Do you think reason will ever get a better sampler?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Oquasec

26 Dec 2018

Since I'm an FL Studio/Reason user I don't know how macs function.
Garageband & logic are prolly better choices for that thing.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Jul 2021

Timmy Crowne wrote:
27 Jul 2018
If Props stays on the device-releasing trajectory, a new sampler seems incumbent. I just wonder if it'll be part of a Reason update or as a standalone RE purchase, like Umpf or Layers.
Now you know…and it only took three years. Excellent. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

jaeproduced

18 Jul 2021

1. I would like the new sampler to be able to import Wav, Rex, Aiff & Mp3 files.
2. I would like the new sampler to be able to open Recycle files with previous saved sample chops in tact.
3. I would like the new sampler to tell you what key your sample is in & have key shift functionality.
4. I would like the new sampler to have an auto chop function & be able to find/suggest samples.
5. I would like the new sampler to automatically play/sync the sample/loop to the tempo of the song.
6. I would like the new sampler to have a normalize function in case you get a low volume sample.
7. I would like the new sampler to replace Recycle NO more just Rex files...

jam-s

18 Jul 2021

jaeproduced wrote:
18 Jul 2021
1. I would like the new sampler to be able to import Wav, Rex, Aiff & Mp3 files.
2. I would like the new sampler to be able to open Recycle files with previous saved sample chops in tact.
3. I would like the new sampler to tell you what key your sample is in & have key shift functionality.
4. I would like the new sampler to have an auto chop function & be able to find/suggest samples.
5. I would like the new sampler to automatically play/sync the sample/loop to the tempo of the song.
6. I would like the new sampler to have a normalize function in case you get a low volume sample.
Going from past experience RS will turn this list into a pick 2 or pick 3 at most or to implement all features but in a somewhat broken way. :twisted:

fullforce

18 Jul 2021

MrFigg wrote:
18 Jul 2021
Timmy Crowne wrote:
27 Jul 2018
If Props stays on the device-releasing trajectory, a new sampler seems incumbent. I just wonder if it'll be part of a Reason update or as a standalone RE purchase, like Umpf or Layers.
Where is it?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Jul 2021

fullforce wrote:
18 Jul 2021
MrFigg wrote:
18 Jul 2021

Where is it?
?

!

20 seconds in.
Last edited by MrFigg on 18 Jul 2021, edited 1 time in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

avasopht
Competition Winner

18 Jul 2021

fullforce wrote:
18 Jul 2021
MrFigg wrote:
18 Jul 2021

Where is it?
Have you tried checking inside your pockets?

fullforce

18 Jul 2021

MrFigg wrote:
18 Jul 2021
fullforce wrote:
18 Jul 2021

Where is it?
?
Ah, right. Thanks.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

fullforce

18 Jul 2021

avasopht wrote:
18 Jul 2021
fullforce wrote:
18 Jul 2021

Where is it?
Have you tried checking inside your pockets?
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

zero01101

18 Jul 2021

bik44 wrote:
19 Sep 2018
There is so much to do in this software that I do not know, maybe 2021 :)
you should probably buy a lottery ticket ;)

BRIGGS

18 Jul 2021

r11s

lowtom

18 Jul 2021

Mimic Creative Sampler.
mimic.png
mimic.png (140.5 KiB) Viewed 2705 times

It is not my leak as I do not have access to beta of it. I found it by pure luck watching some YT videos.
:reason: :refill: :re:

PhillipOrdonez

18 Jul 2021

Nice catch

Heigen5

18 Jul 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
18 Jul 2021
Nice catch
Yeah, it seems not like a sampler, that was created for the multi-layer real-world instrument purpose - but maybe to work with the oneshots? I could be wrong though, as I can't see all the stuff from that picture yet. :-)

helmutson

18 Jul 2021

link to the yt video ? Seems that the lower half of the new RE in Ryans last video was the MCS ... if this is not a fake, because for me it looks very poor ...

avasopht
Competition Winner

18 Jul 2021

helmutson wrote:
18 Jul 2021
link to the yt video ? Seems that the lower half of the new RE in Ryans last video was the MCS ... if this is not a fake, because for me it looks very poor ...
Yeah ... totally not the high-res we were after 😜

helmutson

18 Jul 2021

avasopht wrote:
18 Jul 2021
helmutson wrote:
18 Jul 2021
Yeah ... totally not the high-res we were after 😜
I have a bad feeling about this ... :lol:

Creativemind

18 Jul 2021

jam-s wrote:
18 Jul 2021
jaeproduced wrote:
18 Jul 2021
Going from past experience RS will turn this list into a pick 2 or pick 3 at most or to implement all features but in a somewhat broken way. :twisted:
I'm afraid to say you're right.

