No Audio Input?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
gerard

01 Jan 2019

Hey everyone, I'm a novice trying to understand why my microphone is able to pick up my voice through the interface - yet Reason 10 will not pick it up when recording. I set the preference to the correct selection, and I still get the following message when selecting the audio track's input:

"No Audio Inputs Available, Please Check Your Sound Card Settings"

Any assistance will be much appreciated! I'm trying to record with a Rode NT1 Condenser Microphone & AI1 One-Channel USB Audio Interface connected to my Windows 10 PC. I've linked two screen caps below so you all can see what I'm doing.

joeyluck

02 Jan 2019

gerard wrote:
01 Jan 2019
Hey everyone, I'm a novice trying to understand why my microphone is able to pick up my voice through the interface - yet Reason 10 will not pick it up when recording. I set the preference to the correct selection, and I still get the following message when selecting the audio track's input:

Any assistance will be much appreciated! I'm trying to record with a Rode NT1 Condenser Microphone & AI1 One-Channel USB Audio Interface connected to my Windows 10 PC. I've linked two screen caps below so you all can see what I'm doing.
Looks like you are on Windows. I'm on macOS, and not familiar with Windows audio setup, so not sure how much help I can be.

But I did notice that in your screenshot of Preferences, it shows:
"Active Input Channels: 0 out of 0"
You should see "1 out of 1" there.

And it looks like the button for "Channels..." next to it is unavailable.

Is there perhaps another selection you can choose from the dropdown for Audio Card Driver? Another configuration of the Rode Al1? Is there a Windows driver that needs to be installed or Rode software that needs to run to configure your interface?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Jan 2019

Have you switched on phantom power to the microphone?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

02 Jan 2019

MrFigg wrote:
02 Jan 2019
That should only be done if the mic requires it, otherwise the mic will get damaged.

I guess the input channels are disabled in windows directly or just not selected as available or default input.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Jan 2019

Loque wrote:
02 Jan 2019
MrFigg wrote:
02 Jan 2019
That should only be done if the mic requires it, otherwise the mic will get damaged.

I guess the input channels are disabled in windows directly or just not selected as available or default input.
I know. I’ve got an nt1a which requires phantom power so I’m guessing it’s the same for the nt1

Edit: yeah. It does
Attachments
DC2880F6-F1A1-489F-8311-3B8A32C33149.png
DC2880F6-F1A1-489F-8311-3B8A32C33149.png (282.94 KiB) Viewed 8467 times
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

02 Jan 2019

MrFigg wrote:
02 Jan 2019
Loque wrote:
02 Jan 2019

I know. I’ve got an nt1a which requires phantom power so I’m guessing it’s the same for the nt1

Edit: yeah. It does
This wouldn't be a reason for the input not being available though

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Jan 2019

Nah. Guess not. Was just a thought.
Something to do with monitoring in preferences maybe?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

QVprod

02 Jan 2019

Looks like the driver used may be the issue. Many windows users use Asio4all. I would assume perhaps Reason doesn't work well with MME hence the inputs not showing up.

Loque

02 Jan 2019

QVprod wrote:
02 Jan 2019
Looks like the driver used may be the issue. Many windows users use Asio4all. I would assume perhaps Reason doesn't work well with MME hence the inputs not showing up.
Good point. The MME drive might be the problem. Switching to an ASIO could help.
Reason12, Win10

gerard

02 Jan 2019

Thanks everyone for your replies! It was the ASIO needing to be installed to the interface which I found here:

https://www.rode.com/ai1/downloads

thaddeushbrown

30 Apr 2021

joeyluck wrote:
02 Jan 2019
gerard wrote:
01 Jan 2019

Looks like you are on Windows. I'm on macOS, and not familiar with Windows audio setup, so not sure how much help I can be.

But I did notice that in your screenshot of Preferences, it shows:
"Active Input Channels: 0 out of 0"
You should see "1 out of 1" there.

And it looks like the button for "Channels..." next to it is unavailable.

Is there perhaps another selection you can choose from the dropdown for Audio Card Driver? Another configuration of the Rode Al1? Is there a Windows driver that needs to be installed or Rode software that needs to run to configure your interface?
I'm having a similar issue to the one presented in this thread but I am operating on a Mac. My Active Input channels in audio preferences says "0 out of 0" just like the screenshot above when I have the correct audio interface selected. I am able to record with the same gear through Garage Band but for some reason Reason isn't seeing the input channel(s) from the interface. From the research I've done so far the ASIO drivers don't seem like they are required for a mac. And when I have followed installation directions it did not fix anything. If I'm wrong on that I'd appreciate some guidance. Would joeyluck, or anyone else with Mac experience have any advice for approaching this issue with the following gear and operating system? Phantom power is needed and is on.

Operating system: MacOS Catalina
Mic: Rode NT1A
Audio Interface: Xenyx Behringer Q802
Computer: 2019 MacBook Air
DAW: Reason 11.3.9d22

RogerThat

22 Oct 2022

Exact same problem here (MacOS Monterey 12.6).

jam-s

23 Oct 2022

I think there is some security setting in MacOS that prevents all apps from recording audio unless explicitly allowed to do so.

lordticklish

06 Dec 2023

I’m having the exact same problem. M track duo does not seem to be recognized for audio input. I still haven't found a solution. Has anyone?

• Information