Anyone else use BFD3?

Discuss VST stuff here!
dtaki

05 Dec 2018

I have BFD3 and Reason 9.5, and I still can't get the two to sync together properly. When I hit "Play" in Reason, or if I scrub to a certain location in Reason's sequencer, BFD3 properly aligns to the correct location in its internal drum track sequencer (in the Groove Editor page). But BFD3 doesn't actually play any sound, because its transport is stuck on "Stop". If I hit BFD3's Play button while Reason's sequencer is playing, then it locks on to the correct position and plays, but it does not stop when I hit Reason's "stop" button.

In other words, it seems like BFD3's sequencer follows Reason's sequencer's positional data, but it does not respond to Reason's transport commands. Has this been fixed in R10? Or is this still an issue? It seems like I can always just drag the MIDI file into Reason's sequencer, but I'd rather stay in BFD3's groove editor because of the tools it provides.

esselfortium

05 Dec 2018

I just bought BFD3 today, so I'll let you know whether it works any differently there. I haven't heard anything about BFD-specific fixes being done for Reason 10, though.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

esselfortium

05 Dec 2018

No luck, as best as I can tell. I've put in a support ticket with FXpansion to see if they might have any answers or if they can figure out a fix.
Sarah Mancuso

paulred67

07 Dec 2018

I have BFD 3 and it doesn't work properly in Reason 10, exactly as you described it. That's why I temporarily stopped using it in Reason and bought EZ Drummer instead. I contacted FXpansion support after Propellerhead launched VST support, but they haven't fixed it yet.
Studio One 6, Melodyne 5 Studio, Nord Stage, Roland RD-88, VR-730, Jupiter-Xm, JD-08, Arturia V Collection X, Pigments 5, Korg Collection 3, East West Cloud, Sampletank 4, Miroslav Philharmonic 2, Syntronik, Sampletron, Hammond B-3X, Blue 3, Pianoteq.

dtaki

12 Dec 2018

I received a response from FXpansion, and it looks like this is an issue that can't be fixed (at least not on FXpansion's end). Here's what the FXpansion rep said:

This is a known issue and out of our control, unfortunately.

The BFD3 transport engine has been developed in such a way that it isn't able to latch to Reason's internal transport. We were in contact with the Propellerhead team when they started to support VSTs to try and fix this, but sadly nothing materialised.

Oquasec

12 Dec 2018

BFD Refill
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

esselfortium

12 Dec 2018

dtaki wrote:
12 Dec 2018
I received a response from FXpansion, and it looks like this is an issue that can't be fixed (at least not on FXpansion's end). Here's what the FXpansion rep said:

This is a known issue and out of our control, unfortunately.

The BFD3 transport engine has been developed in such a way that it isn't able to latch to Reason's internal transport. We were in contact with the Propellerhead team when they started to support VSTs to try and fix this, but sadly nothing materialised.
I've reported it to Propellerhead. I'm not sure how high on the priority list it'll be but hopefully they'll be able to take a look at it...
Sarah Mancuso

geronimo

12 Apr 2019

dtaki wrote:
05 Dec 2018
If I hit BFD3's Play button while Reason's sequencer is playing, then it locks on to the correct position and plays, but it does not stop when I hit Reason's "stop" button.
It's work fine after the recent update (BFD 3.3.) _

esselfortium

12 Apr 2019

geronimo wrote:
12 Apr 2019
dtaki wrote:
05 Dec 2018
If I hit BFD3's Play button while Reason's sequencer is playing, then it locks on to the correct position and plays, but it does not stop when I hit Reason's "stop" button.
It's work fine after the recent update (BFD 3.3.) _
Ooh, great news! Can't wait to test it out.
Sarah Mancuso

• Information