Allihoopa is closing down :(

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Creativemind

13 Dec 2018

sublunar wrote:
13 Dec 2018
So when is that stupid button going to go away from my transport control?

Allihoopa seemed like nothing but a bunch of people ripping off each other's content and passing it off as their own. But I admit I only ever looked around that site once.
Same but change "once" to about "five times" lol!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

ScuzzyEye

13 Dec 2018

Did Allihoopa ever get any sort of multi-track support? The fact that it was a bounced stereo mix from Reason kept me from using it for any sort of colab work.

Creativemind

13 Dec 2018

ScuzzyEye wrote:
13 Dec 2018
Did Allihoopa ever get any sort of multi-track support? The fact that it was a bounced stereo mix from Reason kept me from using it for any sort of colab work.
Yeah I remember that issue. Would've vastly improved it if they incorporated that.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

cgijoe

13 Dec 2018

What a bummer! I use this all the time to bounce works in progress. So simple and easy!

I guess we should be expecting at least a minor Reason update January 18, 2019, right? At least to remove the "Drop to Allihoopa" feature...

EnochLight

13 Dec 2018

djs wrote:
13 Dec 2018
I have yet to try Allihoopa. Is it worth it to try before they shutdown?
No. It's being EOL'd by the middle of January. No point bothering now!
ScuzzyEye wrote:
13 Dec 2018
Nope - and I agree that was a major factor holding back its effectiveness. It was being marketed as a casual music making app/social network that "anyone" could use, and while that may have been true - it alienated all of the pro users.
Last edited by EnochLight on 13 Dec 2018, edited 2 times in total.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Ixus

13 Dec 2018

Good riddance!

Jmax

13 Dec 2018

sublunar wrote:
13 Dec 2018

Allihoopa seemed like nothing but a bunch of people ripping off each other's content and passing it off as their own. But I admit I only ever looked around that site once.
You only ever looked around that site once? So in actuality, you have no idea what you're talking about.

FYI it's a collaboration site. And a damn fine one at that. There were many incredible partnerships that came out of it and it connected people from all over the world. I meet quite a few friends I'm happy to say I make music with.
Many different apps were also able to access the service.
It was also an excellent way to "Drop" ideas quickly in high quality audio straight to a website. There was always a private option as to not share music publicly. You must of missed that as well.
I will also mention that the service was entirely free. Probably why they couldn't keep it going. Financials aside, It was a very solid and successful model.

Oquasec

13 Dec 2018

Yeah allihoopa was pointless af they need to make a Blend button instead
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Aosta

13 Dec 2018

Got into it a few months ago dropping figure loops and remixing others. It was fun to begin with but the whole thing slowly emerged as a huge popularity contest as most social media is.
Saying that though there were some really inspiring Figure things happening on there especially how much people could play about with the sounds to create new non generic tracks.
Shame really as it could have been so much more if they sorted out their legal model, expanded their services and changed the bloody name.
Tend the flame

chimp_spanner

13 Dec 2018

Yeah I never really used it. I very rarely collaborate but when I do it’s either with people I know/trust, or else it’d be formalised/contractualised in some way to assure royalties or credits or whatever. So it was always a bit of a weird one for me. I’m sure they had an idea and a vision and they tried it out. Sometimes that’s all ya can do!

craven

13 Dec 2018

dammit, I started to really like it to easily sing over Reason tracks on the go, also loved figure. So let's hope that Reason Compact will get all those functions now. If RC has the figure functionality and the ability to export that as a reason file, I'd be very happy. Oh man, sucks to see these go. Allihoopa was very practical when quickly sharing a song with friends, I'll miss it as well.
:ugeek:

Heigen5

13 Dec 2018

A lot more appealing would be making a way to load up any RE with a blank interface. In that way we would be able to collab. And where tha hell is freeze.... Tic Toc, - anybody home?

joeyluck

13 Dec 2018

I used it often and just made use of it for a past show I worked on.

The new private messaging was very handy for collaborating and working out credits for the artist I worked with.

Definitely the best atmosphere I have come across for music collaborations.

avasopht
Competition Winner

13 Dec 2018

EnochLight wrote:
13 Dec 2018
djs wrote:
13 Dec 2018
On the contrary. Now is the time we should all be creating and uploading our hottest gems. Let it go out with a bang!

pushedbutton

13 Dec 2018

avasopht wrote:
13 Dec 2018
EnochLight wrote:
13 Dec 2018

On the contrary. Now is the time we should all be creating and uploading our hottest gems. Let it go out with a bang!
It would be nice to see the site find a purpose before it dies.
Perhaps we have time to fill it with Christmas music.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

kuhliloach

13 Dec 2018

About a year ago I emailed Allihoopa asking them to permanently close my account. I found it annoying how the tracking and compensation of intellectual property was non-obvious and confusing, at least to me. In my Gadget app on iOS, an Allihoopa button appeared one day with no way to get rid of it! It seemed the use of Allihoopa was being forced onto end-users, taking up precious real-estate within their user interfaces. In my opinion these types of situations are a sure-fire way to doom the potential of any product. So, I find it not surprising the service is closing down. The very thing artists need is the same thing Allihoopa needed: compensation. Unlike Bandcamp, there are so many online music services that provide no clear and simple way for artists to be compensated. Pay artists, first and foremost, and perhaps that can lead to a platform that can also sustain itself.

miscend

13 Dec 2018

I never noticed the Allihoopa button in Gadget until now. Out of sheer curiosity I pressed it. And It seems Gadget has tight integration with the service. I wonder why Korg didn’t just buy out Allihoopa and use it as cloud song storage for their app users? Having song charts and being able to showcase user created songs is a huge part of the Gadget experience. I’d say a void has now been created for a service brings all the mobile music making apps together. Soundcloud doesn’t cut it and their mobile site & app are atrocious.
Last edited by miscend on 13 Dec 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Despondo
Competition Winner

13 Dec 2018

djs wrote:
13 Dec 2018
I just tried playing a song I had uploaded there, and they have disabled playback, so no, don't bother. I ended up just deactivating my account since I already have everything as Reason files that I ever put up there.

EnochLight

13 Dec 2018

joeyluck wrote:
13 Dec 2018
This drop from Ernst from a week ago is pretty awesome. Maybe some of is can add to it? :)

Lol! Default Dr. Octo patch ran through Syncronous. :D :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

QVprod

13 Dec 2018

Honestly surprised it got to the popularity it did. Didn't offer enough to keep me interested. Not when there are sites like Blend and Hit Record. If I were going to try collaborating with people I don't know, I'd try those.

Loque

14 Dec 2018

While thinking of which could be the new platform, only YouTube is actually big enough, stable, big audience and good sound quality. And you can earn a few cents... Now i need to look for a good video software...
Reason12, Win10

avasopht
Competition Winner

14 Dec 2018

With their demo of Reason in the browser, makes you wonder what's next. Especially with the competition of DAWs in the browser.

craven

14 Dec 2018

avasopht wrote:
14 Dec 2018
With their demo of Reason in the browser, makes you wonder what's next. Especially with the competition of DAWs in the browser.
Yes, Europa in the browser was pretty awesome. However, Europa is not Reason, even though Reason Compact is just Europa for now :)
:ugeek:

xylyx

14 Dec 2018

sublunar wrote:
13 Dec 2018
It will be replaced by a button that opens the new clip launcher in the next update....

Maybe ;)

• Information