Kuassa conundrum

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Dec 2018

Can someone please explain this for me. I add a Kuassa amp to an audio track and get sound coming out of both left and right speakers. I add any Kuassa effect and once again get sound out of both speakers. If however I bypass the amp I only get sound from the left speaker. I flipped the rack and saw that the right input on the amp has nothing connected. Dragging a cable to the audio track gives me sound in both speakers again when the amp is bypassed. I'm pretty unversed in this so can somebody please tell me. Thanks :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

05 Dec 2018

If everything was stereo and a connection got lost when you dropped the RE, its probably a biug on the RE.

Try to reproduce and send to Kuassa.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Dec 2018

Hmmm...it's not just Kuassa. It's Softube too. If I go to the track in the sequencer and select stereo input then both the right and left connect to the inputs on the amp. That said when I record I only get the left channel recording. Guessing that's to do with the inputs on my soundcard.

Edit: Sorry. Not Softube. Just Kuassa
Last edited by MrFigg on 05 Dec 2018, edited 1 time in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

selig
RE Developer

05 Dec 2018

This appears to be a bug with Kussa's bypass circuit. On the back panel, the second routing diagram shows that a mono input is fed to both left and right output. This is because you can pan the virtual microphones in the cabinet section of the device.

Notice that if you put the amp in an insert, and bypass it there it works as intended. Also, compare to other mono/stereo devices such as The Echo or the RV7000 - with a mono input and stereo output, bypassing the device keeps the sound centered (unlike with the Kussa amps). I tested all three guitar amps plus the bass amp, and they all have the same bug.

Definitely contact them and let them know this is not the "Reason way"! ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Dec 2018

selig wrote:
05 Dec 2018
This appears to be a bug with Kussa's bypass circuit. On the back panel, the second routing diagram shows that a mono input is fed to both left and right output. This is because you can pan the virtual microphones in the cabinet section of the device.

Notice that if you put the amp in an insert, and bypass it there it works as intended. Also, compare to other mono/stereo devices such as The Echo or the RV7000 - with a mono input and stereo output, bypassing the device keeps the sound centered (unlike with the Kussa amps). I tested all three guitar amps plus the bass amp, and they all have the same bug.

Definitely contact them and let them know this is not the "Reason way"! ;)
Thanks Giles. I thought it was just me missing something. In any case I’ve mailed them so we’ll see what they say.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

esselfortium

05 Dec 2018

Funny timing, I actually just emailed them about this same bug this morning! Hopefully they’ll get it taken care of.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Dec 2018

esselfortium wrote:
05 Dec 2018
Funny timing, I actually just emailed them about this same bug this morning! Hopefully they’ll get it taken care of.
Yeah. It's weird I never noticed it before.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dimi

09 Dec 2018

Thanks for the reports guys!
It's already forwarded to the developer team!

Best regards,
Dimi

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Jan 2019

dimi wrote:
09 Dec 2018
Thanks for the reports guys!
It's already forwarded to the developer team!

Best regards,
Dimi
Hi Dimi. Any idea how they’re coming along with fixing this? :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

cognitive

09 Jan 2019

Am I the only one who saw the thread title and thought that the "Kuassa Conundrum" was going to be a new RE in the shop?

:D

Loque

09 Jan 2019

cognitive wrote:
09 Jan 2019
Am I the only one who saw the thread title and thought that the "Kuassa Conundrum" was going to be a new RE in the shop?

No. WTF?
Reason12, Win10

BRIGGS

09 Jan 2019

cognitive wrote:
09 Jan 2019

....or, which one to buy! :puf_smile:
r11s

eusti

09 Jan 2019

I’ve tried to get ahold of their support for a bit now, what is the usual response time?

D.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Jan 2019

eusti wrote:
09 Jan 2019
I’ve tried to get ahold of their support for a bit now, what is the usual response time?

D.
When I’ve written to them in the past they’ve replied same day or day after. They’re really nice people. Are you contacting them about that bug or about something else if you don’t mind me asking?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

eusti

09 Jan 2019

MrFigg wrote:
09 Jan 2019
When I’ve written to them in the past they’ve replied same day or day after. They’re really nice people. Are you contacting them about that bug or about something else if you don’t mind me asking?
Ah, ok. I‘ve contacted them mainly because I seem to have misplaced my Creme and Vermillion VST licenses. And secondly I couldn’t sign up to their member area to redolve that issue... Thirdly, I was curious about possible crossgrade options as I have most of their REs, but will shift some of my processing to Cubase now...

D.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Jan 2019

eusti wrote:
09 Jan 2019
MrFigg wrote:
09 Jan 2019
Ah, ok. I‘ve contacted them mainly because I seem to have misplaced my Creme and Vermillion VST licenses. And secondly I couldn’t sign up to their member area to redolve that issue... Thirdly, I was curious about possible crossgrade options as I have most of their REs, but will shift some of my processing to Cubase now...

D.
Aaa. Ok. Well like I said, they’re usually pretty prompt. That said also, Dimi usually chimes in pretty quick here on Kuassa related stuff and there’s no sign of him.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

11 Jan 2019

Read the title. Was excited for the new Kuassa RE called Conundrum. Feeling disappointed.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Jan 2019

HOOIIIII!!!! KUASSA!!!! What’s happening with the bug fixing?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

WillyOD

29 Jan 2019

Has someone posted this bug on their Facebook or Twitter, just somewhere more public?

@Dimi, it's probably not even your job, but an update would be great. I've got most of Kuassa's REs but I'm not touching Caliburn before these bugs are fixed.

Also lack of communication makes your company look bad (even though this is not an official forum for Kuassa, but just based on your past communications on this forum). Just an update (we're working on it but it got delayed, we're updating other REs at the same time so this will take months still, we've abandoned all hope, anything...) once or twice month would do.
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Jan 2019

They’ve been emailed by a number of people. No response.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

29 Jan 2019

Maybe Singapore is under water or an earthquake?
Reason12, Win10

dimi

25 Apr 2019

Hi guys, sorry for the delay! I will talk with development team today!
Best regards,
Dimi

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Jul 2019

Bypass Bug fixed!!!!! Finally!!!! Yay!!!!! :):):):):):)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dimi

12 Jul 2019

Amplifikation Caliburn (Rack Extension) updated to v1.0.6:

Bypass behaviour on mono to stereo connection fixed.

• Information