(Ambient/Dystopian) New Album

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Despondo
Competition Winner

14 Dec 2018

I am proud to announce the release of my latest album. It is a dystopian influenced soundtrack style album meant to invoke a deep sense of mystery and take the listener on a sonic journey. Think of movies like Bladerunner, Bladerunner 2049 and the like.

I spent the last year writing a lot of music and these 11 pieces fit together like pieces of a puzzle, so I decided to make it an album and along with it, I wrote a back story including the titles of the tracks.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but I hope some of you will take a listen and will get some enjoyment out of it.

100% Reason

Thanks for listening!

botnotbot

15 Dec 2018

Right up my alley! Thanks for sharing :D

EDIT: This is seriously enjoyable sci-fi cinematic ambient. Great work, Despondo!

Jacob

15 Dec 2018

Hey! This is really cool! I love this genre (movie & music) Thanks for sharing. Hell, Thanks for creating!

FYI, I just purchased this album. Very cool work.

Despondo
Competition Winner

15 Dec 2018

botnotbot wrote:
15 Dec 2018
Right up my alley! Thanks for sharing :D

EDIT: This is seriously enjoyable sci-fi cinematic ambient. Great work, Despondo!
Thank you for the comment and for listening!

Despondo
Competition Winner

15 Dec 2018

Jacob wrote:
15 Dec 2018
Hey! This is really cool! I love this genre (movie & music) Thanks for sharing. Hell, Thanks for creating!

FYI, I just purchased this album. Very cool work.
Thank you!

raymondh

30 Dec 2018

Congratulations! A massive achievement! Very cool music and I agree the tracks fit together really well for the album.

Micha1973

31 Dec 2018

Superb! What things (re/vst/refill) do u use?
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

Troublemecca

08 Jan 2019

enjoying! recently i've been caught up writing lyrics... your tracks are reminding me where this started for me.

Despondo
Competition Winner

12 Mar 2020

raymondh wrote:
30 Dec 2018
Congratulations! A massive achievement! Very cool music and I agree the tracks fit together really well for the album.
Thank you for listening!

Despondo
Competition Winner

12 Mar 2020

Micha1973 wrote:
31 Dec 2018
Superb! What things (re/vst/refill) do u use?
I'll have to go back and open up the tracks to remind myself, but I will put together a list and post back here. Thanks for the question.

Despondo
Competition Winner

12 Mar 2020

Troublemecca wrote:
08 Jan 2019
enjoying! recently i've been caught up writing lyrics... your tracks are reminding me where this started for me.
Cool! Would like to see what you come up with. I came up with the backstory for this album while arranging the tracks in order for the album. It kind of all came out in one burst, but required me to compose an additional track "Message" once the story warranted it.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

14 Mar 2020

Really nice sound sellection.
Cool project.

Auryn

16 Mar 2020

I've been listening to this now for say 25 minutes and I have to say it's really well done. There's a lot of subtlety and patience in the arrangement and the sound selection is also very tasteful. There were a couple of moments that were quite overtly blade runner but on other tracks it really is more it's own thing, or maybe it reminds me a bit of The Black Dog which is a band that I also love, so that's good. If there's a comment/criticism it would be that on tracks where there's a beat it could use a bit more oomph in the bass department.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

Proboscis

17 Mar 2020

I kicked this off from the start of the album. Im onto track five. Really enjoying this record. There is a slight nod to Prodigy, for my ears, in 'Viaduct' with that weird tremolo'ing part.

Ok now Im on to track six. This album of yours really has a brilliant sound.

Troublemecca

05 Aug 2020

Despondo wrote:
12 Mar 2020
Troublemecca wrote:
08 Jan 2019
Cool! Would like to see what you come up with. I came up with the backstory for this album while arranging the tracks in order for the album. It kind of all came out in one burst, but required me to compose an additional track "Message" once the story warranted it.
I'm realizing you really have to capitalize on those "bursts"!!!

To be fair, I used Reason 11 in Logic... for 1 or two instruments, and the mastering chain on this one.

Chizmata

07 Aug 2020

Despondo wrote:
14 Dec 2018
I am proud to announce the release of my latest album. It is a dystopian influenced soundtrack style album meant to invoke a deep sense of mystery and take the listener on a sonic journey. Think of movies like Bladerunner, Bladerunner 2049 and the like.

I spent the last year writing a lot of music and these 11 pieces fit together like pieces of a puzzle, so I decided to make it an album and along with it, I wrote a back story including the titles of the tracks.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but I hope some of you will take a listen and will get some enjoyment out of it.

100% Reason

Thanks for listening!

i listened to "systematic breakdown" and its really solid. would fit perfectly into warhammer40k: inquistitor which im playing right now.

Despondo
Competition Winner

07 Aug 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
14 Mar 2020
Really nice sound sellection.
Cool project.
Hi Tritone,

Thanks for listening!

Despondo
Competition Winner

07 Aug 2020

Auryn wrote:
16 Mar 2020
I've been listening to this now for say 25 minutes and I have to say it's really well done. There's a lot of subtlety and patience in the arrangement and the sound selection is also very tasteful. There were a couple of moments that were quite overtly blade runner but on other tracks it really is more it's own thing, or maybe it reminds me a bit of The Black Dog which is a band that I also love, so that's good. If there's a comment/criticism it would be that on tracks where there's a beat it could use a bit more oomph in the bass department.
Thanks for listening and for the feedback. I will have to look up "The Black Dog" and check out their tracks. I will look into the Bass mix on some of the tracks that have a beat. Always looking to improve! :-)

Despondo
Competition Winner

07 Aug 2020

Proboscis wrote:
17 Mar 2020
I kicked this off from the start of the album. Im onto track five. Really enjoying this record. There is a slight nod to Prodigy, for my ears, in 'Viaduct' with that weird tremolo'ing part.

Ok now Im on to track six. This album of yours really has a brilliant sound.
Hi there. I really appreciate the feedback. Most of the time, I never hear anything back, so it is good to hear you are enjoying it.

Despondo
Competition Winner

07 Aug 2020

Troublemecca wrote:
05 Aug 2020
I'm realizing you really have to capitalize on those "bursts"!!!

To be fair, I used Reason 11 in Logic... for 1 or two instruments, and the mastering chain on this one.

Very true! I will listen to your track this weekend.

Despondo
Competition Winner

07 Aug 2020

Chizmata wrote:
07 Aug 2020
i listened to "systematic breakdown" and its really solid. would fit perfectly into warhammer40k: inquistitor which im playing right now.
:thumbs_up: I will have to check that game out!

Heigen5

18 Aug 2020

Congrats on the album release!
Checking the 'Alternate Reality Encounter'. Nice dark background atmospheres. Cool tensions. Could be used as a background music for the games or films. Love the moment when the kick came in. Cool!

Despondo
Competition Winner

28 Sep 2020

Heigen5 wrote:
18 Aug 2020
Congrats on the album release!
Checking the 'Alternate Reality Encounter'. Nice dark background atmospheres. Cool tensions. Could be used as a background music for the games or films. Love the moment when the kick came in. Cool!
Thanks. That track is mostly Synapse Audio's Dune2 synth. Great sounds from that thing!

Micha1973

29 Sep 2020

Great Job
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

• Information