Better than Vocaloid?

Discuss VST stuff here!
raymondh

12 Nov 2018

There's a new vocal synth in development, called EMVOICE.
Early versions are Mac only at this stage, PC still in development...

eg

Ahornberg

12 Nov 2018

raymondh wrote:
12 Nov 2018

eg
Incredible sound... but for Mac only.

eusti

12 Nov 2018

Just played around with emvoice... Really, really nice!
Especially when used with a bunch of FX... Lofi, delay, reverb... This might be useful! :)

D.

joeyluck

12 Nov 2018

raymondh wrote:
12 Nov 2018
This is fantastic! Sounds really great.

I use the text-to-speech (speaking) voices on macOS for sound design (you can download plenty more voices for all kind of accents and languages via Accessibility in System Preferences) and they have gotten really really good. I was wondering when something like this might come along...I have alter ego which is fun and useful for a very particular artificial voice sound, but this is pretty cool. I guess this slipped under my radar. Thanks for the heads up!

Boombastix
Competition Winner

12 Nov 2018

PC version in about 3mo. [emoji851]

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Ahornberg

12 Nov 2018

Boombastix wrote:
12 Nov 2018

good news

eusti

12 Nov 2018

joeyluck wrote:
12 Nov 2018
I really like this example :thumbup:

Agreed! It's pretty neat. I'm surprised though that I like the plugin much better singing than speaking... :P
D.

aeox
Competition Winner

12 Nov 2018

Slap autotune/vocoder on IBM Waston and call it a day (don't do this)

imjacksmusicalego

16 Nov 2018

Have you given iZotope VocalSynth a try? I got the demo version off Splice. Seems like a very solid vocal synth so far

joeyluck

16 Nov 2018

imjacksmusicalego wrote:
16 Nov 2018
Have you given iZotope VocalSynth a try? I got the demo version off Splice. Seems like a very solid vocal synth so far
That's different. Vocaloid and other examples here are text-to-speech type, singing synths, where the entire vocal is synthesized.

joeyluck

16 Nov 2018

Ahornberg wrote:
12 Nov 2018
Boombastix wrote:
12 Nov 2018

good news
Also good news for macOS/Reason users... along with that Windows release, a VST version will be made available for macOS (right now it's just AU)

eusti

16 Nov 2018

joeyluck wrote:
16 Nov 2018
Ahornberg wrote:
12 Nov 2018

good news
Also good news for macOS/Reason users... along with that Windows release, a VST version will be made available for macOS (right now it's just AU)
Cool. Good to know! I tested in Garageband.

D.

joeyluck

16 Nov 2018

eusti wrote:
16 Nov 2018
joeyluck wrote:
16 Nov 2018

Cool. Good to know! I tested in Garageband.

D.
Yeah same here!

RodolpheO

11 Dec 2018

There's a new of Emvoice One with lead and background vocals, and even a bit of (light) scat :)

Full disclosure: I'm the CEO of Emvoice, feel free to ask me if you have any question regarding this plugin. We wanted to show an example of what you can with Emvoice One in terms of vocal arrangements. We're still working on the PC beta, and on improving the speed and reliability of our plugin.

Razgriz_101

13 Dec 2018

Speaking of Vocaloids that don't sound too Japanese, I've recently found out about Alys, a French designed one. So far, I've been struggling to do something decent, but the issues come from the user, and not from the soft or hardware :mrgreen:
Of course, it's mostly aimed at singing in French, but you could give it a try if you want to do some baguette and croissant sounding cover of a song in another language.

joeyluck

15 Dec 2018

RodolpheO wrote:
11 Dec 2018
There's a new of Emvoice One with lead and background vocals, and even a bit of (light) scat :)

Full disclosure: I'm the CEO of Emvoice, feel free to ask me if you have any question regarding this plugin. We wanted to show an example of what you can with Emvoice One in terms of vocal arrangements. We're still working on the PC beta, and on improving the speed and reliability of our plugin.
Thanks for posting here! Looking forward to seeing where the plugin goes.

And looking forward to the VST versions on macOS and Windows, so we can use it with Reason :)

RodolpheO

16 Dec 2018

joeyluck wrote:
15 Dec 2018
Thanks for posting here! Looking forward to seeing where the plugin goes.

And looking forward to the VST versions on macOS and Windows, so we can use it with Reason :)
Yes the VST version is being tested right now :)

RodolpheO

02 Jan 2019

New teaser! I used Izotope Nectar 3 to mix the voice and wow, the "vocal assistant" is a nice feature. It basically listens to the voice and suggests settings accordingly. Thinking we should have something similar in Emvoice One :)

raymondh

02 Jan 2019

RodolpheO wrote:
02 Jan 2019
New teaser! I used Izotope Nectar 3 to mix the voice and wow, the "vocal assistant" is a nice feature. It basically listens to the voice and suggests settings accordingly. Thinking we should have something similar in Emvoice One :)
That sounds great! Nice job.

Waiting patiently for the PC version :)

Do you have any view yet as to how you will price the product when you release it from beta? (Understand if you prefer not to disclose at this time)

cheers

RodolpheO

02 Jan 2019

raymondh wrote:
02 Jan 2019
That sounds great! Nice job.

Waiting patiently for the PC version :)

Do you have any view yet as to how you will price the product when you release it from beta? (Understand if you prefer not to disclose at this time)

cheers
We haven't decided yet, but the plugin should cost a few hundred dollars, including one free voice. Then each voice could be added as an expansion pack.

RodolpheO

10 Apr 2019

The new beta is arriving! With Mac/PC compatibility, text editor, and more. It will be available on Sat 14th on emvoiceapp.com
We've spent a lot of time improving speed - this new beta is super fast - and reliability. Check it out!

Boombastix
Competition Winner

10 Apr 2019

RodolpheO wrote:
10 Apr 2019
The new beta is arriving! With Mac/PC compatibility, text editor, and more. It will be available on Sat 14th on emvoiceapp.com
We've spent a lot of time improving speed - this new beta is super fast - and reliability. Check it out!

It sounds so good, I think I need to AutoTune it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

RodolpheO

10 Apr 2019

Boombastix wrote:
10 Apr 2019

It sounds so good, I think I need to AutoTune it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Do you mean that Lucy is a bit pitchy? :lol:
We'll roll out a new version of this voice in the coming weeks, with better pitch control. Also we'll add a "snap-to-pitch" feature similar to autotune.

• Information