Complex from Propellerhead

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
mrnicehat

18 Dec 2018

an exciting time for reason users. now there is a complex osc like the dpo in reason :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: .

RobC

18 Dec 2018

EnochLight wrote:
18 Dec 2018
RobC wrote:
18 Dec 2018
Haha! xD Of course they had to make the fertilizing joke. xD
I must have missed that one. :/

EnochLight

18 Dec 2018

RobC wrote:
18 Dec 2018
EnochLight wrote:
18 Dec 2018

I must have missed that one. :/
Hahah - now I see it. Not sure if that was intentional, but knowing Ryan... :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

tibah

18 Dec 2018

Hurray! Nice stuff. Now make it a VST as well and bundle it with Reason... soon-ish! ;)

cognitive

18 Dec 2018

Trialing right now ... good LORD!!!

Setting aside the drool-worthy modular nature of this RE this beast has analog mojo for days rivaling (maybe surpassing?) The Legend, my favorite (until now maybe) analog emulating RE.

And the gut-punching low end on this thing ... :shock:

As a kid, I cut my synth teeth recording multi-track arrangements using an ARP-2600, so this is right up my alley. :D

Crap, now I have to buy this ... :evil:

But on the plus side, it will further delay a wallet-killing foray back into physical modular analog hardware.

selig
RE Developer

18 Dec 2018

cognitive wrote:
18 Dec 2018
But on the plus side, it will further delay a wallet-killing foray back into physical modular analog hardware.
I'm worried it's advancing my inevitable slide down the rabbit hole that is modular synths. I already have some hardware picked out, and have already visited the local (and TOTALLY amazing) modular shop (Control, in Brooklyn).

Working on this synth just further focused my attention on the specific types of modules I would want, based on the things I did (and wanted to do but could not do) when programming patches during beta testing.

And not only do I need to purchase this synth now, but also about $3000 worth of modules as well. :o
Selig Audio, LLC

OverneathTheSkyBridg

18 Dec 2018

phobik wrote:
18 Dec 2018
it's looks and sounds great :thumbs_up:

now waiting for remote update with per device presets :ugeek:
This.

diminished
Competition Winner

18 Dec 2018

This is like...
"yo dawg, I herd u like reason so we put reason in your reason so you can reason while you reason"
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

raymondh

18 Dec 2018

selig wrote:
18 Dec 2018
cognitive wrote:
18 Dec 2018
I'm worried it's advancing my inevitable slide down the rabbit hole that is modular synths. I already have some hardware picked out, and have already visited the local (and TOTALLY amazing) modular shop (Control, in Brooklyn).

Working on this synth just further focused my attention on the specific types of modules I would want, based on the things I did (and wanted to do but could not do) when programming patches during beta testing.

And not only do I need to purchase this synth now, but also about $3000 worth of modules as well. :o
We'll set up a EA (Eurocrack Anonymous) support group for you Giles :)

decoder

18 Dec 2018

Dammit! I already spent all my play money on Lectric Panda REs during all the holiday sales... Very cool props!!

ltbrunt00

18 Dec 2018

Well, well, well the Props have done it again. Found a new way to take my money.
Come on you just dropped the Quad note Generator on us and now Complex, at this rate I will be homeless. This isn't even fair to my wallet. Just hold off releasing any addition awesome stuff until at least March/April.

Seriously Keep up the good work. I do like staying in the box and this device definitely something I was looking at buying in the VST world.

Software like this lets me know that the Props probably have products coming in the future that may blow our minds.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

Bes
Competition Winner

18 Dec 2018

i haven't felt this way since first playing with ReBirth way to go props!
- Certified Reason expert

strangers
Competition Winner

18 Dec 2018

diminished wrote:
18 Dec 2018
This is like...
"yo dawg, I herd u like reason so we put reason in your reason so you can reason while you reason"
:lol: Glad to see that line still going strong.

