Do you think Liam Howlett owns the latest copy of Reason?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
fullforce

04 Jan 2019

Heigen5 wrote:
03 Jan 2019
fullforce wrote:
03 Jan 2019

Why?
When he praised Reason, it was Reason 4, so think where this program has got since then. VST support + all the REs should do everything he really ever needs. ? He can use hardware and record audio, that was not possible when he created "never outgunned always outnumbered".
Which is exactly why he used it, because it was compact. It's not anymore. Now it's just another DAW with some sorely lacking features.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

fullforce

04 Jan 2019

guitfnky wrote:
03 Jan 2019
"creation is always painful"?

he's doing it wrong. :lol:
No he's not. It's hard work. Everybody can fuck around with a 4 or 8 bar loop, but making a coherent song is an entirely different story.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

guitfnky

04 Jan 2019

fullforce wrote:
04 Jan 2019
guitfnky wrote:
03 Jan 2019
"creation is always painful"?

he's doing it wrong. :lol:
No he's not. It's hard work. Everybody can fuck around with a 4 or 8 bar loop, but making a coherent song is an entirely different story.
I’ve been writing coherent songs for 20 years. it IS hard work, but it’s NEVER painful. if it is...you’re doing it wrong. 🙃
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

fullforce

04 Jan 2019

guitfnky wrote:
04 Jan 2019
I’ve been writing coherent songs for 20 years. it IS hard work, but it’s NEVER painful. if it is...you’re doing it wrong. 🙃
I'm sure you're on exactly the same level as he is.

guitfnky

04 Jan 2019

fullforce wrote:
04 Jan 2019
guitfnky wrote:
04 Jan 2019
it’s not a contest.

but yeah, I’m not afraid to put my music up against anyone’s. I don’t always hit the mark, but I’m quite confident in the overall quality of my work. :)

aeox
Competition Winner

04 Jan 2019

fullforce wrote:
04 Jan 2019
guitfnky wrote:
04 Jan 2019
Irrelevant.. there are many artists technically far past Liam's "level". However you might measure such a thing is beyond me. I mean, is it measured by youtube views? networth? By those standards Lil pump is way beyond Liam :lol:

So you can't just spew nonsense like that. Besides, there are MANY famous artists who would agree with guitfnky.

The fact that someone thinks creating music is painful is beyond my comprehension and goes against everything I know and love about making music.

Maybe he's burnt out from all the LSD, shrooms, MDMA, and cocaine over the years? Possible that he has some horrible hearing loss from not wearing earplugs, etc. Who knows?

fullforce

04 Jan 2019

aeox wrote:
04 Jan 2019
Irrelevant.. there are many artists technically far past Liam's "level". However you might measure such a thing is beyond me. I mean, is it measured by youtube views? networth? By those standards Lil pump is way beyond Liam :lol:
Yeah that's exactly it. You go play now.

fullforce

04 Jan 2019

guitfnky wrote:
04 Jan 2019
fullforce wrote:
04 Jan 2019

it’s not a contest.

but yeah, I’m not afraid to put my music up against anyone’s. I don’t always hit the mark, but I’m quite confident in the overall quality of my work. :)
Narcissism. My favorite flaw.

aeox
Competition Winner

04 Jan 2019

fullforce wrote:
04 Jan 2019
aeox wrote:
04 Jan 2019
Yeah that's exactly it. You go play now.
;)

stephensmattlee

04 Jan 2019

Huge long time Prodigy fan. Have to admit I’ve been a bit underwhelmed by their last few albums. The new one was a bit too short and safe catering to a live audience. Got Music for the Jilted Generation on vinyl and it’s still one of my favourite all time albums. Fat of the Land had some amazing tracks but I really loved the darker vibes of Jilted.
I could be wrong but I wouldn’t be surprised if Liam used Reason whilst on the road during the Invaders tour as he did a few remixes for other artists and clearly had a very limited set up with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guitfnky

04 Jan 2019

fullforce wrote:
04 Jan 2019
guitfnky wrote:
04 Jan 2019

it’s not a contest.

