How to get notes (gate) to trigger pump on another instrument?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Zac

22 Dec 2018

Last night i wanted the notes of a melody line to trigger Pump RE attached to another pad synth to gate it but couldn't figure out how to get the gate cv from the melody synth into the cv in trigger on pump.

It must be simple, and i should know this by now but ...

Reasonable man

22 Dec 2018

Thor is obviously an audio to cv converter but it dont work to good for this imo .
You could do yourself a solid and pick this beauty up for £8 . Its good at detecting and amplifing weak cv signals.
https://shop.propellerheads.com/rack-ex ... dio-to-cv/

This is what i use for that exact purpose only i have Sacre instead of pump (which is the same thing). Cv outta audio to cv coverter into the gate in of Sacre with it set to retrigger mode (instead of loop mode) . I'm sure pump must ghave a retrigger setting.

Loque

22 Dec 2018

If Pump supports notes, simple copy the note lane. If you want to catch a gate signal from a synth, put it into the Combinator, move the note lane to the Combinator, add a RPG8 into the Combinator without connecting it and disable it, now grab the gate from the back of RPG8.
Reason12, Win10

Zac

22 Dec 2018

Loque wrote:
22 Dec 2018
If Pump supports notes, simple copy the note lane. If you want to catch a gate signal from a synth, put it into the Combinator, move the note lane to the Combinator, add a RPG8 into the Combinator without connecting it and disable it, now grab the gate from the back of RPG8.
I'll try this. Thanks. Kinda moved on song wise but very good to know.

I won't say too much but I'm pretty concerned about getting vst midi support. Let's face it, midi RE is via Players... I don't know but i worry xx

Loque

23 Dec 2018

Zac wrote:
22 Dec 2018
Loque wrote:
22 Dec 2018

I won't say too much but I'm pretty concerned about getting vst midi support. Let's face it, midi RE is via Players... I don't know but i worry xx
You can also grab note info. If you want it polyphonic, you need CVPT and you can finally combine it with PolyCV. Its not that comfortable, but it works.
Reason12, Win10

Zac

23 Dec 2018

Loque wrote:
23 Dec 2018
Zac wrote:
22 Dec 2018

You can also grab note info. If you want it polyphonic, you need CVPT and you can finally combine it with PolyCV. Its not that comfortable, but it works.
I hear you but I'm concerned how midi based vsts like ctulu etc can work in Reason... they aren't Player REs...

mjxl

23 Dec 2018

Zac wrote:
23 Dec 2018
Loque wrote:
23 Dec 2018

I hear you but I'm concerned how midi based vsts like ctulu etc can work in Reason... they aren't Player REs...
MIDI based VST won't work at all, they have to be routed externally.
You can use BlueCats Patchwork, or load it via let's say VSTHost.
Then you also need MIDI feedback, like LoopMIDI

Also you will need MidiOut vst.

viewtopic.php?t=7505194

I have the MidiOut dll if you need (it took me quite some time to find the correct one). The rest you can find pretty easily online.
midiOut.zip
(605.02 KiB) Downloaded 31 times

• Information