They add quantizing of audio with the slice edit and don't add transient time displays or transient sensitivity.

They update the mixer in 7 and didn't add more sends, ganged faders, PDC (which is very needed for Parallel Processing which was added in that version) or collapsible subgroups.

They add a browser in 8 and didn't add sync'ing of both the rack and sequencer browsers nor an audio wave display or tempo sync.

They add themes in 9 and not have them apply to the mixer and have to restart Reason to apply.

They added slicing midi notes in 9 but didn't add joining to notes with it.

They added Bounce In Place in 9 but didn't include Merging or a Mono bounce option.

They added Curved Automaton in 11 and didn't add multiple curves or drawable curves.

They added Audio Crossfades in 11 but again only one curve and no vertical alignment.

They added thatcwuick drawing of notes in 11 but doesn't work vertically.

They added Muting Notes in 11 but you have to click the individual notes instead of being able scroll which would've been really elligant.

They added that Highlighting Notes in 11 but no midi controller key highlighting across the note row so you can quickly find where that note is on your midi controller.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

helmutson

19 Jul 2021

After no more reliable evidences ( :lol: ) , I really don't think this pic is Mimic Sampler. It's so poorly designed ... no way. Thats a fake for sure ...

slic

19 Jul 2021

helmutson wrote:
19 Jul 2021
After no more reliable evidences ( :lol: ) , I really don't think this pic is Mimic Sampler. It's so poorly designed ... no way. Thats a fake for sure ...
Your eyes must be better than mine, I cant see how it is designed from that blurry picture!

helmutson

19 Jul 2021

slic wrote:
19 Jul 2021
helmutson wrote:
19 Jul 2021
Your eyes must be better than mine, I cant see how it is designed from that blurry picture!
... OK, it's my personal opinion and just the look of it, but maybe I'm completely wrong ... you're right - we know nothing exept that blurry, unconfirmed picture ;)

KGB

20 Jul 2021

Creativemind wrote:
18 Jul 2021
jam-s wrote:
18 Jul 2021

I'm afraid to say you're right.

They add quantizing of audio with the slice edit and don't add transient time displays or transient sensitivity.

They update the mixer in 7 and didn't add more sends, ganged faders, PDC (which is very needed for Parallel Processing which was added in that version) or collapsible subgroups.

They add a browser in 8 and didn't add sync'ing of both the rack and sequencer browsers nor an audio wave display or tempo sync.

They add themes in 9 and not have them apply to the mixer and have to restart Reason to apply.

They added slicing midi notes in 9 but didn't add joining to notes with it.

They added Bounce In Place in 9 but didn't include Merging or a Mono bounce option.

They added Curved Automaton in 11 and didn't add multiple curves or drawable curves.

They added Audio Crossfades in 11 but again only one curve and no vertical alignment.

They added thatcwuick drawing of notes in 11 but doesn't work vertically.

They added Muting Notes in 11 but you have to click the individual notes instead of being able scroll which would've been really elligant.

They added that Highlighting Notes in 11 but no midi controller key highlighting across the note row so you can quickly find where that note is on your midi controller.
:D :D :D :D this is hilarious

Why are they doing that?

AnotherMathias

21 Jul 2021

lowtom wrote:
18 Jul 2021
Mimic Creative Sampler.
mimic.png

It is not my leak as I do not have access to beta of it. I found it by pure luck watching some YT videos.
I think that this fuzzy image looks quite plausible. It matches the high resolution image of the bottom bit that we’ve seen elsewhere.
Unfortunately, to the extent that we can guess about the blurry bits, I think it seems a bit lackluster. Standard amp and filter, ASDR envelopes, and a single LFO. One assignable effect, plus a one-knob compressor. DJ style high/low EQ, and perhaps bizarrely, two effects sends.

There’s some mysterious stuff along the top that COULD contain some fun bits, like different playback modes. It’s unclear if it’s just a single file slice-and-stretch machine, but I don’t see any signs of a provision for a multi sample key map.

People like me, who were hoping for a new NN-XT, will probably have to keep using the old one for another 15 or so years.

lowtom

21 Jul 2021

helmutson wrote:
19 Jul 2021
And what makes you so sure? :puf_bigsmile:

Here is another screengrab.
mimic.png
mimic.png (352.66 KiB) Viewed 2230 times

Sorry but I will not state the source as I'm not the one who will point fingers. It obviously was leaked unintenionally.
:reason: :refill: :re:

helmutson

21 Jul 2021

OK, not sure any longer ... but it's very different than I had expected ... so to speak.

• Information