Narcissism. My favorite flaw.
nah, hard-earned confidence. took me a loooooong, LONG time to get to that point, and I still second guess certain aspects of what I do. I assume I always will. you can check some of my stuff out and make up your own mind, if you want. may or may not be your cup of tea, and either way, that’s okay.

fullforce

04 Jan 2019

stephensmattlee wrote:
04 Jan 2019
Huge long time Prodigy fan. Have to admit I’ve been a bit underwhelmed by their last few albums. The new one was a bit too short and safe catering to a live audience. Got Music for the Jilted Generation on vinyl and it’s still one of my favourite all time albums. Fat of the Land had some amazing tracks but I really loved the darker vibes of Jilted.
I could be wrong but I wouldn’t be surprised if Liam used Reason whilst on the road during the Invaders tour as he did a few remixes for other artists and clearly had a very limited set up with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
New album is too short by far, but has some amazing tracks. Fight fire with fire is my favorite, it's so freaking vicious, i love it. Jilted was a landmark in electronic music. There is no album from any band like it. Fat of the Land was of course really good, but wasn't as eclectic as Jilted was. Jilted had everything.

But I also like Always Outnumbered. Hot Ride is fantastic. And my fav track is Action Radar. It's so hard, so vicious and punk. Girls (the single) is actually one of the weaker songs on it.

Heigen5

05 Jan 2019

People seen The Prodigy Live? I saw them in Tallinn. They mostly performed the older stuff and not Always Outnumbered. Propably Outnumbered isn't as dancable then the older stuff.

fullforce

05 Jan 2019

Heigen5 wrote:
05 Jan 2019
People seen The Prodigy Live? I saw them in Tallinn. They mostly performed the older stuff and not Always Outnumbered. Propably Outnumbered isn't as dancable then the older stuff.
I saw them do Action Radar live in Amsterdam and it was awesome. And "dancable"? In what way? Moshpit?

EdGrip

05 Jan 2019

Again, I think he just doesn't like Outnumbered very much. It was a solo project, made during a period where the band had split up by default, and I think it was just generally a bit of a wilderness/bad vibes time. There's lots on there that I like.

Oquasec

06 Jan 2019

Seems like Windows & Mac actually should be set to RGB instead of YUV.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

fullforce

06 Jan 2019

Oquasec wrote:
06 Jan 2019
Stop smoking crack.

Oquasec

06 Jan 2019

You do know those settings actually affect your PC right?YUV is not used on computers & PC monitors as far as I know.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

qn5

06 Jan 2019

guitfnky wrote:
04 Jan 2019
fullforce wrote:
04 Jan 2019

Everyone has different creation methods. For some... it's a battle against your doubts, fears and anxiety. I can relate.
Brian Wilson essentially lost his mind trying to create Smile (the drugs didn't help but still). Artists are a self-flagellating bunch... it's not unheard of.
To say it isn't painful for some is to ignore masterpieces created by those who struggle with themselves.
Liam is a genius... doesn't surprise me.
QN5 MUSIC
qn5.com

aeox
Competition Winner

06 Jan 2019

Oquasec wrote:
06 Jan 2019
You do know those settings actually affect your PC right?YUV is not used on computers & PC monitors as far as I know.
Wrong thread :)

EnochLight

07 Jan 2019

Oquasec wrote:
06 Jan 2019
What does that have to do with The Prodigy or Liam Howlett?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Heigen5

07 Jan 2019

EnochLight wrote:
07 Jan 2019
Oquasec wrote:
06 Jan 2019
What does that have to do with The Prodigy or Liam Howlett?
Everything has to do with The Prodigy. Sorry, couldn't resist. :mrgreen:

EnochLight

07 Jan 2019

fullforce wrote:
06 Jan 2019
Oquasec wrote:
06 Jan 2019
Stop smoking crack.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Creativemind

07 Jan 2019

Short answer - Yes I would think so.

I doubt he has financial restrictions so why wouldn't he just upgrade every major release?

He'll be on Reason 10.2 I reckon.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Heigen5

07 Jan 2019

Creativemind wrote:
07 Jan 2019
Short answer - Yes I would think so.

I doubt he has financial restrictions so why wouldn't he just upgrade every major release?

He'll be on Reason 10.2 I reckon.
Yeah, my quess as well. As a sidenote: how would you do, if you'd be as famous as The Prodigy - would you use internet like you already do?

• Information