McDSP FRG-EEE EQ knob quick changes not registering

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
kuhliloach

05 Jan 2019

Ever try the FRG-EEE and notice your changes aren't doing anything? This may be an old bug but I finally realize the behavior. Moving the knobs too fast, both "GAIN" and "FREQ" knobs, results in no changes to the sound. However, moving the knobs slowly you can then hear the EQ changing the sound. Can anyone repeat?
Last edited by kuhliloach on 06 Jan 2019, edited 1 time in total.

TheGodOfRainbows

06 Jan 2019

kuhliloach wrote:
05 Jan 2019
Ever try the FRG-EEE and notice your changes aren't doing anything? This may be an old bug but I finally realise the behavior. Moving the knobs too fast, both "GAIN" and "FREQ" knobs, results in no changes to the sound. However, moving the knobs slowly you can then hear the EQ changing the sound. Can anyone repeat?
It is a known bug that they have never done anything about. Very lame that they know about and just won't fix it.
Here's the thread where it is documented:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7479270&hilit=mcdsp+eq+knobs

tanni

06 Jan 2019

So, on their website McDSP talk themselfs "McDSP Professional Audio plugins". They didnt fix this bugs after years ? Such behavior is not only not professional, its an impudence from that company. No bugfixing after years, come on. And propellerheads sells these plugins still in their shop and they know about this. Another impudence and a no go.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Jan 2019

Yeah it sucks but it's still a good RE though. Imo it's worth getting despite the bug.

FLVZ

06 Jan 2019

tanni wrote:
06 Jan 2019
So, on their website McDSP talk themselfs "McDSP Professional Audio plugins". They didnt fix this bugs after years ? Such behavior is not only not professional, its an impudence from that company. No bugfixing after years, come on. And propellerheads sells these plugins still in their shop and they know about this. Another impudence and a no go.
I have to agree here. A few companies are being allowed to get away with not fixing reported bugs here. Surely Props must see how this will affect the perception of their store. The TubeTech channel strip by Softube has also had a bug for years, and to say its the most expensive RE and they don't look anything like fixing it is just a little scandalous! I'm a little off-put to find this out about McDSP, I've been considering buying one of their compressors, good job I found this out in advance!

Loque

06 Jan 2019

Flavolous wrote:
06 Jan 2019
tanni wrote:
06 Jan 2019
I have to agree here. A few companies are being allowed to get away with not fixing reported bugs here. Surely Props must see how this will affect the perception of their store. The TubeTech channel strip by Softube has also had a bug for years, and to say its the most expensive RE and they don't look anything like fixing it is just a little scandalous! I'm a little off-put to find this out about McDSP, I've been considering buying one of their compressors, good job I found this out in advance!
There are more known bugs or problems not fixed yet in other RE. AFAIK the problem is, they left the RE business and do not have any developer. To to make it clear, most of those companies are not interested in RE business anymore. But from my POV i am not interested in their stuff at all anymore ;) Softube is actually totally overpriced, McDSP loses the connection and some of their latest called price tags on new devices are redicoulus, iZotope loses the rally vs FabFilter...guess their general marketing strategy is questionable in the last years...
Reason12, Win10

kuhliloach

06 Jan 2019

Thanks... I still think it's worth it. A great EQ and now I know how to make it work. Hopefully a fix is coming soon.

FLVZ

06 Jan 2019

Loque wrote:
06 Jan 2019
Flavolous wrote:
06 Jan 2019

There are more known bugs or problems not fixed yet in other RE. AFAIK the problem is, they left the RE business and do not have any developer. To to make it clear, most of those companies are not interested in RE business anymore. But from my POV i am not interested in their stuff at all anymore ;) Softube is actually totally overpriced, McDSP loses the connection and some of their latest called price tags on new devices are redicoulus, iZotope loses the rally vs FabFilter...guess their general marketing strategy is questionable in the last years...
Fair enough, I guess a disclaimer would be a welcome addition to the pages of those developers who have gone more than a year without releasing bug fixes so at least the person purchasing buys knowing that development on the products has stopped.

tanni

07 Jan 2019

Fair enough, I guess a disclaimer would be a welcome addition to the pages of those developers who have gone more than a year without releasing bug fixes so at least the person purchasing buys knowing that development on the products has stopped.
:thumbs_up:

Some developers are so honest and ask propellerheads for taking their RE from the shop, because they cant do a support any more (for example: u-he).

• Information