Allihoopa is closing down :(

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
joeyluck

13 Dec 2018

"The service will be turned off on 17 January 2019. Thanks for all the music, love and inspiration. Join us on our last song. Link in bio."

They were doing some really cool stuff and the site had really shaped up with the new features and apps. Very unfortunate.

https://allihoopa.com/s/DiCQIJCU

dioxide

13 Dec 2018

Not a huge surprise. I can't help but think it would have got off to a better start if the terms had been more favourable to artists. But also I have no idea how they would be able to pay for bandwidth costs if it had been more successful.

Hopefully the technology behind it can be rolled into some other useful feature.

Despondo
Competition Winner

13 Dec 2018

I really liked this site since I could quickly send my in-progress Reason tracks as unlisted to Allihoopa and listen to them offline. It sure beat the crap out of exporting a WAV/AIF and then either converting to MP3 and uploading to my smartphone, or uploading to Soundcloud, etc.

What a shame to see this go. Any alternatives out there for easily doing this from Reason?!?!?

dioxide

13 Dec 2018

Full statement here:
https://allihoopa.com/info

Loque

13 Dec 2018

I am not sure i am sad or not, but i got used to it to share some stuff with a quite good quality. Now i need to look for something new, because Soundcloud sux.

In the end this step is no real surprise, since i never saw a way for them to earn money... I wish the best for the employees and hopefully they still have a nice xmas.
Reason12, Win10

Adabler
Competition Winner

13 Dec 2018

Darn, that is too bad. I will miss it for sure, used it a lot for sharing WIPs and such. Question naow is, what will happen to the lower right corner of reason?
:reason: 12, Win10

NeiloMaxximum

13 Dec 2018

I wouldn't mind if Propheads put whatever resources they were using for Alihoopa into maybe working with Splice?

Electric-Metal

13 Dec 2018

Despondo wrote:
13 Dec 2018
I really liked this site since I could quickly send my in-progress Reason tracks as unlisted to Allihoopa and listen to them offline. It sure beat the crap out of exporting a WAV/AIF and then either converting to MP3 and uploading to my smartphone, or uploading to Soundcloud, etc.
Same here. Gonna miss this convenience.
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

Jmax

13 Dec 2018

Also quite sad to see this go. A little surprised as Allihoopa seemed to be ever expanding. New apps were always being added/supported it all the time. Also Figure and Take, as well as Reason Compact were all able to upload into it. And Figure and Take will be removed from the app store now? what a shame, as they were truly some great music creation apps and great collaboration starters. What will Reason Compact upload to now? I guess the old, export a Wav file.. I've never been a fan of with phones.

I did often wonder how Allihoopa was funded, as. With unlimited high quality .wav uploads and totally free. I guess the user base just grew out of control.

It's to bad, I would happily pay $10 a month to have the service and keep Allihoopa alive.

I guess it's time to get downloaded all of my old collabs and what ever cool song starters I can find.

I"m also in the same boat as Loque and not a fan of Soundcloud. Although I do use it, I just don't see it as having half the potential as Allihoopa. Not as a collaboration site but just the way it connects everyone together I feel is quite poor.

If anyone knows other sites worthy of mention.. please feel free to share.

Despondo
Competition Winner

13 Dec 2018

Jmax wrote:
13 Dec 2018
If anyone knows other sites worthy of mention.. please feel free to share.
I'm going to go back to burning my songs to CD's......

esselfortium

13 Dec 2018

NeiloMaxximum wrote:
13 Dec 2018
I wouldn't mind if Propheads put whatever resources they were using for Alihoopa into maybe working with Splice?
Allihoopa spun off from Propellerhead into its own company several years ago, so probably not.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Kenni
Site Admin

13 Dec 2018

Sad to hear this.

Maybe we should consider setting up a server for ReasonTalk for users to drag/drop their wav-exports, if sharing songs and ideas is something people will miss with Allihoopa?
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Loque

13 Dec 2018

Kenni wrote:
13 Dec 2018
Sad to hear this.