AttenuationHz

18 Dec 2018

What is this wizardry.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

pushedbutton

18 Dec 2018

I'm excited to play with this when it's (probably) included in Reason 11.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

AttenuationHz

18 Dec 2018

Just messing around with it there. There is plenty of phasing issues and very little sync making it very hard to make kick drums. :(

Unless there is, Iv'e not bothered reading Manuel!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

selig
RE Developer

18 Dec 2018

AttenuationHz wrote:
18 Dec 2018
Just messing around with it there. There is plenty of phasing issues and very little sync making it very hard to make kick drums. :(

Was just talking about this with someone else.

I use the LFO for kicks, because you can sync it. Just turn it all the way up and it's about right. You can always drive it higher with a positive CV source from either of the amp/mixers.

You can also sync the noise source, btw.
The LPGs are great for envelope/filter/vca all i one. The decay curve is ideal for percussive sounds IMO.

So with just two modules you got drums!
Selig Audio, LLC

QVprod

18 Dec 2018

pushedbutton wrote:
18 Dec 2018
I'm excited to play with this when it's (probably) included in Reason 11.
Doubtful. The only "synth" RE that was included in Reason after being in the shop is RadicalPiano...5 years after it was released because they upgraded the stock content and wanted a "better" piano sound. Every other included RE was free for a limited time or always free for the current version users. Not sure why this is a common thought. Drum sequencer might be a possible inclusion with that in mind though.

Excited for the people into modular synthesis. Sure there's limitations with Complex 1, but this is probably the best one can do within a RE. Still powerful however.

AttenuationHz

18 Dec 2018

selig wrote:
18 Dec 2018
AttenuationHz wrote:
18 Dec 2018

Was just talking about this with someone else.

I use the LFO for kicks, because you can sync it. Just turn it all the way up and it's about right. You can always drive it higher with a positive CV source from either of the amp/mixers.

You can also sync the noise source, btw.
The LPGs are great for envelope/filter/vca all i one. The decay curve is ideal for percussive sounds IMO.

So with just two modules you got drums!
Ah yes, I just saw that there! Also that patch was using the velocity to drive the envelope must explore that a bit!

AttenuationHz

18 Dec 2018

This really needs to be a thing extremely hard to navigate without going into every menu!
Complex1.jpg
Complex1.jpg (116.63 KiB) Viewed 3554 times

rpieket

18 Dec 2018

challism wrote:
18 Dec 2018
rpieket wrote:
18 Dec 2018
Has anyone figured out what is going on in the Complex-1 init patch? When I use "Reset Device", instead of getting a simple saw, I get a triangle with some kind of wave shaping and reverb + echo. But the wave shaper is not patched in, and the reverb is turned off. And I can't even find an echo module.

What is going on in the init patch? How do I strip it down to a simple saw with no effects?

-Ron.
Hi Ron, I merged your question into this topic, hoping it would get more attention in here. Can anyone answer Ron's question? Thanks!
Sorry, I meant to retract that post shortly after I posted it. It turned out I had a copy of Reaktor running in the background that was adding the artifacts. Driver error.

selig
RE Developer

18 Dec 2018

AttenuationHz wrote:
18 Dec 2018
This really needs to be a thing extremely hard to navigate without going into every menu!
There's a velocity jack if you'd rather just drag it "physically".
Selig Audio, LLC

Creativemind

18 Dec 2018

MattiasHG wrote:
18 Dec 2018
Emian wrote:
18 Dec 2018
notice the "-1"

First of a series of products ?
Actually it just sounded much cooler than just "Complex". But hey, if you like it: who knows?
:thumbs_up:
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

AttenuationHz

18 Dec 2018

selig wrote:
18 Dec 2018
AttenuationHz wrote:
18 Dec 2018
There's a velocity jack if you'd rather just drag it "physically".
Can't seem to drag from an output only an in.

AttenuationHz

18 Dec 2018

Too much fun!

• Information