things with Reason's audio editing. That said, it would be really useful to have the BPM and timestretching features from Ableton where you can choose to analyse the BPM of a sample/track as you bring it in and fit it to the tempo of your project accordingly.

There's definitely a lot to be said for learning to work with limitations. My best tracks tend to be the ones where I force arbitrary rules on myself :)
Blep

Bloma

05 Dec 2018

Cool stuff. That wah synth on shrt... reminds me of Arched Maid via RDJ.

logicalpocket

10 Jan 2019

Bloma wrote:
05 Dec 2018
Cool stuff. That wah synth on shrt... reminds me of Arched Maid via RDJ.
Yeah I see what you mean! I hadn't listened to that in years. Weirdly I think the melody in that track reminds me way more of Mike Paradinas than RDJs normal stuff :P
Blep

• Information