Automate Combinator Run Button

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Dec 2018

Reason actually has everything I need so it's nearly next to never that I could wish for any features. An automatable Run button on combinators however, is something I have missed since day one. Just for the mere fact that muting or bypassing cuts off note and reverb tails abruptly. I know I can go into the combinator and automate the individual devices but when there's a load of stuff going on in the combinator a "one Run button to rule them all" would be great. This has probably been covered and I'm guessing it's not easily doable as it would probably have already been fixed. In any case...that's the only thing I want. (If not for Xmas then maybe for my birthday?)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

AttenuationHz

28 Dec 2018

Not sure why its a problem anyway the sequencer runs when you press play, mutes or solo's come into play then!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Dec 2018

AttenuationHz wrote:
28 Dec 2018
Not sure why its a problem anyway the sequencer runs when you press play, mutes or solo's come into play then!
As I said, using mute cuts off reverb and note tails.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

AttenuationHz

29 Dec 2018

MrFigg wrote:
29 Dec 2018
AttenuationHz wrote:
28 Dec 2018
Mute before Reverb then! or reverb Pre-fader. :?
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Dec 2018

AttenuationHz wrote:
29 Dec 2018
MrFigg wrote:
29 Dec 2018

I’m talking about reverb and note tails on the sequences programmed within the Run Combi itself. Not insert or send effects. Maybe you know something I don’t.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

AttenuationHz

29 Dec 2018

MrFigg wrote:
29 Dec 2018
AttenuationHz wrote:
29 Dec 2018

I’m talking about reverb and note tails on the sequences programmed within the Run Combi itself. Not insert or send effects. Maybe you know something I don’t.
Tails are being cut off when you mute because the reverb is being muted at the end of the chain. If you mean by note tails a delay effect on audio its the same reason for it being cut off the audio is being stopped at the end of the chain. If you mute pre fader or pre effect then no effect tails will be muted and you will have a nice tail. Find whatever effect it is and connect it to an aux and turn on pre-fader.

EDIT: Trace the signal chain if it is CV triggering notes you can mute the CV to a bypass. If its a built in effect you do not have access to find some way to bypass the notes.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Dec 2018

AttenuationHz wrote:
29 Dec 2018
MrFigg wrote:
29 Dec 2018

Tails are being cut off when you mute because the reverb is being muted at the end of the chain. If you mean by note tails a delay effect on audio its the same reason for it being cut off the audio is being stopped at the end of the chain. If you mute pre fader or pre effect then no effect tails will be muted and you will have a nice tail. Find whatever effect it is and connect it to an aux and turn on pre-fader.

EDIT: Trace the signal chain if it is CV triggering notes you can mute the CV to a bypass. If its a built in effect you do not have access to find some way to bypass the notes.
Cool. Thanks :)
My point was though that everything would be much simpler if I could just automate the run button on the combi :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

AttenuationHz

29 Dec 2018

MrFigg wrote:
29 Dec 2018
AttenuationHz wrote:
29 Dec 2018

Cool. Thanks :)
My point was though that everything would be much simpler if I could just automate the run button on the combi :).
There's a few devices that have there run button exposed to a combi which can be programmed to a button. Those that do not already have a run button on the combi. Its not a control that can be automated though. Next best thing is Remote overriding to a button on a midi controller.
Run.JPG
Run.JPG (8.46 KiB) Viewed 602 times

• Information