Maybe we should consider setting up a server for ReasonTalk for users to drag/drop their wav-exports, if sharing songs and ideas is something people will miss with Allihoopa?
Yea, lots of links going to be dead. Where to drop, which stays?
Reason12, Win10

selig
RE Developer

13 Dec 2018

Kenni wrote:
13 Dec 2018
Sad to hear this.

YES!
Selig Audio, LLC

EnochLight

13 Dec 2018

D'oh!

https://allihoopa.com/info

Questions
What is happening?
We are completely closing down the Allihoopa service on 17 January 2019.
We want to let you know now so you can make your final drops, connect with other users and download your music pieces (using our Mixtape feature) before it all goes away.
What does that mean?
The Allihoopa service will cease to exist. The website will be taken down. The Allihoopa app will be removed from AppStore. All music files and accounts will be deleted and unavailable. You will not be able to browse, play, pick up or drop music pieces at all.
We are trying hard to find a place for our Take and Figure apps, but at this point they have no home. We’ll let you know if that happens. If we are unable to find a new owner for them, they will be removed from App Store.
Why is this happening?
Simply, we can no longer afford to be in business.
If Take and Figure are removed from App Store, can I still use them?
Yes, kind of. They will still work on your iOS device but connections in them to Allihoopa will not, (e.g. no dropping, no backing tracks to use in Take or songs to browse in Figure). Make sure to download them now from App Store if you want to keep using them. Obviously once they are removed they will not be updated and we cannot guarantee that they will continue to function moving forward.
What happens to my music? Can I get my stuff?
Yes you can get your music now before we close. Go to your profile settings and download your Mixtape. You’ll get a zip archive containing an web page (html index) that can be viewed on your computer’s web browser locally with all your music.
If you have any songs in Figure or Take you can drop them to Allihoopa first, so you can have backups of them included in your Mixtape.
Can I back up my Take files, my Figure files?
We suggest that you drop your Take and Figure files to Allihoopa. They can be unlisted if you like. Then create your Mixtape archive and when done download it somewhere safe. It will have the finished audio piece and in the case of Figure, Gadget and Vivid Tracker also contains the project files too.
How can I keep in contact with people I met on Allihoopa?
Message them now on allihoopa. Introduce yourself. We hope you'll form groups and forums else where to keep things going.
Can I still use the third party apps like Korg Gadget, Soundtrap, Moog Model 15?
Absolutely. Those are great music-making apps that work as stand-alone apps. We have let them know the Allihoopa service is closing and they are altering their apps as necessary.
Last edited by EnochLight on 13 Dec 2018, edited 1 time in total.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

antic604

13 Dec 2018

Well that's a surprise... not.

EnochLight

13 Dec 2018

antic604 wrote:
13 Dec 2018
Well that's a surprise... not.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

sublunar

13 Dec 2018

So when is that stupid button going to go away from my transport control?

Allihoopa seemed like nothing but a bunch of people ripping off each other's content and passing it off as their own. But I admit I only ever looked around that site once.

EnochLight

13 Dec 2018

I would expect the "Drop to Allihoopa" button to disappear in a random point update. Probably won't occur until after the service shuts down in mid-January 2019, though

djs

13 Dec 2018

I have yet to try Allihoopa. Is it worth it to try before they shutdown?

rgdaniel

13 Dec 2018

I dropped a song onto Alihoopa once. It did not immediately make me rich and famous, so I never went there again. ;)

artotaku

13 Dec 2018

Enterprises have to try new things. If it doesn´t work out better shut it down as soon as possible. Google did a lot of things like that, think of Google Wave and Plus.
One benefit may be that developer resources can now be shifted back to the core products if they haven´t left before.

madmacman

13 Dec 2018

artotaku wrote:
13 Dec 2018
Google did a lot of things like that, think of Google Wave and Plus.
And every two years or so they shut down another unsuccessful messenger (this time: Allo). :lol:

pushedbutton

13 Dec 2018

Allihoopa, it wasn't entirely pointless, but it was damn close.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Noplan
Competition Winner

13 Dec 2018

sublunar wrote:
13 Dec 2018
So when is that stupid button going to go away from my transport control?
Never noticed that button until now. :mrgreen:

• Information